Police state or the state of policing

Gringo

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Also... I really don't think it was the question that put Rowley in that mood.

Yeah, tough meeting I think 

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Also... I really don't think it was the question that put Rowley in that mood.

He's probably had a strip torn off him by Starmer. 

They had a meeting on Friday to discuss what they needed and the country burned over the weekend. 

If they'd all said they had got a handle on it on Friday, they may well have been torn new ones today. 

We can't be the only ones looking at eg Tamworth wondering why no police moved to stop the fires being lit 

It was similar in Yorkshire too. A line of police stood there whilst the building was physically burned a few meters away. 

I'd certainly be asking questions this morning. It may have got a bit heated. 

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's probably had a strip torn off him by Starmer. 

They had a meeting on Friday to discuss what they needed and the country burned over the weekend. 

If they'd all said they had got a handle on it on Friday, they may well have been torn new ones today. 

We can't be the only ones looking at eg Tamworth wondering why no police moved to stop the fires being lit 

It was similar in Yorkshire too. A line of police stood there whilst the building was physically burned a few meters away. 

I'd certainly be asking questions this morning. It may have got a bit heated. 

None of the riots were the responsibility of the Met were they?

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah, that'll stop the questions. Great job Rowley, you **** idiot.

As stupid as that was from Rowley and he should've just completely ignored the jounalist, it is a pretty scummy question given the context, another example of the media uncritically parroting the rhetoric that has led to these riots in the first place.

Unfortunately he's just given the usual suspects the ammunition to feign shock and victimhood in all this

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

None of the riots were the responsibility of the Met were they?

But he would be part of the panel of police chiefs who went in. In fact one of the senior members. 

12 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

As stupid as that was from Rowley and he should've just completely ignored the jounalist, it is a pretty scummy question given the context, another example of the media uncritically parroting the rhetoric that has led to these riots in the first place.

Unfortunately he's just given the usual suspects the ammunition to feign shock and victimhood in all this

Oh, totally unprofessional and completely unhelpful to everyone. 

Compare and contrast with how Starmer fielded the exact same question the day before. 

• Like 1

Shout out to all the officers working their arses off the last few days to prevent escalations and trying to minimise even further riots.

Sometimes we forget the good they actually do

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Shout out to all the officers working their arses off the last few days to prevent escalations and trying to minimise even further riots.

I'd have been absolutely shitting myself if this was my job.

Seen plenty of video on the news tonight of police in normal flat caps, no shields, moving forwards towards rioters with a sea bricks being hurled at them. I'm not at surprised to see the numbers of injured they've suffered. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'd have been absolutely shitting myself if this was my job.

Seen plenty of video on the news tonight of police in normal flat caps, no shields, moving forwards towards rioters with a sea bricks being hurled at them. I'm not at surprised to see the numbers of injured they've suffered. 

Its horrific mate. Most are paid pretty poorly yet they have to go through the conditions you describw. We are quick to criticise when one officer does something bad but we dont often praise them when they keep us safe

55 year old woman  has been arrested for posting a message on social media that they hadn’t verified to check if it was true .

The post is being reported as 

Ali Al-Shakati was the suspect, he was an asylum seeker who came to the UK by boat last year and was on an MI6 watch list. If this is true, then all hell is about to break loose.

Seems she was arrested for inciting racial hatred

Thoughts on this or is everyone too busy deleting old inaccurate  posts to comment ?

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

who lives in a £1.5 mil Cheshire house ?

You've outed yourself as a tabloid journalist. You'll be talking about the fracas they caused next :)

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You've outed yourself as a tabloid journalist. You'll be talking about the fracas they caused next :)

It’s just one of the few things I know about her that others might know. She was outed a couple of days ago by a journalist that published the story and sent the evidence to the police.

EDIT: I’ve now clicked the link and seen that I was correct

3 hours ago, bickster said:

It’s just one of the few things I know about her that others might know. She was outed a couple of days ago by a journalist that published the story and sent the evidence to the police.

EDIT: I’ve now clicked the link and seen that I was correct

Didn’t originate there but as it’s been shared online repeatedly, I saw  the Labour councillor has also been arrested

I’m not sure i agree with either being arrested tbh , but I don’t know enough about the woman to know if her aim was to incite the riots that came about  

Edited by tonyh29

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Didn’t originate there but as it’s been shared online repeatedly, I saw  the Labour councillor has also been arrested

I’m not sure i agree with either being arrested tbh , but I don’t know enough about the woman to know if her aim was to incite the riots that came about  

He literally picked up a megaphone in front of a large, excited crowd of people and said they needed to slit the throats of any rioters. 

It's completely indefensible and he needs punishment. You just can't do that. 

• Like 2

Just now, sidcow said:

He literally picked up a megaphone in front of a large, excited crowd of people and said they needed to slit the throats of any rioters. 

It's completely indefensible and he needs punishment. You just can't do that. 

I think he got carried away in the moment , I don’t think he was actively trying to incite anyone into committing murder , he’s not Anjem Choudary 

stupid yes but arrest and prison … not for me 

Turns out a Labour MP’s old tweets have now resurfaced , not inciting riots but a wee bit xenophobic and potentially racist

doubt they warrant an arrest but then again I’ve no idea where this is all gonna end tbh 

21 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

As bicks said, there were plenty of journalists over the weekend trying to find the source of the Ali Al-Shakati stuff. There was nothing before she posted it.

So, given this person didn't exist before she invented him, it seems at the very least she has a case to answer.

And as I put in another thread, it's not like she's some nobody. She's been huge in online right-wing nutjob circles since at least Covid and probably before. 

If Laurence Fox is Blur and Katie Hopkins is Mansun, she's someone like Space. Or Gene.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â