Police state or the state of policing

Gringo

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep put me in that camp as well  **** scum. Police did well up to the point of the stanp. They badly let themselves down and no excuses for the actions they took after.

But they clearly didnt do this for no reason. Their emotions took over. But those scumbags getting no sympathy from me.

I think having seen the rest of the footage, the biggest question mark for me is why he went on to kick and punch a guy who was sat down with his hands up rather than the initial incident

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think having seen the rest of the footage, the biggest question mark for me is why he went on to kick and punch a guy who was sat down with his hands up rather than the initial incident

Yes alot of questions. Suprising no body cams on the officiers

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s a shame because the police appear to have done extremely well to handle a really horrible situation. 

And then completely ruined it

Yes, if it ended there and he hadn't have kicked and stamped on the head of the guy on the ground it would have been all about what scum the family were and bravery awards for the police involved. 

It IS inexcusable what the policeman did. I can totally understand it but you just can't attack a man on the ground like that. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

That should put an end to the claims he was an innocent bystander, at least

You reckon? 

conspiracy-conspiracy-time.gif

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Police should of kicked his head harder, Woman Beater! 

Also notice that the reason the mother is on the floor is because she takes an elbow from her son whilst he's mullering the police officer.  Maybe that's why he's suffering from PTSD. 

Edited by sidcow

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, if it ended there and he hadn't have kicked and stamped on the head of the guy on the ground it would have been all about what scum the family were and bravery awards for the police involved. 

It IS inexcusable what the policeman did. I can totally understand it but you just can't attack a man on the ground like that. 

One of the sad things is - if he hadn't kicked / stamped on the guy on the ground and the police had handled the situation perfectly, I imagine nobody other than those present in the airport terminal would have had any idea that this even happened. Is it major news when a police officer gets their nose broken?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

One of the sad things is - if he hadn't kicked / stamped on the guy on the ground and the police had handled the situation perfectly, I imagine nobody other than those present in the airport terminal would have had any idea that this even happened. Is it major news when a police officer gets their nose broken?

I was about to say this. This wouldnt have made the news and the police wouldnt have been praised for the good work they did.

That really is the sad situation 

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I was about to say this. This wouldnt have made the news and the police wouldnt have been praised for the good work they did.

That really is the sad situation 

I think it would have been news. Violent assaults on Police Officers are still newsworthy but especially when it takes place in a major airport terminal. 

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think it would have been news. Violent assaults on Police Officers are still newsworthy but especially when it takes place in a major airport terminal. 

It only would have made the news if the officier was killed. You rarely hear of brutal assaults like this one on police

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I was pretty full on condeming this officer, and I still think it needs an investigation and he needs to explain himself, but I can see a plausible defence there

I’m not sure what the defence is, if I’m honest. The aggressor seems to have already been tasered (body goes weird, but I don’t know if that’s what happened) and is prone on the floor before getting his head booted and then stamped on.

I’ve got no massive problem with “he got what was coming”, but I don’t see what the defence is for that specific police officer. He’s seen red mist - maybe understandably - and shouldn’t react like that. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

That’s just the nature of **** up publically in your job, no?

Police will face hostile situations regularly. They’re trained to deal with it. “Public being rocket polishers” would be news all the **** time so it just isn’t news… until the police officer messes up.

Just finally seen this extended footage of what happened.

There was always going to be more to it when you saw the other footage it was obvious it didn’t start there and police officers don’t often lose control to the extent that guy did without some extreme provocation which that clearly was.

What he did wasn’t excusable but now you’ve seen that it’s certainly understandable now.

The other guys in the footage will get some pretty heavy sentences for assaulting the police officer. The officer in question will probably get fired but no criminal action I would think.

4 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

The other guys in the footage will get some pretty heavy sentences for assaulting the police officer. The officer in question will probably get fired but no criminal action I would think.

He’s going to jail, nothing in the new bits of video change that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

He’s going to jail, nothing in the new bits of video change that.

I don't agree, I really don't think he will.

Looks like it was a busier day than we knew for them.

https://www.gmp.police.uk/news/greater-manchester/news/news/2024/july/gmp-opens-public-portal-in-appeal-for-further-information-about-events-leading-up-to-footage-filmed-in-manchester-airport-terminal-two/

Edited by foreveryoung

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

None of that is remotely relevant, none of that excuses a volley to the jaw and a stamp on the head of an already tazered subject on the floor.

There’s really not much difference between what happens here and Dalian Atkinsons unlawful killing except, the lad on the floor didn’t die.

There is no excuse for what happened, it is not proportionate, there is no threat from the subject at the time it happens. If there was continued threat the officer with the Tazer can re-energise it, he doesn’t because there is no need. This man should not be a police officer, certainly shouldn’t be carrying a fire arm and will end up with jail time. The Police have had access to this video from the off and the officer is under criminal investigation.

It’s not the Police's role to be judge and jury and deal out justice. Once the lad is under control from the tazer, the officers duty is to safeguard the now vulnerable target not what he did. The same also applies to what he did following that to the clearly compliant lad who was sat down with his hands behind his head. Nothing excuses that officers actions.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

None of that is remotely relevant, none of that excuses a volley to the jaw and a stamp on the head of an already tazered subject on the floor.

There’s really not much difference between what happens here and Dalian Atkinsons unlawful killing except, the lad on the floor didn’t die.

There is no excuse for what happened, it is not proportionate, there is no threat from the subject at the time it happens. If there was continued threat the officer with the Tazer can re-energise it, he doesn’t because there is no need. This man should not be a police officer, certainly shouldn’t be carrying a fire arm and will end up with jail time. The Police have had access to this video from the off and the officer is under criminal investigation.

It’s not the Police's role to be judge and jury and deal out justice. Once the lad is under control from the tazer, the officers duty is to safeguard the now vulnerable target not what he did. The same also applies to what he did following that to the clearly compliant lad who was sat down with his hands behind his head. Nothing excuses that officers actions.

I didn't try to justify the officers actions with the link, just posted for info.

He will certainly be in the shit for it, an a criminal prosecution may follow. But I cannot see him going to jail for it, unless under intense media/public pressure, like yourself.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I didn't try to justify the officers actions with the link, just posted for info.

He will certainly be in the shit for it, an a criminal prosecution may follow. But I cannot see him going to jail for it, unless under intense media/public pressure, like yourself.

Do you realise how the law works in this country? I'm really not sure you do

Anyone doing that to someone else would get jail time, a police officer will be treated more harshly because of their position in society and in the interests of public trust in the service. With added responsibility comes harsher punishment once the trust has been betrayed.

The media will have absolutely nothing to do with it but what the people sharing that video have done is make it harder to form an unbiased jury.

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He is more likely to go to prison and would serve more time than a civilian committing the same crime.  

If found guilty the officer has one thing on his side.  The sentencing guidelines specifically mention "excessive self defence" as being the lowest degree of culpability. The highest culpability involves pre-planned acts.  It clearly wasn't. 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Added details

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â