Police state or the state of policing

Gringo

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m not a policeman. 

It doesn’t matter what someone has done, a policeman has absolutely no justification to boot them in the face and stamp on their head when they’re completely incapacitated. Ever

Did you actually read my post? I didn’t say you were a policeman, and I very clearly said I agreed that there was no justification for his actions.

The two 'victims' are well known local charity workers! :D  I bet they are!

9 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Did you actually read my post? I didn’t say you were a policeman, and I very clearly said I agreed that there was no justification for his actions.

Yeah I did. My point was you immediately compared it to a scenario that I was hypothetically in. 

This is a policeman we’re talking about. They have to be better. It’s part of the job. 

So there’s no comparison to a hypothetical situation that I’m in 

• Like 2

That one policeman did still over step the mark when the suspect was on the floor but I now have zero sympathy for them. You don’t **** about in airports.  Bunch of thugs that got some of their own medicine . Case against police closed. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Having looked at the video it affirms quite nicely my already existing prejudices. If it didn’t I am pretty sure I could find a reason why it should. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

That is exactly what it is. He was no more there than you nor I. He has no special access to any information. Most of what your pal says was in the pulblic domain as speculation from the off.

Something happened on the plane involving the older lady. Something then happened when they landed in The terminal. The police got involved. The rest is simply rumour and heresay

Oh and given that GMPs response to this was to initially try to control the narrative around the female officer being assaulted including telling already proven false narratives, being a police officer and hearing rumours makes it even less reliable. GMP already have a history of telling porkies to cover up wrongdoing as evidence by the Baird Report released only last week. GMP have serious issues on a par with the Met

Daddy Chill!

I doubt we will here the full story now till it goes to court anyway. So any speculation I'd be all ears.

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That one policeman did still over step the mark when the suspect was on the floor but I now have zero sympathy for them. You don’t **** about in airports.  Bunch of thugs that got some of their own medicine . Case against police closed. 

Aww, everyone wanted them to be innocent bystanders.

Absolute scum fighting armed or any police officers like that.  Innocent chap sitting on the chair??  Very very lucky they didn't get shot!!

Edited by foreveryoung

Looks the the policeman who ended up doing the head kicking got a bit rough when going to restrain the one guy (started shoving his head), it all kicked off and the two brothers (i think) started swinging at everyone like feral scum.

Guessing the policeman had the red mist descend as he 1) let the one get away from him then 2) got dragged to the floor, but was saved by his colleague using a taser.

Basically, the 'victims' are words removed, as is the policeman, and all 3 should be getting done.

Edited by andym
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Literally nobody wanted that. Why are you always like this?

All the family made out they did, an the 'family solicitor'

Copper might get in trouble no doubt, but these guys are doing lots of time for that, an it'll be well deserved. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I did. My point was you immediately compared it to a scenario that I was hypothetically in. 

This is a policeman we’re talking about. They have to be better. It’s part of the job. 

So there’s no comparison to a hypothetical situation that I’m in 

Ah, okay. The example wasn't a comparison, it was a quick example to illustrate the fact that context is extremely important in the judicial system (especially so when you're talking about a policeman committing a crime).

Presumably you'd agree the incident would be way worse if the CCTV showed the policeman had carried out an unprovoked racist attack on the victim, rather than having lost his temper because the victim had just attacked and injured several police officers?

If so, then hopefully you understand what I mean when I say the prior events don't justify what happened, but they're still very important.

7 minutes ago, andym said:

Looks the the policeman who ended up doing the head kicking got a bit rough when going to restrain the one guy (started shoving his head), it all kicked off and the two brothers (i think) started swinging at everyone like feral scum.

Guessing the policeman had the red mist descend as he 1) let the one get away from him then 2) got dragged to the floor, but was saved by his colleague using a taser.

Basically, the 'victims' are words removed, as is the policeman, and all 3 should be getting done.

Agree and if they are we're all white British it would be as simple as that. Unfortunately they aren't so you see the differing opinions. Well done to the copper and alll that.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

You do wonder if the original video captured the earlier stuff but was cropped to put a bias on there which has played out so far?

Also if the policeman had pulled a weapon on shit the guy on the floor rather than stamping do you think he would be viewed differently.

39 minutes ago, Xela said:

The two 'victims' are well known local charity workers! :D  I bet they are!

He's a loving son and father, does alot for his local community 😂

4 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

You do wonder if the original video captured the earlier stuff but was cropped to put a bias on there which has played out so far?

Also if the policeman had pulled a weapon on shit the guy on the floor rather than stamping do you think he would be viewed differently.

@foreveryoung did question the cut of the video, and I was open to the idea it was selectively edited, but there is also I think the doubt that it just takes a few seconds for the owner of the phone to think "I should record this"

It certainly does explain the solicitor's refusal to talk about the circumstances though

I was pretty full on condeming this officer, and I still think it needs an investigation and he needs to explain himself, but I can see a plausible defence there

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Ah, okay. The example wasn't a comparison, it was a quick example to illustrate the fact that context is extremely important in the judicial system (especially so when you're talking about a policeman committing a crime).

Presumably you'd agree the incident would be way worse if the CCTV showed the policeman had carried out an unprovoked racist attack on the victim, rather than having lost his temper because the victim had just attacked and injured several police officers?

If so, then hopefully you understand what I mean when I say the prior events don't justify what happened, but they're still very important.

Yes that would make it even worse. But my point was no previous action by the guy on the floor justifies the actions from the police. 

• Like 2

If they did that to armed police in America they'd be toast before it even came to a head kick, US police would draw their firearm before a taser.

14 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Yes they did.  Just like the Police force there were some teachers that abused that power. 

You still haven't quoted any examples of powers that the Police have lost.  Trust me, you are going to struggle to find any.  The only ones I can think of are that they can't beat you as a form of punishment and undercover officers can't father children with the people they are investigating. 

The Police have more powers than ever before. It's just that they need to be accountable. 

Let me give you an example. 

The Police have always been able to place you under covert surveillance.  In the 1970s they would just go and do it.  They can still do it but they have to complete a form called a RIP1 (Regulation Investigatory Powers 1) before they start. This outlines the matter being investigated, purpose of the surveillance and methodology to be used.  All officers involved must read that form so that they know their limits.  

If an officer finds themselves in need of undertaking urgent surveillance they can obtain verbal authority and fill out the form later.  If it's even more urgent they can undertake the surveillance and fill out the form retrospectively at the first opportunity. 

At the end of the operation another form is completed (RIP4) outlining what was done and what was achieved. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/ripa-forms--2

You are right i have struggled to find anything to argue that point 😂

Ohbi do agree they should be held accountable i think my position needs clearing up - individual cases/individuals once we know all the details of course the police investigate and punishments should come

However at same time criticising the whole police force based on 1 or 2 incidents a year im not in favour of that. We have to be careful here - as we need more people to join the police force as we are massively under in this area.  Police in general are under such tough working conditions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yep put me in that camp as well  **** scum. Police did well up to the point of the stanp. They badly let themselves down and no excuses for the actions they took after.

But they clearly didnt do this for no reason. Their emotions took over. But those scumbags getting no sympathy from me.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â