Police state or the state of policing

Gringo

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So what! 

When has a forum been a place for actual facts. I thought it was a place for discussion.

Intelligent debate and discussion generally uses facts as the basis of any argument

Who cares about facts anyway, can’t be letting pesky things like the truth getting in the way of wild speculation and other horseshit now can we

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

can’t be letting pesky things like the truth getting in the way of wild speculation and other horseshit now can we

Have you seen the summer transfer thread?!

Just now, Xela said:

Have you seen the summer transfer thread?!

Yeah we invented the zoo of bollocks to keep it all in one place :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

It's a bit sketchy, but I heard off my pal last night whos an AR officer (please don't quote me on it as fact, as I know how VT works). There was apparently an argument on the aircraft or in the baggage area prior to this incident with the mother, may have been physical like a barge from a random guy. The mother pointed the guy out to some family members who were collecting them from the carpark. The family members jumped a security barrier and kicked off with this guy, the police turned up, an all hell broke loose, with the perpertrators resisting arrest, possibly causing the broken nose on one of the officers.

Apart from trying to seriously injure someone (the head kick). Armed police can, a will use extreme force to stop an incident as quick as possible in an airport.

This actually sounds possible as on a few of the videos you can hear the guy recording saying the guy arrested is his driver

Anyway that aside, you not in London today mate ? 😉 

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Intelligent debate and discussion generally uses facts as the basis of any argument

Who cares about facts anyway, can’t be letting pesky things like the truth getting in the way of wild speculation and other horseshit now can we

It's what I heard off my pal who works as a AR officer, it's hardly wild speculation. 

Your the only one it worries anyway, so I'll carry for people who wanna know.

Edited by foreveryoung

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Yeah we invented the zoo of bollocks to keep it all in one place :D 

I think thats entrapment! :) 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

It's a bit sketchy, but I heard off my pal last night whos an AR officer (please don't quote me on it as fact, as I know how VT works). There was apparently an argument on the aircraft or in the baggage area prior to this incident with the mother, may have been physical like a barge from a random guy. The mother pointed the guy out to some family members who were collecting them from the carpark. The family members jumped a security barrier and kicked off with this guy, the police turned up, an all hell broke loose, with the perpertrators resisting arrest, possibly causing the broken nose on one of the officers.

Apart from trying to seriously injure someone (the head kick). Armed police can, a will use extreme force to stop an incident as quick as possible in an airport.

I’d bet my mortgage on this being complete bollocks

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

t's what I heard off my pal who works as a AR officer, it's hardly wild speculation. 

That is exactly what it is. He was no more there than you nor I. He has no special access to any information. Most of what your pal says was in the pulblic domain as speculation from the off.

Something happened on the plane involving the older lady. Something then happened when they landed in The terminal. The police got involved. The rest is simply rumour and heresay

Oh and given that GMPs response to this was to initially try to control the narrative around the female officer being assaulted including telling already proven false narratives, being a police officer and hearing rumours makes it even less reliable. GMP already have a history of telling porkies to cover up wrongdoing as evidence by the Baird Report released only last week. GMP have serious issues on a par with the Met

7 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

... an argument on the aircraft or in the baggage area prior ...

At this point, I am having a hard time taking what follows as gospel.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Police should of kicked his head harder, Woman Beater! 

Explains the anger from the officer. Still can't be excused as it's job to not let emotions get the better of him. Especially if he firearms police !

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It really doesn’t matter what he did. Despite the fact he appears to be a complete scumbag, nothing excuses the conduct of the policeman 

It doesn’t justify it, but it does still matter, right?

If you shoot someone because they broke into your house we’re trying to nick your TV, it’s not justified. But it’s still a mitigating circumstance - you would be scared and angry. You’ll get less of a sentence than if you shot your wife in cold blood to collect a life insurance payout.

I’m a bit happier to know that the policeman was reacting to some guy going psycho and attacking multiple police officers (seemingly for no reason), rather than just doing it because he was a sadist who liked hurting people unprovoked. He should still lose his job and be prosecuted for it, but I at least understand his thought process on a human level.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

If you shoot someone because they broke into your house we’re trying to nick your TV, it’s not justified. But it’s still a mitigating circumstance - you would be scared and angry. You’ll get less of a sentence than if you shot your wife in cold blood to collect a life insurance payout.

I’m a bit happier to know that the policeman was reacting to some guy going psycho and attacking multiple police officers (seemingly for no reason), rather than just doing it because he was a sadist who liked hurting people unprovoked. He should still lose his job and be prosecuted for it, but I at least understand his thought process on a human level.

Yeh that's fair. I always thought something bad must have happened for the policeman to want to hurt the guy like that but my suspicions were it was due to the old lady getting hurt first. Doesn't seem that way from the cctv.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I’m not a policeman. 

It doesn’t matter what someone has done, a policeman has absolutely no justification to boot them in the face and stamp on their head when they’re completely incapacitated. Ever

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â