Police state or the state of policing

Gringo

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hope you're right mate. I think I got sucked in to the Twitter cesspit.

Oh yeah I’ve read a few comments on some of the videos and it’s crazy . 

6 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I wasn't aware of that, thanks for giving me the detail. If the police did hurt his mother then what followed truly is abhorrent.

This is what the defendants have apparently claimed. It could be bullshit but would explain how a person could be stupid enough to assault an armed officer if that is what happened. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

One of the first reports stated something along the lines of "armed officers feared their firearms were being taken from them".  

I immediately thought this was the standard bullish!t excuse to justify excessive force. 

I doubt that defence will be used now that the video evidence has emerged.  

The Police have a difficult job and the vast majority are good people. 

But I have to question why this particular officer wasn't arrested as soon as a senior officer viewed the footage. Regardless of what the subsequent investigation reveals, there are clear grounds to suspect a serious offence has taken place. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The police messed up regardless of the reasons behind it. I think we can all agree on that. I find it more amusing how obvious is it you're defending the police because of  who the victims were but just cant admit it. It's ok 'sweety'. We're all entitled to our opinions. I'm not judging.

You should be a bent copper If you've come to that conclusion. 🤣

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You should be a bent copper If you've come to that conclusion. 🤣

It's assumptions on top of assumptions. Try going into a crime stricken neighbourhood, where young kids nonchalantly ride through on illegal conveyances, wearing balaclavas instead of helmets. Where Mothers are fearful to let their kids play out, lest they get hit by a speeding car that's racing. Try telling those residents the police need to be less aggressive. 

For them, the Police aren't even visible. 

• Like 1

Not excusing thia behaviour at all as its wrong and thuggery.  But generally police have such a tough job. Im geberally happy with most of the policing over here tbh its just ashame its take one shitty episode like this and the whole policing debate comes up.

There are more than good than bad thankfully 

• Like 1

I thought I recognised their solicitor, it's the TikTok lawyer that stood for West Midlands Major and Ladywood MP.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not excusing thia behaviour at all as its wrong and thuggery.  But generally police have such a tough job. Im geberally happy with most of the policing over here tbh its just ashame its take one shitty episode like this and the whole policing debate comes up.

There are more than good than bad thankfully 

It isn’t one shitty episode though.

Dalian. Child Q. The WhatsApp messages regarding the Nottingham murders and the murders of Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman. The behaviour around the strip search of Dr Konstancja Duff. The handling of the Sarah Everard vigil (I’ll be kind and not include the Everard case itself).

These are just instances I can recall off the top of my head. They do have a hard job, agreed, there are more good than bad, agreed. But one instance of failing to meet standards, it ain’t.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's assumptions on top of assumptions. Try going into a crime stricken neighbourhood, where young kids nonchalantly ride through on illegal conveyances, wearing balaclavas instead of helmets. Where Mothers are fearful to let their kids play out, lest they get hit by a speeding car that's racing. Try telling those residents the police need to be less aggressive. 

Where did I say police need to be less aggressive ?

My assumption on top of assumption was that @foreveryoungfeels the police were justified in what they did because of who the victims were.

I didn't mention the aggression of the police at all so I'm not sure what your point is.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My assumption on top of assumption was that @foreveryoungfeels the police were justified in what they did because of who the victims were.

I didn't mention the aggression of the police at all so I'm not sure what your point is.

Where did I mention You? Although, if the cap fits.

31 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

This is basically a textbook false dichotomy. The police being absent, having basically given up on neighborhood policing is a big problem. It's a perfectly sensible view that we should have more community police patrols, and that they should also not be overly aggressive thugs.

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Where did I mention You? Although, if the cap fits.

You responded to a post that was a clear response to me so just seemed that way. My bad.

Still don't get how kicking and stamping a restrained lad in the head is relevant to lack of police or police being shown no respect.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are you literally saying I said it was justified because they were Muslim???

Get me that family lawyers phone number please. He's sure to take this one too 😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I actually thought maybe it's because they had brown skin but I guess the religion is very relevant too I guess as not all of them are bad.

I've already said its far from justified,  whether green, brown, white, black, I'll add religion too just for you.

We all await the full story.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is basically a textbook false dichotomy. The police being absent, having basically given up on neighborhood policing is a big problem. It's a perfectly sensible view that we should have more community police patrols, and that they should also not be overly aggressive thugs.

Come and tell that to the residents in my manor. "A textbook false dichotomy". Please!!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It isn’t one shitty episode though.

Dalian. Child Q. The WhatsApp messages regarding the Nottingham murders and the murders of Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman. The behaviour around the strip search of Dr Konstancja Duff. The handling of the Sarah Everard vigil (I’ll be kind and not include the Everard case itself).

These are just instances I can recall off the top of my head. They do have a hard job, agreed, there are more good than bad, agreed. But one instance of failing to meet standards, it ain’t.

Yeah but dalian was years ago mate. Im simply saying im glad these episodes are rarely happening unlike other countries.

Im certainly not excusing any of the behaviour those cases you highlighted above. But i know police have a very difficult role

59 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Although i agree more community police - who the hell would want to be a police man or woman? Crap pay,  not many people respect them (notably the teenagers) and we are soft how we police

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And we are soft how we police

I agree on pay, and conditions (and you won't be surprised to hear me lay a lot of that at the Tories door), but what does this actually mean?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â