Police state or the state of policing

Gringo

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

He'll end up in jail

I see he has now been suspended, probably due to that protest outside the police station.

I doubt he'll be jailed.

If he's punched a female officer square in the nose and broke it then he deserves what happened to him after. 

Still shouldn't have happened though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I see he has now been suspended, probably due to that protest outside the police station.

I doubt he'll be jailed.

The protest outside the police station will have had nothing to do with it

He'll end up in jail.

Yup, he should be locked up.

It doesn't matter what was happening 10 seconds before, he's on the floor, being tased, and is absolutely no threat. There's no defence for that, and it's more luck than judgement that it's  probably going to be just a GBH charge when it could easily have been manslaughter.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bobzy said:

"A police officer has been suspended after a video circulated online of a man being kicked and stamped on the head at Manchester Airport.
Greater Manchester Police confirmed an officer had been removed from all duties after a “thorough review of further information” of the incident, which took place on Tuesday."

(Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjqep1ew419o - includes video for those curious)

Doesn't sound like no further action.  He'll be in a lot of bother - and rightly so.

This is a shortened video. The same officer goes on to attack another person who also wasn't a threat, longer video here:

This version has sound, and is obviously a bit graphic

Edited by Davkaus
  • Thanks 1

tbh even if he could have faintly tried to justify the head kick and stomp , the fact he then goes on to attack a  second person who is already compliant , tells you that the officer was on tilt and out of control 

At the end of the video a female officer then gives him another knee in the back as he tries to get up , maybe that's standard practise ? but it could  possibly point to the armed police didn't know what situation they were responding  to  and wanted to be sure the person wasn't reaching for a weapon or device ? An officer was stabbed to death in Germany the other month where arguably police didn't act decisively ... maybe that was their reasoning , its easier to look back the day after at phone footage and know they were wrong , but maybe in the heat of battle they felt their actions were correct 

That reminds me of a clip I saw while at work in Norway a few month's back, which is being taken to the supreme court for a ruling (the officer was sentenced in lower courts for battery and assault).

This animal also goes after an innocent bystander with a telescope baton. And even when the guy isn't resisting at the start, he hits him 14 times in the back of the head, and then when he resists likely due to adrenaline and fight or flight he strikes him in the face with a baton.

Some police seem to join the force just so they can be bullies to people who are face down on the ground.

From my own experience, get a lawyer, go hard after everyone there. The officer's coworkers are also to blame for not stopping him. It's gross misconduct.

Edited by magnkarl

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

tbh even if he could have faintly tried to justify the head kick and stomp , the fact he then goes on to attack a  second person who is already compliant , tells you that the officer was on tilt and out of control 

At the end of the video a female officer then gives him another knee in the back as he tries to get up , maybe that's standard practise ? but it could  possibly point to the armed police didn't know what situation they were responding  to  and wanted to be sure the person wasn't reaching for a weapon or device ? An officer was stabbed to death in Germany the other month where arguably police didn't act decisively ... maybe that was their reasoning , its easier to look back the day after at phone footage and know they were wrong , but maybe in the heat of battle they felt their actions were correct 

If the guy lying down had started to get up or flail his arms around aggressively, I could then see the reason for stopping him physically - not kicking or stamping him, admittedly - but some form of strong restraint.

Turning his head does not warrant that response.

And if there’s a need to act decisively, I don’t see why he’s holding a taser gun if he’s not going to use it and instead kick him and stamp on him.

If he used the gun, like he was clearly prepared to do, hence why it was drawn, this would not be getting anywhere near the same coverage.

I don’t believe it takes the power of hindsight to say “D’yer know what, kicking a guy who’s lying down, in the face and stamping on his head…probably not advisable.”

Edited by Mark Albrighton

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

This is a shortened video. The same officer goes on to attack another person who also wasn't a threat, longer video here:

This version has sound, and is obviously a bit graphic

Bloody hell the comments on this twitter thread, X is the absolute filthiest place on the planet.

another video shows one of the airport workers telling a member of the public  "they are airport police , they are a bunch of dicks " 

You gotta love the people who get out there phones to video any incident with a running commentary.

Reminds me of those dicks who watch football or a concert through their phones. 

Just now, bickster said:

If people didn’t video this, there’d be no evidence

Im sure there would be cctv evidence and witnesses, for these dick head criminals to take the police to court for their compensation. 

The police might have done wrong here, but let's not forget the lads on the ground aren't the good guys either.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Im sure there would be cctv evidence and witnesses, for these dick head criminals to take the police to court for their compensation. 

The police might have done wrong here, but let's not forget the lads on the ground aren't the good guys either.

How about the guy sitting with his hands over his head on a bench doing absolutely nothing getting stomped to the knee and pushed to the ground?

The whole gaggle of police here should be looked at. How do they let their bully of a colleague behave like this without stepping in? It's their job.

Sue the lot of them, the only thing that works with police is bad press and filming them.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

How about the guy sitting with his hands over his head on a bench doing absolutely nothing getting stomped to the knee and pushed to the ground?

The whole gaggle of police here should be looked at. How do they let their bully of a colleague behave like this without stepping in? It's their job.

Sue the lot of them, the only thing that works with police is bad press and filming them.

I'm not condoning it at all, looks more tan excessive to say the least. 

But I do worry even 16 year old kids aren't scared of the police anymore as they can hardly do **** all these days. We are probably the weakest in Europe. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

as they can hardly do **** all these days

You don't even realise you are arguing with yourself do you?

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

If people didn’t video this, there’d be no evidence

meh this is the internet we don't need evidence  , we've already made our minds up 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

tbf he was told to get down and given at lest a nano second to comply before he was kicked to the ground  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â