Police state or the state of policing

Gringo

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Remember you can hardly touch armed officers

What is this nonsense. Its far more likely that the officers initiated any bodily contact than the other way around being as they were responding to an ongoing incident.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I suppose it can be difficult to resist the urge to start on an armed officer when coming back from holiday. 

There really are some sweeties on here. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

whilst with a kick you can volley someone's jaw right off. 

Paging LeeMond

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There really are some sweeties on here. 😂

The police messed up regardless of the reasons behind it. I think we can all agree on that. I find it more amusing how obvious is it you're defending the police because of  who the victims were but just cant admit it. It's ok 'sweety'. We're all entitled to our opinions. I'm not judging.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair if this was a white person involved there would probably be more of an outcry.

Don’t talk wet .A lad I know his old man is still fighting in court to get the police done after they used excessive force when they didn’t need to and he ended up with brain damage. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

25 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Don’t talk wet .A lad I know his old man is still fighting in court to get the police done after they used excessive force when they didn’t need to and he ended up with brain damage. 

Talk wet? 🤣 

sorry to hear that but was the incident caught on camera and all over social media? If it was i wonder how many people would have said he deserved it. Thats my point about the outcry. Not the media coverage but the reactions to it. 

Maybe I used the wrong word.

• Like 1

I did riot training as part of my tour of Northern Ireland, and from that I believe that whatever the provocation there was no need for the kick or the stamp. The victim was no threat to anyone at the point they were cuffed, immobilized, and face down on the ground. The police are bang to rights here. But saying that, I would have limited sympathy for the victim if it turns out he was an agitator and had also committed violent acts to other members of the police prior to the kick.

Then you've got the emotional aspect of it too. The officer that did this will have likely know all three officers injured and may have even been close with one of them. I don't excuse or condone it at all, but I can understand lashing out if that is what happened. But they still need to be heavily punished for it, it's a criminal offence in and of itself.

There's another part of this that needs investigating also, the continual goading of the police. Why do people do it? How do people expect the police to behave when you've got idiots of all races and religions throwing abuse at them and shouting "I know my rights" when the police finally take action against them?

• Like 4

For all the “what’s been said on Twitter” comment, I’ve just had a look on a British police subreddit which purports to have “verified” police officers/detectives among those commenting. The community there is, unsurprisingly, pro boys in blue.

However on this particular incident, I genuinely struggle to see anyone there say the officer was, or could be, in the right, and they’re saying even with context, its would be extremely difficult to justify that action (which doesn’t massively surprise me nor will it surprise the majority on here).

A number seem annoyed/saddened that thousands of pounds of training were lost in a matter of seconds.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

More information is needed about the alleged attack on 3 officers which caused the scene. 

All this would do is reinforce that it was revenge. It wouldn’t add anything to the conversation. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I did riot training as part of my tour of Northern Ireland, and from that I believe that whatever the provocation there was no need for the kick or the stamp. The victim was no threat to anyone at the point they were cuffed, immobilized, and face down on the ground. The police are bang to rights here. But saying that, I would have limited sympathy for the victim if it turns out he was an agitator and had also committed violent acts to other members of the police prior to the kick.

Then you've got the emotional aspect of it too. The officer that did this will have likely know all three officers injured and may have even been close with one of them. I don't excuse or condone it at all, but I can understand lashing out if that is what happened. But they still need to be heavily punished for it, it's a criminal offence in and of itself.

There's another part of this that needs investigating also, the continual goading of the police. Why do people do it? How do people expect the police to behave when you've got idiots of all races and religions throwing abuse at them and shouting "I know my rights" when the police finally take action against them?

Very good post however regarding the part in bold. If an officer that is trained to avoid emotion became overcome by seeing his colleagues hurt then how would a young lad feel and react to see his elderly mother hurt? This is what allegedly happened when the police first confronted the lads.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Talk wet? 🤣 

sorry to hear that but was the incident caught on camera and all over social media? If it was i wonder how many people would have said he deserved it. Thats my point about the outcry. Not the media coverage but the reactions to it. 

Maybe I used the wrong word.

Well the only people I know that are saying he deserved it are the culprits from Reform and some of their unsavoury followers. I think there is genuine disgust from your average joe. It’s a brutal attack which I’ve shared my opinion on and my opinion shall remain until we find out more on what happened in the minutes leading up to this incident. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Would it be usual for them to be released the next day if they had been charged with anything?

It depends. 

People who are not seen as a threat to the community, are unlikely to flee and will not tamper with witnesses are given unconditional bail or conditional bail. 

Most people are released.  

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

All this would do is reinforce that it was revenge. It wouldn’t add anything to the conversation. 

I see what you’re saying but all details are needed surely?  

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well the only people I know that are saying he deserved it are the culprits from Reform and some of their unsavoury followers. I think there is genuine disgust from your average joe. It’s a brutal attack which I’ve shared my opinion on and my opinion shall remain until we find out more on what happened in the minutes leading up to this incident. 

Hope you're right mate. I think I got sucked in to the Twitter cesspit.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Very good post however regarding the part in bold. If an officer that is trained to avoid emotion became overcome by seeing his colleagues hurt then how would a young lad feel and react to see his elderly mother hurt? This is what allegedly happened when the police first confronted the lads.

I wasn't aware of that, thanks for giving me the detail. If the police did hurt his mother then what followed truly is abhorrent.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â