Police state or the state of policing

Gringo

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You know these sort of comments cause problems, like your looking for it. Possibly belong on twitter.

It's being hugely condemned. There's a little bit of support for the police possibly, although not much for the perpetratorr, just because the victims certainly are not innocent in all this. But I'm sure it would be exactly the same if white, black, green, brown. 

Armed police being attacked in an airport? We are extremely lucky we are not looking at something a whole lot worse, a the families should be reminded of this.

Not sure what you mean ?

Also still no proof of armed police being attacked as far as I'm aware. 

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The MPs I see defending it are Reform UK 

I know but then how many million people do they represent? Would all these people still be defending it if they were white British?

• Like 1

The Police officer used deadly force against a man lying on the floor.  That would only be justified if the officer thought he was a suicide bomber with an immediate intention to detonate a bomb.  

If it transpires that threats were made to explode a device or the Police show that they had information that he was a suicide bomber then the officer was in the right.  Although he really should have shot him in the head much sooner if that was the case. 

Otherwise, I hope the officer is arrested and charged with GBH (as a minimum).

The only legal defence I can see is above.  Unless that applies the stressful situation he faced is mitigation and not a defence. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The tragedy of Lee Anderson's political career is that he might genuinely think he represents the majority, because he goes around, speaks to lots of people, and this is what he hears. But if you're not a complete **** idiot, why would you waste 30 seconds of your life speaking to Lee **** Anderson? 

But we live in a democracy, and words removed get representation too, especially when they're so concentrated as they are in Ashfield.

I mean, that whole area... you could almost draw a box around the area encompassing Alfreton, Chesterfield, Worksop, Retford, Lincoln, Newark and back across (with Mansfield, Ashfield, Bilsthorpe etc in the middle)... it's like an entire area full of Lee Andersons*.  Proper working class, mining, "**** the foreigners" territory.

* - obviously not everyone; got some good friends up in Mansfield.

Edited by bobzy

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I just saw the video and was appalled, and can't agree with this. A punch in the nose is one (awful) thing, but stamping on someone's head while they're on the ground is pushing the boundaries of attempted murder honestly. I think the person has been confirmed to have a cyst on their brain now too. When I saw the kick I was like damn, but the stamp made me audibly gasp. With some thick ass boots by the looks of it too. 

Yeah, this is the thing for me.  The kick to the head is violent, but maybe the guy was instructed to stay on the ground and not move... he moves his head (I mean, what's he going to do? :D) so the police officer gives him a boot as if to say "I SAID STAY STILL".

But that stamp.  Wow.  As I posted before, it's so **** grim.  It's a proper go at leaving someone either dead or with some horrific injuries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

You know these sort of comments cause problems, like your looking for it. Possibly belong on twitter.

It's being hugely condemned. There's a little bit of support for the police possibly, although not much for the perpetratorr, just because the victims certainly are not innocent in all this. But I'm sure it would be exactly the same if white, black, green, brown. 

Armed police being attacked in a airport? We are extremely lucky we are not looking at something a whole lot worse, an the families should be reminded of this.

Where's the evidence that armed police were being attacked?

This seems like the same rumour that said the victim was a murder suspect trying to flee the country 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, this is the thing for me.  The kick to the head is violent, but maybe the guy was instructed to stay on the ground and not move... he moves his head (I mean, what's he going to do? :D) so the police officer gives him a boot as if to say "I SAID STAY STILL".

But that stamp.  Wow.  As I posted before, it's so **** grim.  It's a proper go at leaving someone either dead or with some horrific injuries.

It seems quite fortunate that the stamp kind of missed. If he'd planted his foot fully on his head with that force I dread to think the injury that would cause. 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know but then how many million people do they represent? Would all these people still be defending it if they were white British?

we all know the answer to this

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Where's the evidence that armed police were being attacked?

This seems like the same rumour that said the victim was a murder suspect trying to flee the country 

It could be a lie, but you'd hope the police aren't just completely lying.  They've stated that there was a fight, they went to arrest someone and there was then a subsequent attack on the officers involved leading 3 needing hospital treatment, one with a broken nose.

Aside from the history of police as a whole (:D), it wouldn't make sense to lie about so many events here, really.  It also does rationalise you see what happens afterwards; and you'd hope (again, makes sense) that one officer has seen the red mist descend after being hit and/or seeing his colleagues being hit.  It doesn't mean he can stamp on someones' head, of course.

Edited by bobzy

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It could be a lie, but you'd hope the police aren't just completely lying.  They've stated that there was a fight, they went to arrest someone and there was then a subsequent attack on the officers involved leading 3 needing hospital treatment, one with a broken nose.

Aside from the history of police as a whole (:D), it wouldn't make sense to lie about so many events here, really.  It also does rationalise you see what happens afterwards; and you'd hope (again, makes sense) that one officer has seen the red mist descend after being hit and/or seeing his colleagues being hit.  It doesn't mean he can stamp on someones' head, of course.

Oh I believe the female officer was hurt in the whole thing. But was she armed police? 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Oh I believe the female officer was hurt in the whole thing. But was she armed police? 

Does it matter?  She may not be, the others may be.  Armed police at an airport are fairly common place.

Am I the only one who thinks you can do more damage with a kick than a stamp? It always seems that stamping is the highest escalation.

Honestly, I think there's only so much force you can generate lifting your leg up and hitting someone's head to the ground , whilst with a kick you can volley someone's jaw right off. 

Just my 2 cents!

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Does it matter?  She may not be, the others may be.  Armed police at an airport are fairly common place.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting it but it seems to be an extra layer of they deserved it because they had the stupidity to attack armed police. 

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Am I the only one who thinks you can do more damage with a kick than a stamp? It always seems that stamping is the highest escalation.

Honestly, I think there's only so much force you can generate lifting your leg up and hitting someone's head to the ground , whilst with a kick you can volley someone's jaw right off. 

Just my 2 cents!

Depends. Have you seen American History X? 😬

Just now, DCJonah said:

Maybe I'm misinterpreting it but it seems to be an extra layer of they deserved it because they had the stupidity to attack armed police. 

I'm hearing this as well. Like they went up to the armed police and assaulted them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don’t know details, but I imagine it could well be (again, assuming police haven’t just lied)…

A fight breaks out, the airport police (some of who happen to be armed), move in to break it up/arrest someone.

Following this, the people involved attack the police to avoid arrest and try to get away. They make some hits, break the nose of one officer, and then get overpowered with one man pinned to the floor and kicked/stamped.

I don’t think it’s a case of a group just randomly goading and attacking armed police. 

We need the police, lawlessness is not a great option. But bloody hell, they need supervising because time and time again its rediscovered that there is an element within the police that love the uniform and love the authority and get a bit pumped when they interact with the public.

.I’ve been lucky enough to have very little to do with the police through my life, but from that limited experience I know they can be lazy, they can lie, and they can get things very wrong. Just like anyone else. It’s the cover stories that so often expose the crude attempt at covering up an over reaction. Like a panic reaction, make something up quickly. You’d imagine of all people, the police would understand how quickly that can unravel.

From injured officers at miner’s strikes (later evidence showed injuries to include bee stings and heat stroke), to far more serious stuff.

We need the police and we need a really robust system to stop the police thinking they are the law.

It’s pointless having too strong an opinion on any one incident without all the context, but its bloody difficult to see what context could justify that brutality.

• Like 3

We've got so much speculation, about half of which must be incorrect that it's impossible to come to a real conclusion really.

The truth is somewhere between that the guy on the floor has deliberately broken the nose of a police officer, to him being an innocent bystander that got the shit kicked out of him before being released without charge.

Meanwhile his solicitor is claiming it was an attempted assassination, so the police officer must have sighed with release that the opposing legal effort is lead by an absolute idiot.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

What he does with the second man isn’t particularly great either. The guy seems compliant, for the vast majority of the time he has his hands on his head, occasionally pointing at something in concern, but remaining seated.

Then he gets on his knees, hands still on his head and the officer again stamps/kicks the guy around the lower torso/thigh area and then appears to punch him while he’s on the ground.

I know there’s a necessity to “show who’s in charge” of a situation. And that may require a bit of physicality. Fine. But if the man has agreed to be seated with his hands on his head and then agreed to get on his knees, is it completely necessary to kick him and punch him to ensure he lies down? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â