Police state or the state of policing

Gringo

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

tbf he was told to get down and given at lest a nano second to comply before he was kicked to the ground  

And then pistol whipped, which I'm sure must be a home office approved de-escalation technique :D

57 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Im sure there would be cctv evidence and witnesses, for these dick head criminals to take the police to court for their compensation. 

The police might have done wrong here, but let's not forget the lads on the ground aren't the good guys either.

How do you know this? They've just come back from their holiday with family it seems.  I've seen no evidence of a police officer attacked either.  

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

But I do worry even 16 year old kids aren't scared of the police anymore as they can hardly do **** all these days.

In some instances you're right, but on this occasion, the officer had already drawn a taser and they were supposedly armed police.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How do you know this? They've just come back from their holiday with family it seems.  I've seen no evidence of a police officer attacked either.  

The GMP have claimed 3 of their officers were assaulted, and while I usually take police statements with a big pinch of salt, the female police officer has blood pissing all over the floor from her nose

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The GMP have claimed 3 of their officers were assaulted, and while I usually take police statements with a big pinch of salt, the female police officer has blood pissing all over the floor from her nose

Fair enough but I wonder if it was assaulted or assisting arrest. People get injured during these scuffles.  I have heard the old lady in the videos which is apparently one of the lads mother also got hit during the melee. That wouldn't have helped the situation at all.

36 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

In some instances you're right, but on this occasion, the officer had already drawn a taser and they were supposedly armed police.

Why taser when you can get all your pent up roid-rage out on some random dude on a bench who had nothing to do with it and kick the 'perp' twice to the head when he's face down?

By all standards this is two counts of first degree battery with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, even if his colleague bled from her nose. There's something with this guy's posture too, it looks like he thinks he's some sort of special ops character, walking like his nuts are on fire.

Edited by magnkarl

CNN showing the aftermath when some constable is pointing a gun or taser at some people up against a wall who have their hands up, and then asking his colleague to pepperspray them, and then they precede to try to deck them for no reason when they've already submitted. 

23 Great Job Memes - Good job! Expert level.

18 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Why taser when you can get all your pent up roid-rage out on some random dude on a bench who had nothing to do with it and kick the 'perp' twice to the head when he's face down?

To add injury to injury, it's been reported that the reason he was on the floor is he'd just been tased, so was basically just laying down recovering when The Punisher decided to enforce his own style of justice.

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Might know those Reform rocket polishers would get involved...

Not sure the lads dad will be so understanding… and he is actually a Greater Manchester Police Officer.

Edit: Alternate sources saying the family police officer may be his brother not father

Is there anything more to the idea that there's a racial element to this than "there's institutional racism in the police, and this man was Asian and the officer was white, QED"?

I'm feeling a bit baffled that it's being turned into a racially motivated incident, and can't see any justification for it

Meanwhile, another force has canvassed hundreds of houses and spoke to dozens of witnesses to build a case against the officer that rammed a cow.

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Is there anything more to the idea that there's a racial element to this than "there's institutional racism in the police, and this man was Asian and the officer was white, QED"?

I'm feeling a bit baffled that it's being turned into a racially motivated incident, and can't see any justification for it

It'll be played ofcourse, but it would have been exactly the same if it was a white yellow green blue guy I'm sure. All I know is, whoever you are, you do not f*** about in a airport with Armed police, they can certainly use more force, although obviously not to this extent. 

Everyone knows the seriousness of it too. Which is also why I feel there was no need for the Muslin community to protest outside the police station. I noticed the family solicitor on the news earlier also making his statement. 

There's also a bigger story to this. The video has just been edited, by friiends/family of the suspects, to show the police using excessive force, not the build up. So even though the copper in question will get in trouble for this, probably lose his job at least. I'm unsure how the 'family' solicitor can start making statments without the facts.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

It'll be played ofcourse, but it would have been exactly the same if it was a white yellow green blue guy I'm sure. All I know is, whoever you are, you do not f*** about in a airport with Armed police, they can certainly use more force, although obviously not to this extent. 

Everyone knows the seriousness of it too. Which is also why I feel there was no need for the Muslin community to protest outside the police station. I noticed the family solicitor on the news earlier also making his statement. 

There's also a bigger story to this. The video has just been edited, by friiends/family of the suspects, to show the police using excessive force, not the build up. So even though the copper in question will get in trouble for this, probably lose his job at least. I'm unsure how the 'family' solicitor can start making statments without the facts.

To be fair the victim must have been a bit cloth eared. 

6 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

You gotta love the people who get out there phones to video any incident with a running commentary.

6 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Im sure there would be cctv evidence and witnesses, for these dick head criminals to take the police to court for their compensation. 

Just for your amusement, the GMP are appealing for more video footage from who was around the incident to help fill in the gaps... :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's obviously not the complete incident, though I think there's a reasonable chance that they just only thought 'shit I should record this' once the tasing started. Could also be deliberate, I'll grant you, hard to say.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Just for your amusement, the GMP are appealing for more video footage from who was around the incident to help fill in the gaps... :D 

and the female PC saying stop kicking him they are filming it…

• Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â