Cameron Archer

Zatman

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

Wish him the best of luck at Soton.

Unless it's against us, then he can **** right off and have a nightmare game.

He’s not very good so he was always going to be sold given we didn’t even want him back. 

Wish him the best, but he’s probably a championship striker

• Like 1

Shame to see him go, as I always wanted him to do well. I think if Duran had been sold, he'd have stayed... until Jan at least.

Hope he has a great career.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

The rule is a player can only play for 2 clubs in the same season. So if a player played for us in August, was sold, then played for new team and they wanted to sell him in Jan it wouldn't be possible

There's also a three teams in a year rule confusingly.

Remarkable if Saints have paid £15m for him. Not quite as remarkable as £15m for Ings, but up there.

I think he has ability but doesn't want to push himself and develop parts of his game that he's short in...or Emery doesn't think we can wait around while he does.

Congratulations on your goals against us this and last season.

He'd have bitten your arm off for a championship football career when struggling on loan at Solihull Moors at 19.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Remarkable if Saints have paid £15m for him. Not quite as remarkable as £15m for Ings, but up there.

I think he has ability but doesn't want to push himself and develop parts of his game that he's short in...or Emery doesn't think we can wait around while he does.

Congratulations on your goals against us this and last season.

He'd have bitten your arm off for a championship football career when struggling on loan at Solihull Moors at 19.

I dont think Unai rates his all round game and not sure scope to develop in our current position. For all his weirdness Unai definitely had more trust in Duran which I think says it all

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

I’d love to know whether we bought him back for £9m or £14m. 

Sold for £9m, bought back for £9m, then sold for £15m is great business. 

Sold for £9m, bought back for £14m, then sold for £15m is ok but not great. 

Sold for £19mil, bought back for £14mil, sold for £15mil - £6mil in the coffers but two sales on the books for PSR and an amortised purchase. He's a cheat code for helping get by the rules. 

Another full season in the PL with a better team than he had been with previously, albeit one that is likely to go down too. It will be nice for him to settle down at a club for a couple of years and he will score goals for them. Good luck down there Cameron. 👍

Fee Southampton Paying Aston Villa For ... 

Edited by John

9 hours ago, John said:

Another full season in the PL with a better team than he had been with previously, albeit one that is likely to go down too. It will be nice for him to settle down at a club for a couple of years and he will score goals for them. Good luck down there Cameron. 👍

Fee Southampton Paying Aston Villa For ... 

Sheffield United are probably better than Southampton are now

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I wouldn't agree with that. I think the Saints are a good footballing team who lack goals. This could be the making of him.

He's better than Che Adams anyway!

Southampton are better than Sheffield United were last season, who weren't just poor, they were one of the worst teams in Premier League history, The Saints won't be that bad, I wouldn't rule them out surviving. Sheffield United were so bad that they themselves are better now than they were last season, despite now being a Championhip team. Archer can do well, I don't think it's beyond the realms of possiblity that he gets double figures, his goals to minutes ratio at Sheffield United wasn't actually that bad, and again that's in one of the worst ever PL teams, with more minutes and in a better team, chances are he will get more goals

6 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I wouldn't agree with that. I think the Saints are a good footballing team who lack goals. This could be the making of him.

He's better than Che Adams anyway!

Archer is not a striker you can play alone up top

Doesn't hold the ball up and his link up play is poor at this level.

9 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Archer is not a striker you can play alone up top

Doesn't hold the ball up and his link up play is poor at this level.

Yep he was best playing off the big man Akpom at Boro.

Him and Duran would be decent.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think they would both look decent down there. In the PL, neither are strong enough to compete with all but the bottom 4 or 5. It would be an interesting game, if they were to play each other now, perhaps 50/50?;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â