Cameron Archer

Zatman

Emery obviously doesn't rate him and this is pure FFP gravy but it does feel a shame. I genuinely feel that if he was ever given a run in the time if Watkins, god-forbid, ever got injured he would score goals. Would be a good signing for saints.

1 minute ago, lainux said:

I think Rogers can cover for Watkins, so Archer is'nt required now, also if Duran is staying who will likely get more minutues in the cup matches.

Difference being cover and effective in a position.  Rogers is a player that is better coming from deeper and so putting him in the Watkins role takes away one of his best skills.

• Like 3

I like Archer, but feel like he's going to be one of those Dwight Gayle types that has excellent seasons in the Championship and then can't quite make it translate to the Premier League. He has some great natural instincts but he doesn't really have the size, pace or strength at this level which you're never really going to get away with when the standard is so high. He wouldn't be a bad squad option by any means but it's just a move that  makes sense given the circumstances.

• Like 2

I like Archer, but it's obvious he's limited and has a ceiling that perhaps is lower than where we are and aim to be. But he's good enough to have a good career at a good level, he's a bit of a Darren Bent in waiting I think, a finisher but how much else he can do is to for debate.

• Like 2

I was wondering today, wasn't there a rule about how many times a player can be transferred in a single season or window or something?

I can't remember the last time we bought a player in July and sold him in August - Unsworth?

I think it just means in this case that whoever buys him won't be able to loan him out.

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

Starts of three consecutive posts. These four words basically sum up most fans' thoughts about Archer.

At least I got there first 😂

40 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

It's just going to net off in this year's accounts isn't.  As if we never bought him back.

With added sell on bonuses for us.

We've done very well to achieve this - Forza Monchi!

2 hours ago, jigen said:

Archer is a good player. Underrated. Nketiah is not better and Arsenal ask 25m. I hope for you to have a sell on clause. Now you must buy another forward. 

No we don't. We have Watkins and Duran. No need for another striker than them. 

22 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I like Archer, but feel like he's going to be one of those Dwight Gayle types that has excellent seasons in the Championship and then can't quite make it translate to the Premier League. He has some great natural instincts but he doesn't really have the size, pace or strength at this level which you're never really going to get away with when the standard is so high. He wouldn't be a bad squad option by any means but it's just a move that  makes sense given the circumstances.

Otherwise known as the Huckerby zone

Just now, TheMightyVillans said:

"We think he needs to develop"

Welcome back archer July 2025

Guarantee it's the same deal as last season. Hopefully he scores a few more goals this season (I think he will) and we'll see a more finished PL striker back with us next season. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I was wondering today, wasn't there a rule about how many times a player can be transferred in a single season or window or something?

I can't remember the last time we bought a player in July and sold him in August - Unsworth?

I think it just means in this case that whoever buys him won't be able to loan him out.

The rule is a player can only play for 2 clubs in the same season. So if a player played for us in August, was sold, then played for new team and they wanted to sell him in Jan it wouldn't be possible

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â