Cameron Archer

Zatman

4 minutes ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Considering our squad is still large in numbers I'm not sure Archer leaving means we bring in another forward.

If it was Duran leaving then yes we would. Archer might always have been on the leave list so no replacement needed. 

Agree. Also, i don't think this has any correlation with a deal for Felix. We had to sell Diaby to meet the SCR so I cannot see us having enough room for Felix wages, let alone any fee.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And Sheffield United ITKs claim they agreed to pay £9m up front and £9m if they stayed up. It became an expensive loan ultimately. No need to be arrogantly dismissive when presented with potentially alternative information. 

I'm educating you on how football finances work. Payment structure is what you are talking about while I'm explaining how the accounts work and how PSR/SCR is calculated. 

Payment Structure is irrelevant to the Accounts calculations for PSR/SCR. 

When the registration is transferred between clubs the amount of money (ie one single number) is registered as the transfer fee. This is regardless of payment structure, swap deals, anything. 

Edited by CVByrne

Archer is a good player. Underrated. Nketiah is not better and Arsenal ask 25m. I hope for you to have a sell on clause. Now you must buy another forward. 

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And Sheffield United ITKs claim they agreed to pay £9m up front and £9m if they stayed up. It became an expensive loan ultimately. No need to be arrogantly dismissive when presented with potentially alternative information. 

I've read £9m and £14m quoted for the buy back, I think the £14m is more realistic as pre-agreeing to a £9m loss on a player seems like an unlikely thing for a club to do

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'm educating you on how football finances work. Payment structure is what you are talking about while I'm explaining how the accounts work and how PSR/SCR is calculated. 

Payment Structure is irrelevant to the Accounts calculations for PSR/SCR. 

This - you are 100% correct.

People confuse cash flow and accounting all the time - PSR focuses on accounting.

The reason clubs negotiate certain payment terms is that they are in debt, and the interest they pay is often based on their accounts and/or their cash position - so they can achieve lower interest costs for the following year if their cash flow is 'better'. 

The reality is that - per reports - we will have received about £18.5m for Archer - about £3.5m from Shefff Utd, and £15m from Southampton. 

PSR Loop hole, we keep selling Archer every season to a promoted club with a clause we sign him back if they get relegated. Will keep annual cash flow in the books every season :D

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jigen said:

Archer is a good player. Underrated. Nketiah is not better and Arsenal ask 25m. I hope for you to have a sell on clause. Now you must buy another forward. 

Has anyone bought Nketiah?

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

As long as there isn’t a stupid buy back clause in it if they get relegated.

We just sell him again to the next promoted club, the cycle keeps going and cash into the club, providing someone wants to buy him. Literally will turn into a cash cow! Won't be good for Archer though!

Edited by lainux

1 minute ago, lainux said:

We just sell him again to the next promoted club, they cycle keeps going and cash into the club, providing someone wants to buy him. Literally will turn into a cash cow!

😄 that will only work a couple of times.  Then clubs will realise that teams he plays up front for keep getting relegated 

37 minutes ago, jigen said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

I like Archer and I still think he could develop into being a good premier league striker, it takes longer for young strikers to break through at PL level nowadays the standard is so high and game time is tough as most teams play with 1 striker and want a ready made player. His move to Sheffield United was a poor one for him personally, a team always destined to go down, score no goals and play horrible football, hopefully Southampton is a better move for him.

54 minutes ago, WHY said:

Will be interesting to see how much Southampton get for Che Adam’s who is 28 and has a record of 1 in 5 games in the PL. Archer at £15m is a good deal for Southampton imo. 

Adams left on a free to Italy a few weeks ago

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

That’ll do. No sell on percentage?

Doesn't appear to benand Jacob should have knowledge of both ends of this deal. 

Edited by CVByrne

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â