Cameron Archer

Zatman

I’m sure we will have negotiated a nice sell on clause and reckon there will be add ons also over the base fee. Glad he’s gone to a good club for his development as he was never gunna make it here … 

I think we resigned him for £14m and selling for £15m. Transfermarkt has him down as contract to 2027 with us. So wages + amortisation he was going to cost around to £6.5 to 7m per season in wages + amort. This does free up a decent chunk of squad cost.

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’m sure we will have negotiated a nice sell on clause and reckon there will be add ons also over the base fee. Glad he’s gone to a good club for his development as he was never gunna make it here … 

I'm sure there is some kind of sell on or add ons or both. 

• Like 1

Know he scored in pre-season but have always thought whilst his a good player he isn't good enough for where Villa want to be. Hopefully there's no requirement to buy him back if Southampton are relegated, £15 million seems a fair fee to me. 

Happy with £15m for Archer (and some add ons including a sell on percentage etc)

good luck to the lad - he’ll no doubt forge out a decent career for himself but fear he’ll do better in the Championship than the premier league. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think we resigned him for £14m and selling for £15m. Transfermarkt has him down as contract to 2027 with us. So wages + amortisation he was going to cost around to £6.5 to 7m per season in wages + amort. This does free up a decent chunk of squad cost.

It was an installment agreement. They would have paid the rest had they stayed up so I don’t think they ever paid the full £18m. So I’m guessing what we agreed to pay back wasn’t close to £14m 

• Like 1

Good luck to him, he’s always had something about him that I like but it was always going to be difficult for him to keep up with our surge to the top four. He’ll do better at Southampton than Sheff Utd I suspect, I hope he has a good season for them, just not against us. 

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Pleased for him that he’s going to have a permanent home and Southampton are a decent club.

I'd be concerned for him this year might feel like Sheffield United all over again though. Barely seeing the ball, with very limited opportunities up front. Might have been better to drop down a league, but I suppose no championship side, Leeds or Burnley aside, would have the money for that

Considering our squad is still large in numbers I'm not sure Archer leaving means we bring in another forward.

If it was Duran leaving then yes we would. Archer might always have been on the leave list so no replacement needed. 

Will be interesting to see how much Southampton get for Che Adam’s who is 28 and has a record of 1 in 5 games in the PL. Archer at £15m is a good deal for Southampton imo. 

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It was an installment agreement. They would have paid the rest had they stayed up so I don’t think they ever paid the full £18m. So I’m guessing what we agreed to pay back wasn’t close to £14m 

Who cares what cash flow happened between the two clubs that's completely irrelevant to the accounts. all that matters is the sale price in the transfer and the price we were obligated to repurchase him at. Those two numbers we believe were £18.5m and £14m

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Who cares what cash flow happened between the two clubs that's completely irrelevant to the accounts. all that matters is the sale price in the transfer and the price we were obligated to repurchase him at. Those two numbers we believe were £18.5m and £14m

And Sheffield United ITKs claim they agreed to pay £9m up front and £9m if they stayed up. It became an expensive loan ultimately. No need to be arrogantly dismissive when presented with potentially alternative information. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â