Cameron Archer

Zatman

Pulling a figure out of thin air here but I reckon somewhere around the £16-17m mark, rising to 20 if they stay up.

I also see this as an indication that we are confident of adding another forward. 

Ain't no way we're entering the season with just Ollie backed up by a petulant toddler in reserve.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

some of the figures in this thread are laughable.  £20m!  Come on.  

We had to bring him back here for 15m. 

There ain't no way in hell Monchi is selling him without making us a profit.

20 upfront may be a stretch, but it's not unreasonable to expect a total of that in clauses if they stay up.

There's barely an attacker in the whole league with starting 11 experience who would sell for less than 20 million. Look at Duran, barely started a game and we value him at twice that.

Weird to call realistic valuations laughable tbh. If the money wasn't worth our while and didn't represent a profit, we wouldn't be selling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

We had to bring him back here for 15m. 

There ain't no way in hell Monchi is selling him without making us a profit.

20 upfront may be a stretch, but it's not unreasonable to expect a total of that in clauses if they stay up.

There's barely an attacker in the whole league with starting 11 experience who would sell for less than 20 million. Look at Duran, barely started a game and we value him at twice that.

Weird to call realistic valuations laughable tbh. If the money wasn't worth our while and didn't represent a profit, we wouldn't be selling.

Yeah, we had to bring him back.

Would you choose to sign Archer for £15m? Doubt it.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Yeah, we had to bring him back.

Would you choose to sign Archer for £15m? Doubt it.

If I was a newly promoted club, yes I would, happily.

When we first came up, we chose to buy Wesley Moraes to lead our line, and he cost us £22m without a single minute of Prem experience.

And Archer is better than him by far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

If I was a newly promoted club, yes I would, happily.

When we first came up, we chose to buy Wesley Moraes to lead our line, and he cost us £22m without a single minute of Prem experience.

And Archer is better than him by far.

Ah big Wes. Archer is much better than him yes, but so am I.

If we get over £15m for Archer great, I think it's unlikely though.

We didn't pay anywhere near £15m to bring him back, it was about £3.6m. We basically gave Sheffield United what they had paid for him so far at that point

• Like 1

i would hazard a complete guess at £12m plus some add-ons or something, maybe 12+5, with a lot of the add-on based on whether they stay up or not.

ofc, i have no idea.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

We didn't pay anywhere near £15m to bring him back, it was about £3.6m. We basically gave Sheffield United what they had paid for him so far at that point

Lol, what on earth? 😂

Sheffield United paid £18.5m for him, the agreement was we'd pay them back 15m and they'd return him if they got relegated, it effectively amounted to a paid loan for them - a total outlay of £3.5m plus his wages.

Edited by est1874

I don't know what you're 'loling' at, the deal was Sheffield United agreed to pay an initial £9m and then another £9m if they survived, if they didn't survive we had an obligation to buy him back for for the fee that Sheffield United had paid, but because they only paid the first installment of the initial £9m - which is nornal as that's how most transfers work, we only had to pay them back around £4m to bring him back

They never gave us anywhere near £18m in the first place, so of course we didn't pay anywhere near £15m to bring him back, it's just common sense, and am pretty sure someone connected to Sheffield United has confirmed this, eiher on radio or a podcast

I don't know how accounts work, maybe it will be recorded as them paying us £9m, and us giving them that back, but in reality, they gave us first installment, which was around £4m, and that's what we've given them back, certainly we haven't paid anywhere near £15m

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i would hazard a complete guess at £12m plus some add-ons or something, maybe 12+5, with a lot of the add-on based on whether they stay up or not.

ofc, i have no idea.

👆

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't know what you're 'loling' at, the deal was Sheffield United agreed to pay an initial £9m and then another £9m if they survived, if they didn't survive we had an obligation to buy him back for for the fee that Sheffield United had paid, but because they only paid the first installment of the initial £9m - which is nornal as that's how most transfers work, we only had to pay them back around £4m to bring him back

They never gave us anywhere near £18m in the first place, so of course we didn't pay anywhere near £15m to bring him back, it's just common sense, and am pretty sure someone connected to Sheffield United has confirmed this, eiher on radio or a podcast

I don't know how accounts work, maybe it will be recorded as them paying us £9m, and us giving them that back, but in reality, they gave us first installment, which was around £4m, and that's what we've given them back, certainly we haven't paid anywhere near £15m

Quote your sources then, because those are figures I have never in my life come across until just now in your post. The initial deal was reported as £18.5m. The buy back was reported as £15m.

Unless you have reputable credible sources, everything you've written here is just rubbish - that is what I am loling at.

Edited by est1874

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Are you allowed to buy a player… and then sell the same player to a different team in the same transfer window??

Yep, but then they can sell or loan that player to anyone else. 

2 moves per window 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Think we'll get a similar fee that we got for Tim. 

No, no. A Striker who has plenty of experience now, had a full season at Sheffield United and played nearly every game when fit. 0.41 xG + xAG per 90 at Sheffield who were a very poor side is decent enough work. 

Cam needs to be in the right team and he has the experience now to do well at Saints. Even Jacob Tanswell who is a Saints fan and covered them while they were in PL is for the move. Cam has been excellent in Pre Season. I think this is a £20m deal type player

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â