Cameron Archer

Zatman

On 11/08/2024 at 11:34, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

Bad miss to put this wide. He's scored some lovely goals this pre-season so somewhat of a surprise.

There isn't a striker, in the history of football, who hasn't missed sitters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Bournemouth looking at Nketiah as a replacement for Solanke now, might struggle to move Cam on.

Yes unlikely he'll move on now. Seems deals collapsing have impacted our summer a lot. Feels like Duran, Carlos, Nketia and Omorodin all looked like they were going to clubs and they have fallen through all impacting us.

7 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Bournemouth looking at Nketiah as a replacement for Solanke now, might struggle to move Cam on.

More fool them

To be honest, I'm quite OK with him staying as a third choice. We're gonna be playing a LOT of games this season and he gives us a different option.

Watkins - the world class all-rounder first choice

Duran - the maverick physical pace man

Archer - the poacher

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Powehi said:

To be honest, I'm quite OK with him staying as a third choice. We're gonna be playing a LOT of games this season and he gives us a different option.

Archer - the poacher

I agree, it's a good balance.

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Union Berlin or Getafe would be goodplaces to go, probably Berlin as they had a poor season last season but are usually up near the Top 6. Plus German football is a bit similar to PL and a lot of Germans speak English very well so he'd settle quicker

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Union Berlin or Getafe would be goodplaces to go, probably Berlin as they had a poor season last season but are usually up near the Top 6. Plus German football is a bit similar to PL and a lot of Germans speak English very well so he'd settle quicker

Union probably be in another relegation battle next season and have moved away from what made them good plus that manager is also gone

Could never cheer on Getafe after last season so hope doesnt go there

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Powehi said:

Archer - the poacher

Is this the “aggregate” thing again? 😆

To be frank, if Archer had no history with us or didn’t have the return clause in the previous deal, would we invest in him now or speak so accommodatingly about him?

I think we really ought to be striving for a higher level, but you can’t complain at his goals per season, in fact he was unlucky not to have more.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Hopefully it’s a loan to buy if we can’t find a buyer. He’s just good enough for the levels we’ve reached now. 

All he needs is a decent season in La Liga or the Bundesliga and his value doubles, or hopefully he has a place in our squad.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I know they've had some good seasons in that time, but weren't Union promoted to the top flight for the first time in their history a few years ago?

39 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I know they've had some good seasons in that time, but weren't Union promoted to the top flight for the first time in their history a few years ago?

19-20 was their first season in the top flight.

Since then:

19-20 - 11th
20-21 - 7th
21-22 - 5th
22-23 - 4th
23-24 - 15th

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Union probably be in another relegation battle next season and have moved away from what made them good plus that manager is also gone

Could never cheer on Getafe after last season so hope doesnt go there

What happened with Getafe last season?

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

To be frank, if Archer had no history with us or didn’t have the return clause in the previous deal, would we invest in him now or speak so accommodatingly about him?

I think we really ought to be striving for a higher level, but you can’t complain at his goals per season, in fact he was unlucky not to have more.

It's not just about sentimentality though its also the squad rules around homegrown players, Archer may not quite be good enough but he's better than being forced into a reduced squad. That said, perhaps the emergence of Lamare Bogarde as a genuine first team option has reduced that particular benefit of keeping Archer. 

I'd also say if you look at other English premier league strikers, Watkins, Solanke, Toney, none of them were top PL players until their mid to late 20's, it takes a long time to develop their all round game at this level, Archer is still only 22 years old so worth hanging on to for a while yet. 

• Like 1

He'll do well on Loan, Sheffield United was wrong place for him. They were a terrible side and didn't play to his strengths. After a good Loan he'll be worth £20m+ next summer

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â