Cameron Archer

Zatman

On 09/08/2024 at 11:21, VillanousOne said:

anyone consider that in our first choice 11 he might actually do well? 

he was in a crap team last season and injured for large parts of the season

feels weird we've dismissed him as not good enough, not able to play in our system based on, pretty much nothing just conjecture and hot air. I don't know if he is someone we should keep, but I certainly don't know that he isn't good enough either.

Nope - too limited a player and if he’s not on it, it will be like playing with 10 men given how limited he is as a player … just sell 

Edited by thabucks

I like Cam. But he's a bit of a Darren Bent for me: deadly in the box, but doesn't contribute more generally. 

An unfair comparison I know, but contrast him with Ollie who does so much work, is integral to the way we play and makes space for team mates to effect the game. Even Duran causes chaos/space for team mates and creates his own opportunities. 

If we get a decent offer from Bournemouth, I'd take it and wish him the best.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Spuds have been rinsed there, good lord.

Crazy price indeed! Shocked at Spurs paying that much given how they like to deal.

i knew he had a good season last year but didn’t think he got as many as 19 league goals. Interesting to see how he does there.

I love the idea of Cam overcoming the odds & doubters and becoming a productive player here. It may not be the most likely outcome or the “correct” financial move but I’m a supporter not a director or accountant. I’m pulling for him and would be happy with him being given a chance here.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

I love the idea of Cam overcoming the odds & doubters and becoming a productive player here. It may not be the most likely outcome or the “correct” financial move but I’m a supporter not a director or accountant. I’m pulling for him and would be happy with him being given a chance here.

You dirty bast*rd. 

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

Bad miss to put this wide. He's scored some lovely goals this pre-season so somewhat of a surprise.

He's quite literally been hit and miss this pre-season tbf.

I'm not sure where I stand with him but if Bournemouth come in and offer say 25m+, I think we'd find it very hard to turn that down. 

8 minutes ago, vazquez said:

Him coming in changed the momentum of the game, and we started to press and get opportunities. He is way better in leading the line than Rogers or McGinn. If we are not going to sign anyone, better to have Archer as Ollie backup

Agree

I don't think he's the answer but in terms of shape and positioning we just look better with an actual striker up there

Not knocking Rogers but he's definitely a square peg

The Darren Bent comparison is a good one (apologies, can't remember who said it)

Superb finisher, give him two touches and a yard of space and he'll rattled the onion bag. Ask him to do much more and he's not quite there (yet)

20 hours ago, vazquez said:

Him coming in changed the momentum of the game, and we started to press and get opportunities. He is way better in leading the line than Rogers or McGinn. If we are not going to sign anyone, better to have Archer as Ollie backup.

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Agree

I don't think he's the answer but in terms of shape and positioning we just look better with an actual striker up there

Not knocking Rogers but he's definitely a square peg

It's not just about having a proper striker, it's also the fact it allows Rogers to play in his best position. 

We get a double benefit from that one change.

Think it was a sensible trial in pre-season because Rogers' finishing is exceptional, but it's safe to say that experiment failed. I'd be upset if we went down that route in the season on the rare occasions when we rest Watkins.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â