Cameron Archer

Zatman

If Durán scored the goals that Archer  did last season for one of the worst teams to have ever played in the Premier League we'd all be saying what a prospect he is.  Ok there was only 4 of them but some great finishes 😊 

Not sure if he's good enough but he has definitely shown glimpses in this league.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I know I’m probably in the minority here but I think I’d like to keep Archer around if we sell Duran and bring in a Felix type player. 

If, and let’s hope it doesn’t happen, we lose Watkins for an extended period, even a month. I think it makes sense to have a proper striker to at least have on the bench. Otherwise you are looking at playing your 10 up front or trying to shoehorn in Rogers. 

where I am with Archer. If we sign Félix (or someone similar), I think a combination of him & Archer might be enough for a backup striker -- provided we sell Durán.

if we don't get that Félix type player, I don't think that Archer by himself is a capable enough backup for where we want to be. 

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I still think that given the service Archer will score.

It's what he does.

That's not enough.

That poacher player has almost entirely left top-level football. There has to be more from the rest of your game. If you don't get a chance for two games in a row, you can't contribute nothing else.

I think Archer must know that, and it's up to him to show he can do it.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That's not enough.

That poacher player has almost entirely left top-level football. There has to be more from the rest of your game. If you don't get a chance for two games in a row, you can't contribute nothing else.

this.

the days of a striker who is nothing but a person who scores goals is long gone, and if you are that type of striker, you will never play for a top team in the current game, or at least you would need to be an absolute world class/elite goal poacher to stand a chance of being at a top club.

I would like to sell him.

Archer for me lacks all round ability. He is very limited in the way he plays.

Maybe in a few years time if he has developed his all round game we can bring him back but as of now he isn't good enough.

56 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That's not enough.

Wilder actually had him playing wide left when he first came in. He scored a cracker at Luton dribbling from that side into the box.

We're stacked there of course but Cam is more than just a Darren Bent style CF who hangs around the box and is barely involved in team build ups so I do think he could evolve as time goes on but probably not going to get the minutes here.

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Maybe in a few years time if he has developed his all round game we can bring him back but as of now he isn't good enough.

Agree. Since he broke through we have progressed a lot as a team and he’s sadly not good enough for where we are today.

Just now, lexicon said:

Conspicuous absence today. Might suggest he'll be moved on.

yep, it probably would've been different w/o the red. But him not coming on at all gives me the impression that Emery doesn't trust him with a job as a lone striker after going down to 10 men. 

18 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

yep, it probably would've been different w/o the red. But him not coming on at all gives me the impression that Emery doesn't trust him with a job as a lone striker after going down to 10 men

Couldn't bring him on as he wasn't on the bench.

On 31/07/2024 at 23:08, Pinebro said:

I think he showed some of that in the pre season games, I was a bit surprised at how good his link up play and all round play was. The opposition was on a lower level though so remains to be seen if he can do it against the better teams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Us preferring to start Rogers and bring on Buendia up front last night suggests to me he’s not in Emery’s thinking. 

Maybe it would’ve been different if Carlos wasn’t sent off, also Emery was trying to see how might Rogers do upfront and wether he’s a choice there?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â