Cameron Archer

Zatman

26 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

As a solanke replacement? 

Possibly. Solanke linked to the likes of Spurs but it all seems speculative at best. But the way the club welcomed him back, tells me Cam doesn’t expect to be sticking around either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Possibly. Solanke linked to the likes of Spurs but it all seems speculative at best. But the way the club welcomed him back, tells me Cam doesn’t expect to be sticking around either.

I’d be in the same frame of mind, but that would imply the social media team knows what Emery wants with him. I’m not sure they are completely privy to that information 

22 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

I would sell him for pure profit. 

You could try, but we've purchased him almost like any other transfer in who has a book value greater than zero now.

Anyone know what buy back fee was for him? we surely aren’t paying exact same as what we sold him for? Read 7m on some random post but that surely too low. 

4 minutes ago, Cmac said:

Anyone know what buy back fee was for him? we surely aren’t paying exact same as what we sold him for? Read 7m on some random post but that surely too low. 

It seems to be £14m as far as i can tell from various media reports. We sold him for £9m and bought him back for £14m.

But there are some places saying we bought him back for the same price we sold him for - £9m.

Edited by ender4

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It seems to be £14m as far as i can tell from various media reports. We sold him for £9m and bought him back for £14m.

But there are some places saying we bought him back for the same price we sold him for - £9m.

Really doesn’t sound like the type of deal we’d sign up to. Sheffield United would’ve been one of the favourites for relegation when we sold him. If we signed up to that deal it must’ve been a short term fix for PSR last summer??

Archer had a few suitors last summer so surely wasnt a case of take what we can and agree, can’t imagine we sold him then to a team destined for relegation with agreement we would take him back for same/higher price if it happened. The 7m figure mentioned seems more realistic option but doubt we will ever really know 

26 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’m guessing we paid the £8-9m - the £18m included add ons. So it was more of a loan without losing fees on the purchase 

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I’m guessing we paid the £8-9m - the £18m included add ons. So it was more of a loan without losing fees on the purchase 

This is it.

Sheff Utd bought him for £9m and would've paid a further £9m if they stayed up.

We bought him back for £7m as they got relegated, effectively a £2m loan fee but with greater PSR benefits last year. 

• Thanks 1

Seems to me that he is in that niche currently where he is a very good championship striker who will get you a good amount of goals, especially in a promotion chasing club.

But, he had shown nothing that makes me think he is a PL level striker.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Backing him to score at least 2 tonight, and if he stays on for the second half a hattrick.

Well that aged badly. He needs to do something against Spartak Trnava or he's going to end up getting sold back to the Championship.

He’s a weird one. We all loved him and were sad to see him go and in the space of a year his stock had dropped so much. It’s sad as everyone loved a home grown lad, and the name and celebration alone deserve excellence

• Sad 1

On 17/07/2024 at 22:42, MrBlack said:

Well that aged badly. He needs to do something against Spartak Trnava or he's going to end up getting sold back to the Championship.

Tbh, he knows he’s being sold either way. Hope he can score and up his value a little 

I think a poor season with one of the worse squads in premier league history isn’t a good indicator of how bad Archer is. Neither is how the social media team announced his return. 

his preseason under Emery will be the deciding factor if he’s good enough for Villa 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I think a poor season with one of the worse squads in premier league history isn’t a good indicator of how bad Archer is. Neither is how the social media team announced his return. 

his preseason under Emery will be the deciding factor if he’s good enough for Villa 

Agreed. It hasn't started well, but there's defintely a very good striker in there. I've majorly lowered my expectations for what he can achieve with us but I'd be delighted to be wrong. 

Maybe he's not one that works with our style of play, but he's comfortably a reliable 1 in 2 striker in the championship, and maybe a bit more if he can continue to develop rather than wasting another year on the bench. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â