Cameron Archer

Zatman

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You reckon they might keep him?

No idea, seems very odd he’s not returned yet. 
For his sake. Hope we don’t have an obligation to buy back. He’ll score for fun in the championship 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

No idea, seems very odd he’s not returned yet. 
For his sake. Hope we don’t have an obligation to buy back. He’ll score for fun in the championship 

weirdly, he is still on the Sheff Utd website on their squad list, and even shows 0 matches/0 goals for the new season, strange they havent removed him if he came back last month?

Hopefully Sheffield United have just said not to worry about the buy-back, we'll keep him. 

Perhaps they have the option to keep him but enforce the buy back if they didn't want him rather than the buy-back be automatically enforced.

At the moment Sheffield United are mid-takeover and there's also the complication that they're being investigated for having someone involved in the takeover trying to sort out transfer deals before purchase has been completed. 

Add this soft transfer embargo to the fact that Wilder is famous for wanting way too many strikers. Currently Brereton has gone back to Spain, Jebbison and McBurnie have been released, Traore looks to be going to Nantes permanently. That leaves them with Brewster as their only recognised striker a month before the season if Archer comes back to Villa.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sheffield United are trying to agree something with us that means Archer gets to stay with them next season. Even if it's the buy-back going through and then us leaving him with them on loan for a season. 

Current rumours are that they want Kieffer Moore and I think those two up top would destroy teams at that level. 

• Like 1

Seemingly still not back with us, but nothing in his insta to indicate trining with Sheff U (I’d imagine they are back for preseason). 
Seems an odd situation. 

I'd forgotten all about him but as said above, presumably the buy-back was only activated if one side chose to trigger it. They have a striker who can score goals in the Championship and saves us the hassle of having to find another buyer for him.

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Seemingly still not back with us, but nothing in his insta to indicate trining with Sheff U (I’d imagine they are back for preseason). 
Seems an odd situation. 

Maybe he's close to signing for another club.

The buyback was mandatory should they get relegated, as stated by their CEO, he's back with us, the club just not showing him, perhaps because if they do some fans will take it the wrong way and get carried away, and start talking about him being given a second chance or replacing Duran, only to be disappointed when, or if, he departs again in the coming weeks. There will be a lot of interest in him, so I would be surprised if discussions aren't already under way

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, useless said:

The buyback was mandatory should they get relegated, as stated by their CEO, he's back with us, the club just not showing him, perhaps because if they do some fans will take it the wrong way and get carried away, and start talking about him being given a second chance or replacing Duran, only to be disappointed when, or if, he departs again in the coming weeks. There will be a lot of interest in him, so I would be surprised if discussions aren't already under way

I don’t buy that at all.

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Well if Sheffield are showing him as retained then i guess that answers the question whether he's now a Villa player or a Sheffield player.

He's definitley back with us, again probably not being shown because the club knows he's leaving in the coming weeks, so pointles making any kind of show regarding his return

Our buyback was mandatory, Sheffield United specifically asked that we should buy him back should they get relegated to protect them financially, they need the money, their CEO has publicly stated this, when relegation was confired they were counting on us buyiing him, which we have done

It might be that Sheffield United raise some money from player sales, or getting funding from a takeover and come back for him, but as it stands he's no longer their player, and is back with us, but again probably won't be for long

He's not the only player that hasn't been shown, see also the likes of O'Reilly, Barry, Richards, Bogarde Chambers, and probably others, note all players likely on their way out in one way or another

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

He's definitley back with us, again probably not being shown because the club knows he's leaving in the coming weeks, so pointles making any kind of show regarding his return

Our buyback was mandatory, Sheffield United specifically asked that we should buy him back should they get relegated to protect them financially, they need the money, their CEO has publicly stated this, when relegation was confired they were counting on us buyiing him, which we have done

It might be that Sheffield United raise some money from player sales, or getting funding from a takeover and come back for him, but as it stands he's no longer their player, and is back with us, but again probably won't be for long

He's not the only player that hasn't been shown, see also the likes of O'Reilly, Barry, Richards, Bogarde Chambers, and probably others, note all players likely on their way out in one way or another

He was on their retained list as of May 29. He’s still their player for now. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â