Cameron Archer

Zatman

20 hours ago, thabucks said:

He isn’t good enough for where we are and aspire to stay,  so will be shipped out and have a good career hopefully somewhere else… Sooner the better for all 

I agree.....but I wouldn't be surprised if he made it, elsewhere, at some point....I don't think Sheff Utd was the right fit.

He is still young and developing. I think his football IQ needs to develop, and his decision making, to sharpen up.

Cam can score some fine goals but he needs to be more of a constant threat, he can tend to drift in and out of games.....His goal scoring techniques are fine, it's his general forward play, he needs to improve.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I agree.....but I wouldn't be surprised if he made it, elsewhere, at some point....I don't think Sheff Utd was the right fit.

He is still young and developing. I think his football IQ needs to develop, and his decision making, to sharpen up.

Cam can score some fine goals but he needs to be more of a constant threat, he can tend to drift in and out of games.....His goal scoring techniques are fine, it's his general forward play, he needs to improve.

I think he’s destined to be a top championship striker who will get a few chances at prem teams. 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I bet boro will be one of the clubs

Wouldnt suprise me if he ends up there and thats was a agreement for rodgers

Yeah along Coventry, Wolves, Palace and Bournemouth. 

He's one of 4 or 5 that finds out today what Villa's intentions are. 

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Yeah, As above 

Where? There is nothing posted in this thread that shows he's been re-signed by Villa.  Only speculation that he probably is back and that he is probably off somewhere else.

I'm pretty sure if Sheffield hadn't have been SO bad, and if he hadn't have had that run out of the team injured, he'd have scored a lot more goals last season. 

I'd like to see him in a better team to see what he can do. 

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’ve got a hunch we may keep him. Just purely based upon that extra team trained player he’d give us 

We will have to start calling you the Hunchback of VillaTalk!

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Haha 1

On 30/06/2024 at 11:24, TRO said:

Yes he should have tried to move to a top championship team and then get back to PL via promotion, with more goals and experience under his belt. He was never going to do well at such a terrible team last season especially a side that was always going favour physical players. 

Tammy Abraham had a great spell in the championship and then a dud spell in the PL before going back to the championship with us, Archer still has time on his side like Tammy did. Hopefully he will still come good, whether it’s for us or (probably) for someone else.

20 hours ago, Kingman said:

Yeah along Coventry, Wolves, Palace and Bournemouth. 

He's one of 4 or 5 that finds out today what Villa's intentions are. 

Palace would be a really good move for him imo. He'd back himself over time to get in ahead of Edouard and Mateta and way he makes runs with Eze on the ball would be exciting to watch.

Bournemouth could be good aswell as they'll sell Solanke within next 12 months so opportunity could open up there aswell.

Â