Cameron Archer

Zatman

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Looked straight at the keeper if it didn't take a deflection tbh.

It was on target - deserves the benefit of the doubt there. He made the right run, which is also good.

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think Archer is a PL level Striker. He'll go on pre-season tour with us and find a good move towards end August

Disagree. Don't think he's got enough about him yet to be considered prem level and he's not proven at this level. That might change in the future but I'm not so sure. 

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

He should probably change his profile picture

I think this means that he knows he'll be off towards the end of the transfer window.

With Duran leaving he's the only alternative to Watkins unless we sign a another forward. I know we can try Rogers or somebody else there we shouldn't have to do that.

25 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

I think this means that he knows he'll be off towards the end of the transfer window.

Yep. Didn’t get a warm welcome on social media nor a mention on the official website about returning. He’s off once a suitable bid comes in. 

To keep or not to keep.

You get the feeling that he is just not quiet at the level we need. Do we keep him and let the coaching team do their work with him or loan him out in the hope he gets ample game time.

It's a difficult one. If he wasn't a club trained player then he definitely goes on loan. 

11 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I honestly believe had he stayed a full season under Emery he would be in an even better place than pissing about with Wilders hoof ball. 

That's the danger with all these loans and the belief that these guys have to play football, if the football is utter **** shite meaning they look isolated are they really learning more?

Has he ever played with Watkins? Fancy Watkins wouid set him up for a few goals. May be worth keeping around. Couid be useful coming off the bench if the team needs a goal. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Banked some profit that year for a player Unai doesn’t rate. I don’t see the problem with that. 

It's not that he doesn't rate Archer, Philogene, Ramsey Et al it was more of a commercial game of chess 

Emery always wanted control over the players futures hence the T&Cs we inserted into the deals to remain in control. 

• Like 1

He's a great finisher with both feet but lacks the all round game of a Watkins and the physicality of Duran.

He could be like a Defoe at Spurs who used to come off the bench, do nothing but pop up with a goal.

But I'm not particularly convinced that works any more in the modern game and would prefer we buy a more complete striker to backup Watkins if possible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

missed a sitter, scored a good goal, but he just doesnt have the all round game to lead the line for us.

If Carlsberg made posts.......................

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â