Cameron Archer

Zatman

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

His game lends itself to "moments" in a game.....where as we want players, who are "constant threats".

If Archer goes , and Duran goes.....then who can we realistically sign to play 2nd fiddle to Ollie that would be a constant threat ?

Edited by CosmicVillan

3 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

If Archer goes , and Duran goes.....then who can we realistically sign to play 2nd fiddle to Ollie that would be a constant threat ?

I dont think ollie will start every game. He at euros we have CL and 38 games along with domestic cups. He will need to be rested ao i think we need 1 or 2 coming in.

Rodgers can play up top so he is also a option.  Im not opposed to keeper archer if duran is sold

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Firstly, I will be surprised if Duran goes due to his reported character issues. I think this may end up as a rehabilitation job for our club.

secondly, I don't think Ollie will be called upon to play as much as he did, we got out of jail, with his impeccable fitness record,last season,  we may not be so lucky in the future.

It also gives us an option to play 4-4-2 if we ever have a desire to do so.

I think, our thinking needs to move away from a first 11, as like all successful teams, more competitions, attract more injuries, and suspensions.

Who would have thought at the start of last season, Youri Tielemans would have featured so prominently as he did, towards the later stages...suffice to say, maybe a consideration in letting Dougie go....who's to say Barkley could do the same?

Players coming to clubs like Villa now, know that they have to win the shirt, and it's down to them to secure a first team spot.

with the odd exception, I don't see a first teamer, I see a squad, where cream will rise to the top, and the best players, within a balance will get the nod.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Ayoub El Kaabi?

• Like 1

Genuinely didn't realise he'd just come back.

I assumed if we were re-signing him it would be like every other signing...breaking news, Romano with his here we go tweet, him with the shirt and smiling next to Monchi like Dobbin was.

So just a glorified season loan with money coming into us....I think at the end of the day we need to realise there's a young lad here wanting to make a go of his football career who's already had some excellent loan spells so just trading him around to beat FFP every summer isn't how we should be treating him imo.

People moan when Chuk just decides to to Chelsea so can't have it both ways.

Boro would have him back for sure so maybe see them make a move near the end of the window on a permanent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trevor said:

Ayoub El Kaabi?

I really rate this guy, not the best age....but such a good player.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I assumed if we were re-signing him it would be like every other signing...breaking news, Romano with his here we go tweet, him with the shirt and smiling next to Monchi like Dobbin was.

So just a glorified season loan with money coming into us....I think at the end of the day we need to realise there's a young lad here wanting to make a go of his football career who's already had some excellent loan spells so just trading him around to beat FFP every summer isn't how we should be treating him imo.

Boro would have him back for sure so maybe see them make a move near the end of the window on a permanent.

Nothing official has gone through that he’s back yet and his Instagram still states Shef Utd, I’m sure there will be an announcement of his return 

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Nothing official has gone through that he’s back yet and his Instagram still states Shef Utd, I’m sure there will be an announcement of his return 

Had a look on Wiki and he's still listed on the Sheffield squad page yet his bio says he plays for us so whoever is filling that in is confused aswell!

We'll know by next week though when pre season starts for Sheffield United.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, trevor said:

Ayoub El Kaabi?

Looked a player in the Conference League but I'm bit hesitant judging players on their cup form. Aside from the goals (15 in 21 games), does anyone know how he's done in Greece performance wise?

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

On the flip side, he would have been well aware of this clause before signing for Sheffield. 

So I'm not sure we can say Villa are messing him around because we don't know what Archer is thinking - both of us have zero clue of his mindset. Maybe he doesn't ever want to play the Championship again and he's delighted to be back? Maybe he's enjoying the possibility of CL if we don't shift him? Maybe he likes the prospect of another signing on fee if we do shift him?

2 hours ago, CosmicVillan said:

That No.9 who came on for Hungary last night looked good. Not sure if he'd be willing to play second fiddle to Ollie though.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

That No.9 who came on for Hungary last night looked good. Not sure if he'd be willing to play second fiddle to Ollie though.

The heavy one with the big red beard? That would be something.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Probably after the 30th of June.....

On 24/06/2024 at 06:50, VillaChris said:

I agree with you that I have some concerns about how young players could end up being used - but not in this situation. He had the dream situation! Got a move to a PL club, could have scored the goals to keep them up. Didn’t - not his fault, but worth saying - and now instead of relegation is back at a CL club and can either compete here or will get a move to another PL club. Without the buyback he’d be in a Championship squad now - and I don’t think he’ll end up in one next season. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â