Cameron Archer

Zatman

10 hours ago, John said:

I must admit that it surprised me too. Chuba Akpom looked to have a quite few inches on him, when they were interviewed after the game, but apparently he is 1.86 and Cameron is 1.81 (Chuba must have been standing on a box;)).  

Now just seen this post :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, duke313 said:

Vardy was 27, Toney was 25 and Ollie was 24 when the first stepped up to the Premier League.  Players who are about to enter or already in their peak years.  Not remotely the same as Archer.

Archer is simply not ready for the PL, why can people not accept this?

In some ways its harder at that age, as the opportunities have passed them by.....Until we play him in the Premier League, we can't be sure, if he's ready or not.....some people don't accept it, because its opinion not fact.

Judging by some of the current players recent performances, you could say, are they ready for the Premier League?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats just your opinion you don't know that for sure as he hasnt been given a opportunity. You could be right he might be good enough but only way we know is by giving him game time.

As you said its down to emery so be interesting to see what happens in summer 

It's more than just an opinion though, three managers now have thought he's not ready for the Prem. Why do you think that is?  Do you think they just decided we aren't going to give this kid a chance just because? 

18 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Someone has written funny things on Wikipedia, and he appears even taller on Eurosport's site (186 cm or 6'1). In reality he is around 170 cm or 5'8. Shorter than average which is obvious just by looking at him.

same size as Aguero.

As he develops, and fills out, he will learn the art, of fending off opponents , and dealing with challenges. Middlesbrough should be good schooling.

Until he plays in our first team, with some regular games, we will never know.

Edited by TRO

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

In some ways its harder at that age, as the opportunities have passed them by.....Until we play him in the Premier League, we can't be sure, if he's ready or not.....some people don't accept it, because its opinion not fact.

Judging by some of the current players recent performances, you could say, are they ready for the Premier League?

Case in point: Bailey, I don't think he's ready for the Premier League either.

Archer has instinct and the ability to score all kinds of goals. He just needs some experience.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's more than just an opinion though, three managers now have thought he's not ready for the Prem. Why do you think that is?  Do you think they just decided we aren't going to give this kid a chance just because? 

Cam was 17 when Dean took over......He was 20 when SG took over.......He is a bit of a late ish bloomer, showing his form at the Moors and PNE.

I accept, he has more to do, but there is still much there, to give him time....players like Cam, will benefit from the players around him, He has a nose for those white posts, so we just have to watch him develop, and monitor his progress....can't think of a better team for him to be with at present.....his ratio is around 3 so he is in good company, a bit better and he will be ready.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Archer has instinct and the ability to score all kinds of goals. He just needs some experience.

The thing is, like it or loathe it......if you cannot deal with the physicality of this league, it will consume you....Talented players have to find a way, to make that talent count.

You have to have the measure of it, to function, and benefit from your talent.....talent is only any good when its allowed to be unleashed, if its negated, by being physically taken out, its redundant.

The top teams players, deal with it, and fight back.

I agree with your last line on Cam.....I am very hopeful, for this boy.

Archer is 5'8, 5'9 at a push. As for his ability, as long as he score goals he will get his chance. Quite frankly I feel the main reason he has had few chances to breakthrough us down to the style of striker we play with.

I don’t think Emery is going to change this, as we have seen what he is looking for. Fast, with strength that plays off the wing. For me he is very much in the Aguero mold. Short but broad with a good touch so can hold it up a but, and link up play. Fast enough to run in behind and sharp in front of goal. However doesn't excell at either. Lacks the dribbling skill Aguero had so is probably more like Ings! The Irony is I think he would have fitted Gerrard's system better.

These days a striker is crucial to how teams want to play. Their goal isn't simply to score anymore. He would do well for a team like Citeh, that dominate the ball and territory. Or a team that plays with the old fashioned little and large strike duo.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Gerrard i dont classify as a manager so i will dismiss him.

Deano i think would have given archer more game time if he wasnt sacked. 

But emery yes i would agree on him as he seems to be a top manager 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Gerrard i dont classify as a manager so i will dismiss him.

Deano i think would have given archer more game time if he wasnt sacked. 

But emery yes i would agree on him as he seems to be a top manager 

I think Dean might have given him more game time if the team was winning more, but remember, Cameron was a lot younger then, and his development was further back down the line.

Emery is a top manager, we just want him to be one, with us.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Dean might have given him more game time if the team was winning more

The juxtaposition of a mid table manager, we as fans say we'd be more understanding of the results weren't great but he was bringing youngsters through whilst at the same time they do have to win games

If like Gerrard you're doing neither then you're ****

I have an irrational hatred of Archer now and it would be good to get him back and scoring in a Villa shirt. Pinned all my hopes on signing him for Dulwich Hamlet on FM after I got to the championship but he picked Grimsby over us and now has an insane scoring record with them. 

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

True - but perhaps unfair.

Under Smith, he was young, we were battling for points, Ollie was flying and/or Ings had just joined.

Gerrard was (a) a bell end and (b) had one tactic - full backs punt in crosses all game. Archer is (*checks various threads*) 3"6'? Not his game, but the Chelsea game in the cup shows he's capable.

Emery - this is the true test, but he needed game time in the second half of the season so the loan was right IMO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Loan to Solihull Moors to get used to professional football.
Loan to Preston to get used to professional football at a much higher level.
Loan to Middlesbrough to get used to professional football at a team pushing for promotion to the Premier League.

I know some people are disappointed not to have seen Archer play much for Villa but, honestly, this is an absolute blueprint as to how loan development should work.  It's a shame he didn't get the whole season with Boro, really.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

He was given game time under Smith and I think if he'd have stayed manager he would have played a lot more. Gerrard rated him but had Ings and Watkins and the team were struggling so didnt want to risk him. Emery obviously not as he let him go out on loan but he could change his mind after the loan. There is a massive step up from championship to Premier League but Archer is young and would adapt. I just wish he was given the opportunity. Its a lot more statisfing seeing a local lad come through than splashing out £50 million on a striker. To me he looks the best finisher to come through the academy since Gary Shaw but Shaw got the opportunity and played a significant part in our title winning success at only 20. these days players dont get the same chance so who knows. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â