Cameron Archer

Zatman

7 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

he really needs to be given some game time otherwise it's all just academic.

Can't help but feel he will be given time as the 2 above him continue to stutter and misfire.. who knows, but somehow this trajectory seems unstoppable.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I think this is a great news. As others have pointed out, though, he really needs to be given some game time otherwise it's all just academic.

Training with the first team all season must be very beneficial for him too, what you reckon?

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Training with the first team all season must be very beneficial for him too, what you reckon?

I guess... But if he doesn't get any game time at all? Is that worth trading for the first team training?

For what it's worth, I'm sure he will get game time, particularly in the cups.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I guess... But if he doesn't get any game time at all? Is that worth trading for the first team training?

He’ll feature but it may not be as much as some fans hope.   It’s clear Gerrard has faith in the lad though. 

Hope he thrives and puts Walsall on the map :)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

On 24/07/2022 at 15:24, wilko154 said:

I completely agree, just playing devils advocate.

Watkins is frustrating as like you said he has done better, and normally does in phases of a game.

I'm torn with Archer, I feel if he sticks around he's a third choice striker playing limited games. A bit like where Keinan found himself in the Championship. At the same time I feel as though if he goes out on loan for a full season he'll bang goals in and we'll look on enviously. Glad it's not my decision to make.

Yeah, but he will be scoring goals in the championship, if he goes on loan....its a big step up.....and there will still be a doubt, because its not the top league.....even if he scored 20 in the championship, folk would be saying Ah but can it do it in the Prem?

He needs to sink or swim.....Its time to score goals in the Prem....He will get chances, I feel sure of that.....He is quick, he knows where to be, and he is a clinical finisher.....He has a great chance of making a name for himself.

He is not trying to compete against Elite Strikers,( current form) they have their issues and unless they find their shooting boots, he will get his chances.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

That's where you just have to trust the staff at the club to know what they're doing 

Gerrard said no he stays here, if by the world cup he has 0 PL minutes to his name then its a stick to beat Gerrard with but on the face of it at the moment I think he will get a fair shot at it, definitley if we play 2 up top 

• Like 2

Good news, can only be a good thing having a decent back up to WatkIngs. 

Hopefully means Davis will be gone. 

We didn't need to loan him out again. He was excellent in the Championship last season, had a really good summer with England U21's, and did really well in our pre-season.

I really don't think he could have done any more to prove that he deserves to be in this squad next season. The sooner he gets more Premier League experience the better.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Can't help but feel he will be given time as the 2 above him continue to stutter and misfire.. who knows, but somehow this trajectory seems unstoppable.

Indeed it has already been written, Even money he scores on his Premier League debut, the rest will become history

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Yeah, but he will be scoring goals in the championship, if he goes on loan....its a big step up.....and there will still be a doubt, because its not the top league.....even if he scored 20 in the championship, folk would be saying Ah but can it do it in the Prem?

He needs to sink or swim.....Its time to score goals in the Prem....He will get chances, I feel sure of that.....He is quick, he knows where to be, and he is a clinical finisher.....He has a great chance of making a name for himself.

He is not trying to compete against Elite Strikers,( current form) they have their issues and unless they find their shooting boots, he will get his chances.

I agree with you mate. The others aren't playing great so he will be getting a chance unless they up their game. When he does, it's up to him to take it. 

• Like 1

Chuffed he is staying. Whether he excels or not is up to his development and his playing time. But the whole point of our academy is to bring players through to the first team isnt it  not just hoard them on loan. This season he can hopefully show he can be an asset and then thats a striker position sorted  Every time we produce an academy player thats more money we can spend on an elite player. 

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think Gerrard saying plain as day "he's staying" earlier today is probably a better confirmation

That came from Villareport on Twitter. Nobody believes that chancer ;)

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â