Cameron Archer

Zatman

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

It’s no option to buy though 😂

I meant the circular arguments of another club being able to swoop in and usurp a pre agreed contractual arrangement because they feel like it. We went round in circles in the Countinho thread and suprise suprise once we activated the clause he was ours.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Villa87 said:

He really has burst onto the scene. Delighted we signed him up to a long term contract recently. Is he a Villa fan?

Why, are Citeh sniffing around? 

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Just had a look at Defoe's career, and for someone who I held up there as an elite striker its amazing that he never had a season above 18 league goals. Very surprising. 

Having said that, I would be delighted if Cameron gets to his level!

Bona fide evidence Defoe was a shit striker 

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I know international football isn't a huge standard often in group stages but every time this kid gets given a chance or a new stage he snaps it up.

This is the key thing eh. Barrow in the cup? Scores goals. Chelsea in the cup? Scores. Get a shot in the Championship? Scores. Everywhere he has been in the last year he has scored goals.

Also I agree with you on international football but those goals are actually the moment it moved a step on for me as well… this isn’t some other Championship striker, this kid has been selected amongst the best U21s in the country and in the current England setup that often means training with the senior squad etc. If we don’t give him a shot I think we are missing a trick. Maybe he won’t be ready and he can go out on loan again second half of the season and play another 20 games but let’s see first what happens…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

I think we need to pump the breaks a little here. I hope he gets the chance to impress however many have looked good at this level only to fail to push on and become a premier league starter.

Nah mate. Jump on that 'he's the next R9' bandwagon and enjoy the ride! ;)

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

I think we need to pump the breaks a little here. I hope he gets the chance to impress however many have looked good at this level only to fail to push on and become a premier league starter.

This might well happen to him. But what brakes need pumping? If he doesn’t make it, he doesn’t make it. Hopefully he does though and we won’t know until we see it tried.

No-one is suggesting we start the season with him as the only striker in the squad, just that it’s worth seeing if he has what it takes

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

A bit like Weimann?

6 in 10 at U21 level

22 this season in The Champ

;)

I am messing though...there is something special about Archer.

And to be fair if he goes on to play 400+ games in the top two divisions and for his country as Weimann has done he will feel he’s had a decent career…

• Like 1

Sell Watkins or Ings

Sign new striker

Keep Archer

Let him start league cup games

Let him train with big boys every week

Let him fight for the job.

Little more to prove in Championship 

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Just had a look at Defoe's career, and for someone who I held up there as an elite striker its amazing that he never had a season above 18 league goals. Very surprising. 

Having said that, I would be delighted if Cameron gets to his level!

Don't forget that a large part of Defoe's spurs career was basically as the de facto supersub, him and keane had a great partnership in many games though. I reckon he would have got above 20 goals no problem if he played full games more regularly. Would be a great thing if we can produce a player like Defoe though

• Like 1

What is impressive is that his goals don't go in of his knee or his shins or his arse, he absolutely rifles them in, calm pinpoint accuracy.

If Gerrard was to use him, ok he would take time to find his feet, possibly show his inexperience, but I reckon he would be likely to put away any chances that came his way.

And goals win games.

Keep him in the squad alongside 2 other strikers and see what he can do. If he doesn't get enough game time we can loan him once again in January, depending on how the season is going maybe even to a premier League club fighting for relegation

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

He reminds me so much of a young Jermain Defoe...  His movement, speed, and finishing from all over the pitch...  

ditto.

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Does anyone on here think he has some similarities to Defoe?

;)

No...nothing like him.😀

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â