Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

After watching the whole match today, that was very much a below par performance from us. Gave the ball away constantly and total lack of control throughout.

Brighton weren’t much better than us mind you but they had more possession in the game and took what chances came their way. Think both teams probably only had four or five chances on target if I remember correctly?

Defensively we looked shaky today and not sure why? The sending off was ridiculous and not sure if we can appeal it but we should. It may have been a foul but wasn’t an elbow as suggested by the commentator.

Pleased for Daly getting a couple but not much else to be pleased about today.

I didn't see the second half, but I thought we were comfortably the better team first half and played very well, their two goals came against the run of play, we look a completely different level to what we were last season, just not getting our rewards, in fact I would go as far as saying we actually look better than we did the season before last when we finished fifth and had ou best season ever, which is what's making the results all the more frustrating

And it's also worth remembering that Brighton had a very good transfer window, and have had a very good start to the season, many are tipping them to be the best of the rest team, they were probably favorites going into the game today, in of itself losing to them isn't something to be too concerned about, it's just annoying in the context of the season as an whole so far

Leicester is a big game now, and they're getting praise for their performances too, and play Palace tomorrow, which could well be a confidence boosting big win for them, so they won't be easy, but we have to do whatever it takes to get the three points, get the first win out of the way then hopefully we can put a run together, which was said a lot last season, but we never quite got going, difference this time around is that we're playing much much better, and have a much better squad, and some of our player that were out of form last season are now looking back to their best

28 minutes ago, useless said:

I didn't see the second half, but I thought we were comfortably the better team first half and played very well, their two goals came against the run of play, we look a completely different level to what we were last season, just not getting our rewards, in fact I would go as far as saying we actually look better than we did the season before last when we finished fifth and had ou best season ever, which is what's making the results all the more frustrating

And it's also worth remembering that Brighton had a very good transfer window, and have had a very good start to the season, many are tipping them to be the best of the rest team, they were probably favorites going into the game today, in of itself losing to them isn't something to be too concerned about, it's just annoying in the context of the season as an whole so far

Leicester is a big game now, and they're getting praise for their performances too, and play Palace tomorrow, which could well be a confidence boosting big win for them, so they won't be easy, but we have to do whatever it takes to get the three points, get the first win out of the way then hopefully we can put a run together, which was said a lot last season, but we never quite got going, difference this time around is that we're playing much much better, and have a much better squad, and some of our player that were out of form last season are now looking back to their best

You emphasise out much better squad choosing to ignore that other teams might have improved as well only by more.

Just because I don't mention it in that post, it dosn't mean I've ignored how other teams have improved their squads, I'm very aware of what has happened in that regard, most who follow the women's game will say they we had one of the best if not the best transfer window, we invested heavily, whilst the likes of Liverpool and Spurs are arguably weaker, Spurs definitely so, Everton weren't able to spend, West Ham had a very bad window and some are tipping them to be relegated, Brighton like us invested heavily and signed some good players which I made reference too, Leicester too in general are regarded to have had a good window, but I think their aim is basically to avoid a relegation battle

Also it's not just about the signings, we already had the basis of a very good team at the club, last season because of injuries and other factors didn't give a true reflection of what they're capable of, you could make a starting eleven from players that were already at the club last season, and if they could somehow stay fit for every game, that team alone would be capable of challenging for top six

Besides what other teams have done in the transfer window doesn't change my point, which was that because we have a better squad, we're better placed to turn our form around than we were last season, when we hardly had any players available

Edited by useless

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â