Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Spurs wasted loads of time, was thinking it probably won't get added on adequately, it probably will be now, hopefully we can hold out

Classic Villa™ sadly had something to say about that

Should never allowed the cross to come in for the equaliser. Very frustrating after we'd battled so hard to be in front.

But this team looks so much better than last year. Much more comfortable on the ball. Organised well.

I think there's more to come. We really should be on more than one point from two games.

Finished 2-2. Spurs with only two real chances and score from both.

Some really good play from us until the final third when our final ball was either wrong or poor.

I very much like how we’re setting up though. 

I can't figure out if that's a good point or not :lol:

It probably is really but we've battered them, just the final ball was lacking for about 80 minutes unfortunately. Lot's of positive signs again, hopefully it'll all come to fruition in the upcoming games and this isn't some false dawn. 

Gutting that we couldn't hang on for the three points, as will be good to get the first win out of the way asap, but a draw isn't a bad result, and performance was good with a lot of promise

Another two games coming up this week, Palace in the League Cup, and Brighton away in the WSL, hopefully we can do well

In loan news Freya Gregory scored her first goal on for Southampton in their 2-0 win over Sheffied United

U21s beat Lincoln United 4-1 away from home in the first round of the FA WNL Plate, good win against first team opposition

Edited by useless

Our U21s have drawn Manchester United U21s in the next round of the FA WNL Plate. Strange format, academies entering the competition was billed as giving them a chance to play first teams, similar to EFL Trophy in the mens game, but because there's no group stage and  it's based on the luck of the draw, some academies didn't get that benefit as they were drawn against each other in the preliminary and first round, we at least got one game of that type I guess

It was Mia Sorrentino who scored the hat-trick in the 4-1 win over Lincoln United, she was in the same England squad with Sophia Poor, Milly Round, and Ruby-Rae Tucker, but then got ACL injury which caused her to miss U17 Euros and most of last season

U21s also beat Leicester in a league game 4-1 in the week, Hirons, Fletcher, Sorrentino, and Apuusi-Tchassem with the goals, we had lost the previous two, I think we're playing more up from the U16s, so will lead to mixed results as happens with the mens academy, but should be better for the individual players development and better prepare them for first team football

I thought we might have seen a few youngsters on the bench against Palace in the Cup, and maybe even a start for Poor if Leat is still injured, but Parker seemed very emphatic in her post game interview that we want to win silverware, and such is our depth at the moment that unless we rest a few senior players completely there's not really room in the squad at the moment, would be nice to see Gabi Nunes involved, not sure if she's in contention

Edited by useless

Goalless at halftime, we've hit the post twice, sounds like another one of those games where we're playing well, but having trouble taking our chances. Need to find a way of winning in the second half, as don't want playing well but not being able to win becoming a thing

• Like 1

Finished 2-0 to us, Hanson, and Robinson with our goals, good to see those two and Leon and Daly on the scoresheet so early in the season. Now we've got the first win of the season out of the way, albeit in the Cup, hopefully will help us in the league

Edited by useless

Lee Billiard had apparently said to fans at the Everton friendly that they're looking for their own independant sponsor that will match their core values, at this stage I'm not sure if that's something that could happen in time for this season, no idea how these things work, but presumably shirt sponsors are agreed well in advance of them actually appearing on the kits. Surprised they haven't put Acorns, or the Foundation on them in the mean time

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â