Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

5 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

is she any good

Never seen her play, but her £250k release clause is a really big fee! Must be highly rated.

It's safe to assume that she and Daly will presumably be playing together upfront. Got quite the collection of forwards at our disposal now.

Beat Everton 3-1 away from home, OG assisted by Paula, and then Daly, and Pacheco with our goals, after sixty minutes we made nine changes so everyone got a run out, including academy players Tucker and Maltby

On Gabi Nunes I saw a quote from Levante manager yesterday, which going by the translator, seemed to confirm that we've matched the release clause and that's she's having her medical examinations with us

Last three games we've started with a 443 formation but switched to 442 either at halftime or part way through the second half to good effect, I think with Daly and Leon as the two strikers, so Nunes probably being brought in partly with that in mind

And no Bo Kearns in the squad today, presumably injured, and Bayings has been injured for most of pre-season, that was an area where suddenly we looked stacked for options with Dali and Nobbs also there, but now we're back to where we were last season, hopefully if Bo Kearns is injured it isn't too serious, and Bayings back soon, but shows in women's football you can't have too many options

I watched all three in pre-season and they all look excellent prospects, and we've got others in that age group that also look really promising, Gurling and Hirons went to Canada with the 21s and stood out at that level too, interestingly I think their U16 coach Hugo Rodrigues has been promoted to our first team coaching set-up, so if any of them have a chance to train with our first team in the coming years he can help with the transition

Bayings ruled out for ten weeks, she's doing her rehab with us, a big shame, but we're reasonably well covered for attacking midfielders with Nobbs, Dali, and Bo Kearns, and hopefully she can come back and play a big part in the second half of the season.

Transfer window closes this Friday, could be argued we need another central defender, but we will see, I don't think we're desperate, but a few injuries could leave us in a precarious position, although If Nunes is the only signing we make this week, or even if we don't sign her, we're still looking pretty strong depth wise compared to past seasons

BBC reporting that we've completed our move for Nunes, for a club record fee.

Also says no more signings after that expected, with Nunes that's eight incomings, Daphne the only guaranteed starter we lost, so haven't done too bad

And we're looking at potential loan options for some of our young players

• Like 4

6 hours ago, useless said:

BBC reporting that we've completed our move for Nunes, for a club record fee.

Also says no more signings after that expected, with Nunes that's eight incomings, Daphne the only guaranteed starter we lost, so haven't done too bad

And we're looking at potential loan options for some of our young players

Interesting thank you. Showing some real intent after a limited window last year. Where is the BBC report btw? Can’t see anything on website…

With regards to Hugo Rodrigues, looks like he's been promoted to the first team on a fulltime basis as the U16s are advertising for a new lead coach, saw an interview with him and interesting to see him say that one of the young players he recommended to us was Érica Parkinson, she plays for England at youth level, but is based in Portugal, was someone I had wondered about her because of our Vitoria connection, he mentioned a few others based in Portugal as well, but moves for these players complicated by brexit and the fact they're above U21 level but not quite ready for the first team yet, so can get stuck inbetween the two

Our academy are playing in the FA WNL Plate this season, which previously has been a competition for third and fourth tier teams, so basically similar to the EFL Trophy, but I think it's a straight knockout competition rather than having group stages, we've been drawn away to Lincoln United in the first round

Emma Sanders now saying about us 'as it stands they don't have anyone else lined up but they are keeping an eye on the market and having conversations so that could change' BBC

England U17 beat Spain 2-1 earlier today, one of our three in the squad scored the winning goal, it's on Future Lionesses instagram, the World Cup is later this month, but that will be a different squad, Lydia Sallaway was going to be involved but has been ruled out with injury, just had an operation, I think Rachel Maltby will probably be going

Edited by useless

"Aston Villa have completed the signing of Brazil international and Levante forward Gabi Nunes for a club record fee.

She joins on a two-year deal, with the option of a further year, with Villa triggering a release clause of 300,000 euros (£250,000) to sign the 27-year-old.

Nunes, who has 22 caps for Brazil, was part of the squad that won a silver medal at the Olympic Games in Paris last month.

She becomes Villa's eighth signing this summer with the club investing heavily following the arrival of new manager Robert de Pauw.

It is a statement of their intent to challenge the WSL's traditional top four - Chelsea, Manchester City, Arsenal and Manchester United.

Nunes' arrival sits up there with some of the biggest transfers in WSL history.

Chelsea's signing of Mayra Ramirez for £384,000 remains the British record, while Jill Roord joined Manchester City for a club record fee in excess of £300,000 in 2023."

(That's the whole article - but link for reference: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c4gl3ply7j7o)

There have been a few suggestions that the women might be getting their own main sponsor, they've had Trade Nation on the sleeves, but during pre-season no Betano, nor when they did the WSL content photoshoot day earlier this week, and now we announce Nunes with her in Home shirt without Betano, but also the club have been selling the women's top with Betano on, and the women's players have been advertising that top

Hoping to see Mullett get a loan move today, if possible a Championship move would be good, I wondered if Sheffield United might come in for her as a replacement for Izzy Goodwin who they lost to London City Lionesses last week, but we will see, a loan to the third tier wouldn't be bad as the level is getting better with more clubs going fulltime or semi proffessional, and I don't think the transfer dealines apply to them

Have a good feeling about this season, seem to have lots more options - not sure what our best XI is though.  Feel like Rachel D will drop back to a midfield role, excited by the options we have up top    Robinson - Nunes - Dri  or   Hanson - Ebony - Grant

Don’t feel like many others team have progressed (opposite to last summer) so would really like to see us fight for Top 4/5 again.

Not seen the pre-season games so can’t judge on style of play etc, but reviews seem good.

Doesn't look like any of our young players are going to get a loan move, at least not to the WSL or Championship, I could be wrong but I don't think the transfer window applies to the third tier or below. I think Mullett mght actually be injured, so maybe that one always unlikely. But as above a loan to the third tier might not be the worst idea presuming she's not too far away from being ready to play, and maybe the same could be said for a few of our others, and if they do well, will attract Champioship interest in January

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â