Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Just beat Real Betis 1-0

First half: Leat, Mayling, Corsie, Parker, Paula, Staniforth, Kearn, Nobbs, Hanson, Grant, Salmon

Second half: Di'Angelo, Maritz, Patten, Turner, Pacheco, Staniforth, Taylor, Nobb, Robinson, Hanson, Daly

Adriana came off the bench on 71 minutes and scored our winner on 78 minutes

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/august/28/women-s-backroom-staff-confirmed/

Aston Villa Women is delighted to confirm manager Robert de Pauw's backroom staff ahead of the 2024/25 season. 

Jessie van den Broek arrives as Assistant First Team Coach, having served as an assistant coach to de Pauw at FC Twente and Bayer Leverkusen. 

Most recently on the staff at Manchester City Women, Shaun Goater becomes Assistant First Team Coach, while Chris Stygal (First Team Goalkeeper Coach) joins Villa from Newcastle United Women following their back-to-back promotions. 

Kirsty Frick completes the new arrivals, coming in as Physical Performance Lead after joining from West Bromwich Albion.

Manager de Pauw and his squad begin their campaign against Chelsea on Friday, September 20

• Like 3

U21s beat Sunderland 6-1 today in their first game of the season, Louise Coates hat-trick, Charlotte Lee, Olivia Lowe, and Louise Apuusi-Tchassem with the goals

Kenza back training with us this week, so I think that probably ends the Angel City rumours, also Bayings was with the team in Spain after all

Ella Pettit has signed for Southampton, was on the bench today for their friendly against Arsenal, great for her to get a Championship team

Drew 2-2 with Charlton, Leon and Paula with the goals, not a great result but only pre-season and it was their last friendly before seasson kick-offs next weekend, so maybe they treated it more like a proper game than we did

Never heard of a draw in a penalty shoot-out before, but good to see Sophia Poor save a few of them, and Rachel Maltby to score, should do their confidence some good, interesting that Poor played the whole game with D'Angelo on the bench, I think Leat must be injured, didn't see her in any of the training photos from last week, and Soffia Kelly was with the first team again. We will have a chance to try and do better against Charlton soon enough as we play them in the League Cup

ℹ️🐸 @SERDepValencia Aston Villa are negotiating the signing of GABI NUNES

The @LUDfemenino refers to her clause, which would mean about 300,000 euros of income.

If the Brazilian '9' leaves and no signing arrives (and if it is not a guarantee): OBJECTIVE TO STAY. #LigaF

I'd be surprised if we were signing another striker, we already have plenty of options, Daly, Salmon, Mullett, and Leon and Grant can play there too, and we have lots of attacking optons in general

But transfer rumours in women's football more often than not have some truth to them, you don't get the same level of things being made up as in the men's game, because there isn't the audience for it

Of course could be that someone is leaving, but have seen no hint of that, Mullett could go out on loan, but even without her we would still be well covered

All that said, we're allowed 25 in the squad, and as it stands I think we have 22 places taken, as I presume Poor and Mullett still count as PGA players being U21, so might as well use up the other spaces if we can, given injuries are usally a major factor in women's football

• Like 1

🚨🐸 Unless something unexpected happens, GABI NUNES will no longer be a footballer for @LUDfemenino in the next few hours

The Granota team assumes that her move to Aston Villa will end up happening, due to the important offer from England. #LigaF

Seems like it's legit. Odd signing for that sort of price if true, a very big-money forward isn't what I think anyone really expected to be something we were after.

Hardly going to complain if she starts banging in the goals, mind: and it looks like she has done throughout her career. Another Levante player too!

Edited by wishywashy

2 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Seems like it's legit. Odd signing for that sort of price if true, a very big-money forward isn't what I think anyone really expected to be something we were after.

Hardly going to complain if she starts banging in the goals, mind: and it looks like she has done throughout her career. Another Levante player too!

If we do make this kind of signing in addition to what we’ve already done, I don’t think anyone can then doubt the commitment of the club with the woman’s team.  We seem to be backing the manager with what he wants which is good.

I’m certainly looking forward to the season ahead. 

• Like 3

Women's team have been well backed even before potential Nunes signing, If Nunes comes in for the figure being reported then that will take it to another level, will be our record transfer, and even in terms of world record transfers, I think would be close to the top ten. Wasn't expecting another striker, maybe the logic is that Daly is our only real out and out striker other than Mullett, so we needed another, I think we've played 442 a few times in pre-season as well, so that might have played into the thinking

Edited by useless

Yeah I was worried towards the end of last season about it all but the commitment to the women's team is clear to see. I'm excited again.

Hopefully we don't have a 5 game losing streak to start it off and ruin it all :lol:

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â