Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

What an incredible season. Great stuff from Carla, and also from the recruitment team. We're not just closer to competing with the top 4 in terms of league position, but in terms of performances on the pitch as well. 

Before kick-off felt like a game that didn't really matter too much, but given the circumstancs, away to Arsenal one of the best teams in the league, and our injuries to some of our best players, it's probably one of our best results of the season, and also a fitting end, was thinking before kick-off that it's a shame that we had such a difficult fixture to finish with, as a season like we've had didn't really deserve to finish with a loss, but the fact that we managed to win makes for a brilliant finish.

Really pleased that Remi Allen gets to leave on a high note and as captain in a game like this too.

I think Daly also gets golden boot.

• Like 2

5th place.

Finished on 37 points, with 11 wins.

Player of the season and Golden Boot winner as well in Rachel Daly.

What a way to finish today and something to really build on.

We’re clearly short in numbers with only two outfield players on the bench today. Probably need six or seven players in the summer, but it’s exciting. 

• Like 1

It took me a while but i am properly invested in the womens team now. Even enjoy the football more at times as there are less fouls and stoppages. .Dali and Daly are a double act like Platt and Cowans . Massive congrats to all of them as they have been in probably 15 of the games right to the end. They are brave and play really exciting football now. Can cut most other teams apart when they are on it. 

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

It took me a while but i am properly invested in the womens team now. Even enjoy the football more at times as there are less fouls and stoppages. .Dali and Daly are a double act like Platt and Cowans . Massive congrats to all of them as they have been in probably 15 of the games right to the end. They are brave and play really exciting football now. Can cut most other teams apart when they are on it. 

Yeah I’ve found myself checking results weekly 

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Before kick-off felt like a game that didn't really matter too much, but given the circumstancs, away to Arsenal one of the best teams in the league, and our injuries to some of our best players, it's probably one of our best results of the season, and also a fitting end, was thinking before kick-off that it's a shame that we had such a difficult fixture to finish with, as a season like we've had didn't really deserve to finish with a loss, but the fact that we managed to win makes for a brilliant finish.

Really pleased that Remi Allen gets to leave on a high note and as captain in a game like this too.

I think Daly also gets golden boot.

She does - 22 goals to Shaw's 20.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â