Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

https://as.com/futbol/femenino/el-aston-villa-rompe-la-caja-por-paula-tomas-la-futbolista-espanola-mas-cara-de-la-historia-n/

The Spanish footballer is in fashion and so is the Women's Super League, the highest female category in England. The latest big move of the summer transfer market proves it: Aston Villa has acquired the services of Paula Tomás (El Verger, Alicante, 2001) paying what is expected to be the most expensive transfer in history for a player from our territory . The promising 22-year-old full-back leaves Levante in exchange for more than 100,000 euros and signs a two-season contract with one more optional. Her name is already part of the history of Spanish football .

Meanwhile, the Granota club continues with its talent drain: since Mayra Ramírez left in winter for Chelsea (for 450,000 euros plus variables) Alba Redondo, María Méndez, Antonia Silva, Silvia Lloris, Andonova have also left the club ... And the tenth on the list is Paula Tomás who has been in the spotlight of the English league for a long time.

In fact, Arsenal wanted to take the Alicante full-back last summer, but negotiations to adjust her asking price did not come to fruition. With a contract until 2025, the player is now leaving the Valencian club for Aston Villa in exchange for more than 100,000 euros. What's more, according to sources close to the operation, her transfer would exceed that of Laia Codina to Arsenal last summer.

Looks a good signing, a regular for Levante who are one of the better teams in Spain finishing fourth and third in the last two seasons, Spanish international, only two caps, but she's only 22 - which is good too as brings the age of our squad down, I think last season ours was the oldest, plays in a position where we needed strengthening, as Pacheco was our only leftback option, curiously for a leftback she's also right footed, which I guess explains why she can also play rightback

Edited by useless

Georgia Mullett named in the England U19 squad for the Euros later this month, I noticed Ria Bose listed as unattached, no idea why she's left Chelsea, but she's one of the best players in that age group, so whoever picks up is going to get a very good prospect, no idea if we would be interested, but a few of that profile to boost squad numbers, whilst having potential to become very good players, wouldn't be such a bad idea

Really encouraging to see Villa adding a couple of natural lefties to the squad in Baijings and now Tomas. Having more to share the workload with Hanson and Pacheco (presuming Tomas isn't being brought in as an outright replacement) across the season is clearly a good thing, while things like overlaps and switching positions in-play should become more of a feature and offer greater reliability. When you think of what Ouahabi has offered Man City on their left side, this feels like a shrewd signing.

Sabrina D'Angelo listed as a Villa player on FIFA document listing all the women football squads taking part in the Olympic games.

Pretty much confirms Van Domselaar's departure, presumably to Arsenal, seemed inevitable but I think some people got hope her former manager De Pauw coming might convince her to stay, but I suspect it was already long agreed before then.

Am slightly concerned Poor is going to follow her as would make a lot of sense from Arsenal and her point of view, but we will see, I really hope not, news of her signing pro deal with us would be most welcome, but strange it hasn't happened yet, maybe she has and club just haven't announced it yet

Just now, useless said:

Sabrina D'Angelo listed as a Villa player on FIFA document listing all the women football squads taking part in the Olympic games.

Pretty much confirms Van Domselaar's departure, presumably to Arsenal, seemed inevitable but I think some people got hope her former manager De Pauw coming might convince her to stay, but I suspect it was already long agreed before then.

Am slightly concerned Poor is going to follow her as would make a lot of sense from Arsenal and her point of view, but we will see, I really hope not, news of her signing pro deal with us would be most welcome, but strange it hasn't happened yet, maybe she has and club just haven't announced it yet

That's one way to announce a signing! 

Presumably the club haven't announced it because they know that it will be pretty much confirmation that Van Domselaar is leaving, and for whatever reason that can't be announced yet, I wouldn't have thought it will be too far away now though, with pre-season starting this month. I suspect we will get Miri Taylor confirmation very soon too

Katie Robinson will be a great signing for us presuming it goes ahead, top young player, very direct and exciting, and good workrate to go with it, wouldn't have been a surprise at all if she had have gone to a top four club. They play different positions, but would be great to sign a top prospect like this after losing Blindkilde, and hopefully some more to come

• Like 1

Really pleased with Katie Robinson, so very much hope it goes through. Robinson, Hanson, Leon and Salmon will be great options and support to Daly. Exciting this one. 

Edited by ferguson1

On 10/07/2024 at 11:18, useless said:

Looks a good signing, a regular for Levante who are one of the better teams in Spain finishing fourth and third in the last two seasons, Spanish international, only two caps, but she's only 22 - which is good too as brings the age of our squad down, I think last season ours was the oldest, plays in a position where we needed strengthening, as Pacheco was our only leftback option, curiously for a leftback she's also right footed, which I guess explains why she can also play rightback

Yeah, just watched this and realised that she's listed as right-footed and is shown working on the right side quite a bit in the compilation, frequently doubling-back/cutting infield to get the ball onto her right for the cross when working the left channel. Wiki clearly lists her position as left-back though, so evidently she's a righty who can make adjustments to play on the left (which to me isn't absolutely ideal, but it's obviously very workable).

Edited by Recircle

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â