Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

The draw could have been better but it also could have been worse, Man City good but not as good as Chelsea or Man Utd, we've already beat them at home this season and drew with them away.

We're a good side, it's a game we're capable of winning.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, useless said:

The draw could have been better but it also could have been worse, Man City good but not as good as Chelsea or Man Utd, we've already beat them at home this season and drew with them away.

We're a good side, it's a game we're capable of winning.

True, they won’t be too happy either.

They're favorites but other than Man Utd or Chelsea, we're the hardest draw they could have got.

Truth be told I'm not expecting a win, but we've taken four points from them this season and we're closing the gap on them in general, last season we finished twenty-six points behind them, we're now nine points behind them, that gap might get bigger between now and the end of the season but I doubt it will twenty-six points.

I was never expecting us to have a chance of winning the competition, but if we were to somehow do so, we were always going to have to beat one or two of the top teams anyway, we're at that stage now and just have to get on with it, if we fail not really the end of the world.

It's one of those games where I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us by a big scoreline, because if we have an off day against a team like them then that can happen, but equally wouldn't be surprised if we beat them because we've shown we can compete against them this season.

Not a vintage performance, but got the job done and never really looked in any danger. I can't stress enough how impressive the work we've done this season is, both in the signings and the confidence and the style of play. Great job from the club and from Carla Ward really, chapeau. 

A good win away at another woman's mid-table team and also matching the men's score at Everton. The Villa Ladies also seem to be league positioned similar to the men's team at the moment - securely best of the rest.

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

If you have a slight interest I recommend getting to Villa Park on Sunday 26th of March against Leicester should be a good game.  Kick off 2pm.

Hopefully a record crowd it's cheap and it's a good day out.  £10 adults £5 under 14 and £7.50 under 18.

Buy online now and its only £13 for adult and u14.

I'd love to but I'll be flying out to Malta that day. 

Bringing Carla Ward in has been a masterstroke. She really is elite class in the women's game.

vkYxev4.png

Really good to see. Incredible the turnaround in the space of a year, outstanding recruitment. 

West Ham and Leicester to come in the league ahead a few tougher games come in before the end of the season. If we can remain 5th and claim best of the rest that should really give us even more belief and momentum to progress even further. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, S-Platt said:

If you have a slight interest I recommend getting to Villa Park on Sunday 26th of March against Leicester should be a good game.  Kick off 2pm.

Hopefully a record crowd it's cheap and it's a good day out.  £10 adults £5 under 14 and £7.50 under 18.

Buy online now and its only £13 for adult and u14.

This is also played over the international break so No Premier League games over this weekend 

• Like 1

Â