Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Kenza Dali and Kirsty Hanson both got three assists today, between them assisting all six of our goals.

Danielle Turner was excellent again in defence, unlucky not to have been included in the latest England squad, she seems to be getting a lot of praise in the media recently though, so her good form not going unnoticed anymore, arguably been one of our best two or three players this season, which is all the more remarkable since she was signed as a left-back and only played in central defence initially to cover for injuries.

Fifth in the table, four points clear of seventh so giving ourselves a good chance of a top six finish at the moment, they've got a game in hand over us but if we can beat Everton in the next WSL game we will be giving ourselves a chance of a top five finish.

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

At least the women got back to winning ways today. Brilliant result that. 

Nobbs hattrick and back in the England squad, a good sign for players we want to convince in the summer. 

I understand. Totally get that feeling. They are amazing. But I really want to get to a point where I don't think "at least" anymore. The day is edging closer every year and is already here for many.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Daly on the bench for England women. She's probably scored more goals than all the other attackers in the team put together this season. 

There is definitely a big club bias in the women's game as well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Daly on the bench for England women. She's probably scored more goals than all the other attackers in the team put together this season. 

She plays left back for England usually as well which is bizarre in itself! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

She’s played a lot recently so probably good for her to get a bit of a break. England are making hard work of beating Korea though so wouldn’t surprise me to see her in the second half.

England play three times in a week Daly will probably start at least one of those if not both, main question will probably be whether she's given a chance up front or not. Hopefully Nobbs gets some game time as well, she's looked top class for us so far.

Kirsty Hanson and Jordan Nobbs both nominated for player of the month, Carla Ward nominated for manager of the month for the fourth time this season, she's already won two of her three previous nominations.

• Like 1

I'm not really sure, but Kirsty Hanson will probably go back to Man Utd after her loan , and Lehmann's contract ends this season as well, so I imagine that there's a strong chance that we will be looking to strengthen in attack, even if Lehmann extends her deal.

Allen was one of our better players before injury, but we've strengthened a lot in midfield since then Staniforth, Nobbs, and Dali, plus Blindkilde and McLoughlin doing well, her main competition is probably Staniforth and McLoughlin for the more defensive midfield roles, I doubt she comes straight back into the team, so might depend on whether she minds being a squad player, having missed so much football might want to go where she's guaranteed more minutes.

• Like 1

Â