Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I wonder if there was anything put in the contract to say he can't play against us in the first season? Probably not. Always think of Coutinho playing for Barca but was on loan at Bayern Munich, and scored against them in the semi final I think it was. Absolute joke of a setup and a period in which Barca made some awful decisions at the exec level. I wish nothing but the best for Dougie, but hopefully if he plays against us he has a bad game and we beat them :D 

4 minutes ago, MapleVilla said:

I wonder if there was anything put in the contract to say he can't play against us in the first season? Probably not. Always think of Coutinho playing for Barca but was on loan at Bayern Munich, and scored against them in the semi final I think it was. Absolute joke of a setup and a period in which Barca made some awful decisions at the exec level. I wish nothing but the best for Dougie, but hopefully if he plays against us he has a bad game and we beat them :D 

Yeah Iling-Junior will be the one to punish us.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Well I for one will be on my feet clapping when he walks on the pitch. 

We need to give him a fantastic reception like Beckham got at Old Trafford and then the moment the game kicks off boo him

Edited by Follyfoot

4 hours ago, MapleVilla said:

I wonder if there was anything put in the contract to say he can't play against us in the first season?

Unlikely.  The ‘can’t play against your parent club while on loan’ rule only seems to exist in the Premier League, and it only seemed to be implemented because Lúa Lúa scored in the last minute against Newcastle once. 

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

Unlikely.  The ‘can’t play against your parent club while on loan’ rule only seems to exist in the Premier League, and it only seemed to be implemented because Lúa Lúa scored in the last minute against Newcastle once. 

And he's not on loan. Zero chance of such a clause.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

It's kind of sad to see. Thought he'd at least be starting at Juve. 

Koopmeiners is on the bench as well. Am guessing he was late back to pre season that he is still learning Motta way of playing

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Koopmeiners is on the bench as well. Am guessing he was late back to pre season that he is still learning Motta way of playing

Yeah early days, Juve didn't look much good though. Certainly couldn't control the game, Doug didn't show himself up, was tidy and managed the ball well but I'm a side getting dominated at home by Roma. He should probably be starting but it looks like Motta has some work to do after tonight.

21 hours ago, romavillan said:

Yeah early days, Juve didn't look much good though. Certainly couldn't control the game, Doug didn't show himself up, was tidy and managed the ball well but I'm a side getting dominated at home by Roma. He should probably be starting but it looks like Motta has some work to do after tonight.

Some apparently, outspoken journalist has questioned the ethics regarding Dougie's move, suggesting it was more about helping us with FFP than it was a great signing. If that's the case, so fecking what!!

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Some apparently, outspoken journalist has questioned the ethics regarding Dougie's move, suggesting it was more about helping us with FFP than it was a great signing. If that's the case, so fecking what!!

From our side it totally was for PSR. On paper he improves their midfield though so from their side it's a weird thing to say. He's got all the attributes to do very well in serie a bit Juve Is a weird culture. You either take on all the rules and traditions and fit in or you don't last long 

9 minutes ago, romavillan said:

From our side it totally was for PSR. On paper he improves their midfield though so from their side it's a weird thing to say. He's got all the attributes to do very well in serie a bit Juve Is a weird culture. You either take on all the rules and traditions and fit in or you don't last long 

You make a valid point. Many decent players gone to Italy and struggled. Ian Rush stand out, as that was with the "Old Lady." Rideout at Bari. Didn't Bergkamp struggle at Inter? To this day, I still consider Bergkamp the finest players to have graced the Premier league. 

I hope Dougie has success there, if not, I'm sure he'll be welcome back in the distant future. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think we'll move on fairly quickly from Dougie. Onana is an upgrade, we won't need to look back

I still think to get where we ultimately want to go we need both, that might have been the plan, onana was always coming but it was in addition to luiz not instead of

Onana Luiz Kamara Tielemans pick 3 of the 4 every week then Barkley on the bench too, that would be incredible depth 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â