Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I like how the timeline keeps moving back, from March, now it's Christmas. Give it enough time and it'll be as if he had a bad season.

Nope. Since Sheff Utd at home has always been when he was shit from.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

We can't keep the ball for shit. Even when he was out of form, he still kept the ball moving. Unless we change style, we are going to struggle until Kamara is back. I hope I'm wrong of course.

Erm. I thought we were always shit when Kamara wasn't there to look after Luiz? So nothing has changed?

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Nope. Since Sheff Utd at home has always been when he was shit from.

Erm. I thought we were always shit when Kamara wasn't there to look after Luiz? So nothing has changed?

I don't subscribe to this narrative. We still kept our style of play even after he got injured. We currently look nothing like an Emery team, and this is game #6. It's not even a preseason thing because we didn't look like this last preseason.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I don't subscribe to this narrative. We still kept our style of play even after he got injured. We currently look nothing like an Emery team, and this is game #6. It's not even a preseason thing because we didn't look like this last preseason.

Kamara was injured in... Feb? Can't remember.

We were really bad from about then to the end of the season. Save for the odd game. That was when it turned.

What definitely, clearly, isn't the case is: Good, sold Luiz, bad. That is not the reality.

47 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Kamara was injured in... Feb? Can't remember.

We were really bad from about then to the end of the season. Save for the odd game. That was when it turned.

What definitely, clearly, isn't the case is: Good, sold Luiz, bad. That is not the reality.

We also had a shit ton of injuries and mounting fatigue in that period. I'm not saying he was some world beater, but we still need a player of his profile, at least until Kamara is back. Ironically the closest thing we have to that seems to be Enzo who was a makeweight in the Luiz deal, but is still quite raw. We just don't look an Emery side without a regista type player. I thought Barkley would be that but he looks miles off it.

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

This view is becoming more and more common.

Cobblers in my opinion.

Luiz was so bad from Christmas he's lucky it didn't turn sour.

It's as simple as his suspension against Brentford got us Champions League. He'd have started at Arsenal and we'd have been overrun and smashed 3-0. We might have beaten Bournemouth at home, we might not. I know Luiz wouldn't have been a match winner for us because he stopped trying four months earlier.

I think it so far appears a valid point.

Youri for me is not level on luiz doesnt score as many goals doesnt get as many assists and is injury prone.

Luiz so bad after xmas ? No he wasnt. He struggled to relive the form of the first half but "so bad" thats abit OTT in my opinion

Onana probably had a worse 2024 than Luiz had. He was dropped to the bench for chunks of it and only played more than 60 mins in 6 out of the last 15 games. I think Onana will be a good signing but if the bench mark is February and onward then he's apparently a terrible signing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Match ratings after every game

According to who?

8/10 for Sheff U and Burnley at home :lol:

He was balls in those.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

According to who?

8/10 for Sheff U and Burnley at home :lol:

He was balls in those.

I think it's sofascore.com

He was 2nd and 3rd respectively in MOTM voting on here for those games, for whatever that's worth.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think it's sofascore.com

He was 2nd and 3rd respectively in MOTM voting on here for those games, for whatever that's worth.

Those team performances were very very bad. No one was good. Second or third best cowpat in the field isn't anything to celebrate.

I'm sad Luiz's departure is being bastardised into a big negative that's going to come up every time we lose.

Not by you particularly, but in general online. Lots of real dickheads sharpening their knives ready to hammer the team if they aren't in the top 4 after a few games. Ready to hammer other fans for not demanding top 4, whatever that means. Pathetic stuff.

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Those team performances were very very bad. No one was good. Second or third best cowpat in the field isn't anything to celebrate.

I'm sad Luiz's departure is being bastardised into a big negative that's going to come up every time we lose.

Not by you particularly, but in general online. Lots of real dickheads sharpening their knives ready to hammer the team if they aren't in the top 4 after a few games. Ready to hammer other fans for not demanding top 4, whatever that means. Pathetic stuff.

For me it's not about Luiz specifically, but for the type of player he is, and what his profile brought to our team. Same thing goes for say, Pau Torres, who is no world beater himself. If we sold him and bought Kurt Zouma for example, who is a good player (ignoring his feline shenanigans), I'd be similarly worried. We'd have gained a good defender, but lost a key component of Emery-ball. 

I'm not too worried about results in the early season. We lost 5-1 on opening day last season, but I came away from that optimistic on how our season would pan out, and then we finished 4th. Whereas the previous season we lost narrowly like 2-1 or something to Bournemouth but I felt absolutely terrible about our prospects. 

By my estimation, we really need to sign a midfielder who can dictate play, as well as a CB and a striker depending on how the Duran situation shakes out. Failing that, I think we'll really struggle to retain our 4th spot.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

For me it's not about Luiz specifically, but for the type of player he is, and what his profile brought to our team. Same thing goes for say, Pau Torres, who is no world beater himself. If we sold him and bought Kurt Zouma for example, who is a good player (ignoring his feline shenanigans), I'd be similarly worried. We'd have gained a good defender, but lost a key component of Emery-ball. 

I'm not too worried about results in the early season. We lost 5-1 on opening day last season, but I came away from that optimistic on how our season would pan out, and then we finished 4th. Whereas the previous season we lost narrowly like 2-1 or something to Bournemouth but I felt absolutely terrible about our prospects. 

By my estimation, we really need to sign a midfielder who can dictate play, as well as a CB and a striker depending on how the Duran situation shakes out. Failing that, I think we'll really struggle to retain our 4th spot.

Have you seen much of Onana yet? He's really keen to get on the ball and play. On the floor, directly from the defence.

He's probably not quite as good going forward as Luiz, but the key thing Luiz gave us is a base to start from. I think Onana will do that no problem.

I'm much more worried about Tielemans or McGinn or Barkley if they have to be playing very deep, getting the ball off Martinez. Luiz -> Onana is fine IMO.

• Like 1

Overrated player imo. Did the easy stuff well, scored a few important pens, set pieces were bang average, concentration was an issue.

Average when in a relationship with Alisha, brilliant when they broke up, shit after they got back together.

7 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Overrated player imo. Did the easy stuff well, scored a few important pens, set pieces were bang average, concentration was an issue.

Average when in a relationship with Alisha, brilliant when they broke up, shit after they got back together.

If you think luiz was over rated whats your opinion on youri?

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If you think luiz was over rated whats your opinion on youri?

I think Doug suffers a bit by the fact he turned up every week even when he and the team was on its knees and he was holding the midfield together.  Youri did well in fits and starts and showed flashes of class, Boubs did brilliantly but had lapses when taking the ball from Emi.  All 3 are superb but two of them missed a lot of football and most likely will this season too.

• Like 1

I think its clear from his recent comments he wanted the move so it wasnt just us having to sell for FFP. He wanted to go juve. You cant blame him really juventus are a huge club

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â