Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As one who's been trying to keep the composure and downplay the exit somewhat, must admit... The finality or it and farewell video is quite depressing FFS 

Under normal circumstances, this should have been his chance to grow with and excel even further as part of the team he fought so hard to get to where we've gotten to.

Biggest worry should have been about him keeping his place and/or taking his game even higher with new arrivals and competetion 

It's a bit shit.

But onwards and upwards.

IIRC… I felt anger when JG left (and my attitude has just been: sod him).

This time, I feel sadness.

• Like 2

Sad to see him go but this feels nothing like when Gresford  left, I think I spent the first couple of seasons thinking he'd go back to Citeh on a buyback clause anyway so the fact he's stayed so long is a bonus.

Much as I admire him and his silky skills , I don't think I ever felt it would rip the soul out of the club when he inevitably left. What I appreciate above all is the class he''s shown in the way he's handled himself whilst representing our club both on and off the pitch.

A great player and a great guy. I wish him the best.    

• Like 1

Just now, supermon said:

It's better he went abroad, would have hurt a tonne more if he moved to Arsenal or City.

For sure, plus having to see him play against us fairly regularly would’ve been sickening.

Can’t begrudge him a move to Italy, new challenge, environment, lifestyle.

• Like 1

Sad day for the club since we were told get top four and we wouldnt have to sell. Definitely sadder than when Grealish left and has been a great servant for the last 5 years and just a pity

• Like 2

Gutted. Probably the worst deal we have done in some time, we are usually brilliant at selling players at a good value, but we've been done here. He's worth a lot more than £42m.

I know I keep repeating it but we really cannot go into next season with the current midfield options. There has to be one or two new players lined up to come in surely. 

• Like 1

Â