Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, Jas10 said:

It will look a whole lot better when and if the players we have signed do well… their values will rise (maybe massively so, I’m more excited about Barrenechea).

Just glad we didn’t get McKennie.

Long term it could turn out a fantastic deal. Really think we will struggle for the first part of this season unless we get a fantastic player in who settles from day 1.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Because I really rate Luiz and the return is unproven at best atm. The money also feels low considering what inferior players have moved for. Fully understand there are other factors involved thou.

I rate him too but £42m plus two exciting young prospects can hardly be called an awful deal at this stage.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Because I really rate Luiz and the return is unproven at best atm. The money also feels low considering what inferior players have moved for. Fully understand there are other factors involved thou.

There are many reasons that the fee is low and they have been discussed at length, in this thread and the transfer window thread.

It's a good deal for the club all around. The incoming players will reach their potential under UE and neither of them are direct replacements for DL.

Just now, Mantis said:

I rate him too but £42m plus two exciting young prospects can hardly be called an awful deal at this stage.

It’s 28,000,000+ the two players

• Sad 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Not true. It’s well established that Monchi leads negotiations, but nothing is done without Unai’s approval. 

Of course Unai approves it. They work together very close. But the managers isn't above the DoF. That's the old English system that Ferguson and the likes had. The European model that everyone uses this day is not like that.

Fifty million for him is very good bearing in mind he only had two years left on his contract

Iling Jr is someone we've been tracking for a long time and someone we asked to be involved, he's a very good prospect, maybe better than some realize, I watch him for England youth teams and he's one of the standouts, bearing in mind he's playing alongside others that are also playing a the top level and for top clubs

Enzo I don't know about but has seemingly just had a good season in Serie A and Juventus were intending to keep him as a squad option

Also this deal shouldn't be judged in isolation, we haven't replaced Luiz within this transaction, we've used it to strenghten other areas of the squad, the replacement for Luiz will be done seperately

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Absolutely awful deal until proven otherwise. Could still happen of course. Uphill battle now to fix the midfield until Kamara comes back.

Stunning bit of work by Juve thou.

Agreed.

This deal undoubtedly starts as awful and can improve from there.

It doesn't start as neutral because we've just sold a Champions League level player for barely much more than others are getting for their Omari Kellymans.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Long term it could turn out a fantastic deal. Really think we will struggle for the first part of this season unless we get a fantastic player in who settles from day 1.

It’s going to be a very busy window… we will boost the quality of both the team and squad… no need to worry at this point.

We’ve got to see what happens and reserve judgement until the window has closed.

• Like 1

Â