Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, sne said:

Absolutely awful deal until proven otherwise. Could still happen of course. Uphill battle now to fix the midfield until Kamara comes back.

Stunning bit of work by Juve thou.

Dougie wanted to leave. That’s the reality though. I trust Unai got the deal he thought was best. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Absolutely awful deal until proven otherwise. Could still happen of course. Uphill battle now to fix the midfield until Kamara comes back.

Why's that?

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I think we'll be able to cope better without him than we would have if other marquee players ended up leaving instead, but that doesn't make me any less gutted to see this happen.

Loved the guy even in his initial period where he was being questioned a lot, just felt he'd always come good eventually and we'd see better from him the better the squad around him got. Hard to want Juve to do well but I hope he goes on to have a great career.

In the past, a sale like this would’ve really harmed us but… we have Unai… so there is barely any concern.

And I don’t agree that we ever replaced JG… we were struggling… until Unai arrived and transformed us - wow. Made us a proper team that plays the kind of football we’ve never or barely ever seen.

The best and most important person at the club.

Edited by Jas10

9 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Another statement with no "Thank you and good luck"

Interesting...

We did a good luck post on social media but curious we did a lack of wishing well in the future in the statement 

Just now, Mantis said:

Why's that?

Because I really rate Luiz and the return is unproven at best atm. The money also feels low considering what inferior players have moved for. Fully understand there are other factors involved thou.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

F PSR

• Like 1

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Where has it been stated he wanted to leave?

Why did no other club come in for him then? A player doesn’t need to publicly state he needs to leave to be wanting change. I’m sure in the long run it will work out for both parties. It was obvious that Juve was singled out for the move. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Because I really rate Luiz and the return is unproven at best atm. The money also feels low considering what inferior players have moved for. Fully understand there are other factors involved thou.

It will look a whole lot better when and if the players we have signed do well… their values will rise (maybe massively so, I’m more excited about Barrenechea).

Just glad we didn’t get McKennie.

• Like 2

Time for me to settle upon a new favourite Villa player. Obviously he has been fantasic under Emery but I too will always remember his performances after the return from the lockdown when he was vital in the run which ultimately kept us up.

I wish him every success. 

Edited by Isa

Â