Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

What the **** did you lot do regarding transfers when there was no internet and only the Evening Mail and Sports Argus?

Probably not born or still on the teat 😂

Ceefax

10 hours ago, Tubby said:

Doug was never going to go for £80m. Not with two years left on his contract and not signing a new one. The fee, at best, could have been £50m-£60m.

Now, why wasn't the fee in that range? Because the excellent people that run our club have engineered the deal for their benefit.

1. The fee received for Doug, cleared the PSR requirements.
  2. We pay less Tax on the gains and a lower sell-on to Man Citeh - just the right amount to ensure we don't fall foul of PSR and not do Juve
  3. The two inbound players have both come in at reduced fees too.
  4. That helps us to reduce the burden on our future books
  5. The two inbound players fix squad depth problems, that would have cost us a lot more if attempting to purchase on the open market.
  6. We can now utilise additional funds to purchase Doug's replacement - someone that wants to be here and plays at the same or a higher level.

So why didn't more clubs bid for him? Perhaps they did, but they were probably told no deal. Juve have proven to be willing partners, Doug himself is following Alisha there and the value created by the deal overall, is a lot better than straight cash.

Thanks, exactly what I would have replied with had I got there first.

Edited by MrBlack

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

What the **** did you lot do regarding transfers when there was no internet and only the Evening Mail and Sports Argus?

Ring the 0898 clubcall line and then get a kicking off the old man when the bill came! 

edit: seems I was't the only one!

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Ring the 0898 clubcall line and then get a kicking off the old man when the bill came! 

edit: seems I was't the only one!

Please read other threads my friend. I was very much one of those the slow slow talking eventually after seven or eight minutes getting to a rumour transfer costing the best part of 15 quid.🤣🤣 I also used to get caught out on the 0898 talk to party girl lines, those were usually £1.50 a minute🤣 I had fudge my ER bill for several months to the company to exclude the 2 1/2 thousand pound a month Call charges

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Please read other threads my friend. I was very much one of those the slow slow talking eventually after seven or eight minutes getting to a rumour transfer costing the best part of 15 quid.🤣🤣 I also used to get caught out on the 0898 talk to party girl lines, those were usually £1.50 a minute🤣 I had fudge my ER bill for several months to the company to exclude the 2 1/2 thousand pound a month Call charges

There’s a party online 0898 212121 08 9821 2121

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I even pretended to register as a woman once because they had the calls for 5p per minute, no idea what I would’ve done if approved but probably would’ve improvised.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Ah, I really miss ceefax!

I still read it every day on the red button on any BBC free view channel. Although it is just a cut down version of the website. 

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

How do you kids today get proper Villa reporting without The (proper) Evening Mail and Sports Argus? 

The answer is you don't, you just get click bait bullshit and unsubstantiated rumours instead of proper researched, connected professional journalism. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I even pretended to register as a woman once because they had the calls for 5p per minute, no idea what I would’ve done if approved but probably would’ve improvised.

So you're sort of trans then.

Brave.

Mate 😍

Â