Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

9 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I fully agree with your point KentVillan but they are equally wank for everyone. The only point I’m trying to make is Luiz is a very good player but not a great player, especially when the pressure gets turned up it seems. 

Winning penalty vs Burnley, scored as 5th penalty taker v Lille....

32 minutes ago, a-k said:

Winning penalty vs Burnley, scored as 5th penalty taker v Lille....

If we’re picking individual games …please now do his performance and penalty v Olympiakos…. 

Edited by DakotaVilla
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I fully agree with your point KentVillan but they are equally wank for everyone. The only point I’m trying to make is Luiz is a very good player but not a great player, especially when the pressure gets turned up it seems. 

You’d get on very well with Striker, just not heard anybody else be so critical of him other than you guys.  

For me he was as important as Martinez and Watkins.  

Sad day to see him go and we may bring in somebody better but imo that will be an incredibly hard task and we currently have a very big hole in midfield imo.  

I trust in Emery and co but I’m gutted he’s going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please can anyone on this thread that thinks Luiz is so amazing explain one thing to me. Just one thing. As Luiz was available for the bargain basement price that we’ve sold him to Juve for…. Why did no one else come in for him this summer? 

He was shite towards the end of the season, and we actually performed better with Tielmans, I don't know why we need to even debate that.

HOWEVER, it's still unfair to judge his tenure with based off of that.

On the whole he's been a great servant to the club and hit his peak with us in the earlier parts of last season.

I still feel people are using sentiment to make him much better than he is though ( Has been for us I should say, as he obviously has all the ability ).

It's a shame we can't go into our CL season with him and an even stronger squad but it is what it is 

I think we'll be fine.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

Please can anyone on this thread that thinks Luiz is so amazing explain one thing to me. Just one thing. As Luiz was available for the bargain basement price that we’ve sold him to Juve for…. Why did no one else come in for him this summer? 

There are possible factors such as teams not having any cash before the end of June when we needed to sell, plus us perhaps not wanting to sell to Arsenal.  We also don't know for sure if no other teams enquired anyway.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You’d get on very well with Striker, just not heard anybody else be so critical of him other than you guys.  

For me he was as important as Martinez and Watkins.  

Sad day to see him go and we may bring in somebody better but imo that will be an incredibly hard task and we currently have a very big hole in midfield imo.  

I trust in Emery and co but I’m gutted he’s going.

It's going to be really tough if not impossible to find a 10 goal + 10 assist central midfielder, especially one who sits as deeply as Doug and always fit.  Hopefully we can offset that with other players chipping in more and Ollie getting better at penalties.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

What makes you think they didn't? We keep our business incredibly quiet and we won't want to strengthen a rival so no need to leak stories of rejected bids. 

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

There are possible factors such as teams not having any cash before the end of June when we needed to sell, plus us perhaps not wanting to sell to Arsenal.  We also don't know for sure if no other teams enquired anyway.

There areno such possible factors. Not a single large club (they don’t have PSR issues because they’re income is so high) put a bid in for him. And please dont be that naive to think that we don’t know for sure. Every single bid is leaked to the press. 

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

What makes you think they didn't? We keep our business incredibly quiet and we won't want to strengthen a rival so no need to leak stories of rejected bids. 

Are you really that naive to think that if man united, spurs, Barcelona, arsenal etc etc had made a bid that no one would know? 

Just now, DakotaVilla said:

Are you really that naive to think that if man united, spurs, Barcelona, arsenal etc etc had made a bid that no one would know? 

Seriously? You're deluded. There will be hundreds of enquiries every summer that don't get announced. Quite possibly they picked up the phone and we said don't bother, we're not selling to an English club. Maybe his agent said, don't bother, he wants to go to Italy. They might have asked us not to share their enquiry to avoid highlighting their summer demands,  or to avoid the embarrassment of losing out to "only" Juventus.  There's hundreds of reasons why seemingly no other bids for him have been leaked.

Using that as a reason to highlight how shit he is, is a huge reach. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Barcelona were linked briefly, Man City were mentioned, and Arsenals interest has been long standing and well known, but yeah sure,  nobody else wanted him and so we just had to sell him to one of the biggest clubs in Europe for £50m, he must be rubbish 🙄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

There areno such possible factors. Not a single large club (they don’t have PSR issues because they’re income is so high) put a bid in for him. And please dont be that naive to think that we don’t know for sure. Every single bid is leaked to the press. 

How come none of them have made any signings yet?

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's going to be really tough if not impossible to find a 10 goal + 10 assist central midfielder, especially one who sits as deeply as Doug and always fit.  Hopefully we can offset that with other players chipping in more and Ollie getting better at penalties.

spacer.png

Â