Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Ok Slater GIF

I suggest you check this thread from Manchester Utd (Home) onwards. I’d also refer you to any player ratings site (e.g. whoscored.com). It’s a statistical fact that he was terrible for the latter part of the season …. And you have to remember that’s with the uplift from having penalties. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

I suggest you check this thread from Manchester Utd (Home) onwards. I’d also refer you to any player ratings site (e.g. whoscored.com). It’s a statistical fact that he was terrible for the latter part of the season …. And you have to remember that’s with the uplift from having penalties. 

Er so was the rest of the team? And we had no midfield by the end of the season?

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

Done all that thanks, also watched the games. Not many are saying his form didn't drop towards mid March and onwards. It's your ott take on it that's being laughed at. 

• Like 2

I’m genuinely sad to see him go. He struggled in the last half of the season but let’s face it, we were running on fumes and he wasn’t playing with the type of people who helped him excel earlier in the year. Despite that, his contribution to us has been over several years, and he’s given me many great memories of super goals and fantastic assists (as well as more goals from corners than I can easily remember). It’s been fantastic watching him mature into a world class talent and if his final act for us, is sorting out our annual finances then that’s not a bad way to head out. 

Cheers Dougie, Arrivederci! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Cue more debating on the comments section on the facebook post arguing over who is better Ronaldo or Messi....

" Let me tell you... Chelsea is the greatest Football club which ever existed "

Those African bot types have started trawling on our OS posts as well, that's how you know we've made it 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

You’re talking absolute rubbish. His form went off a cliff the second Kamara was out. He was the worst player in the XI for the rest of the season after that and that was by a clear distance. 

funny-sarcasm.gif

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

funny-sarcasm.gif

No, I have data. He was a complete and utter shadow of his former self at a point where his team needed him most.

Also, it should be noted that despite the bargain basement type deal on offer this summer not a single other club other than Juve was reported to bid for him in the last month. Obviously, everyone else was looking at the data as well. 

Just to be clear I’m not saying he’s shit. He’s been very good for us overall. But he’s also very replaceable, hence why the club has done the deal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

No, I have data. He was a complete and utter shadow of his former self at a point where his team needed him most.

Also, it should be noted that despite the bargain basement type deal on offer this summer not a single other club other than Juve was reported to bid for him in the last month. Obviously, everyone else was looking at the data as well. 

Just to be clear I’m not saying he’s shit. He’s been very good for us overall. But he’s also very replaceable, hence why the club has done the deal. 

Dab Data GIF by A1 Slovenija

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Whoscored from Man U onwards has him our 2nd highest rated at Fulham, Forest home our 2nd highest rated with 2 goals, Luton average but got a lovely assist, Spurs he was actually our highest rated, West Ham and Wolves average but comparable to most. He didn't drop below 6.5 until Man City away (and plenty of players had gone below that before then), which is the point his game did start to markedly drop.

But then thats when we hit a crazy fixture schedule and players like McGinn and Konsa suffered the same around then, co-incidently the players who'd played the most since Emery got here.

And no uplift from penalties, because apart from the one against Olympiacos, we didn't get any in the latter part of the season.

So no, its not a statistical fact he was terrible for the rest of the season from the second Kamara got injured, infact like most you've written about Luiz recently, it's complete bollocks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, andym said:

Whoscored from Man U onwards has him our 2nd highest rated at Fulham, Forest home our 2nd highest rated with 2 goals, Luton average but got a lovely assist, Spurs he was actually our highest rated, West Ham and Wolves average but comparable to most. He didn't drop below 6.5 until Man City away (and plenty of players had gone below that before then), which is the point his game did start to markedly drop.

But then thats when we hit a crazy fixture schedule and players like McGinn and Konsa suffered the same around then, co-incidently the players who'd played the most since Emery got here.

And no uplift from penalties, because apart from the one against Olympiacos, we didn't get any in the latter part of the season.

So no, it’s not a statistical fact he was terrible for the rest of the season from the second Kamara got injured, infact like most you've written about Luiz recently, it's complete bollocks.

It’s complete and utter bollocks to say that McGinn and Konsa’s performances dropped to a similar level to Luiz.

The validity of your post is summed up by “actually against spurs he was highest rated” he was 6.45 - shit. Luton 6.57 - shit. Now let’s do the rest:

west ham away - 6.45 - shit

Wolves home - 7.03- average 

Man city away - 6.12 - so shit.

Brentford home - 6.45 - shit

Chelsea home - 5.38 - embarrassingly shit

Brighton away - 6.45 - shit

Liverpool home - 6.09 embarrassingly shit

Palace away - 5.70 - embarrassingly shit

olympiakos home - 0.00 - worst performance ever seen by a Villa player in  a semi final. 

Add on to that that during this run of poor form that Luiz was supposed to be a senior player which makes his MIA act especially poor. 

You’re entitled to your opinion but I’m extremely confident that come the end of next season we’ll be very happy with this deal and his replacement when he comes in. 

• Haha 2

Still not happy about this move. To me, Doug & Kamara in the double pivot were the key to our success in the first half of the season.

Someday maybe we'll know whether Doug wanted to leave or the club decided to move him. If the former, we had to get some value for him before his contract expired and I will have to accept it. If the latter, well, in Unai we trust, but even the best get decisions wrong from time to time, and this is one that I will be questioning until I see results from whomever replaces him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

It’s complete and utter bollocks to say that McGinn and Konsa’s performances dropped to a similar level to Luiz.

The validity of your post is summed up by “actually against spurs he was highest rated” he was 6.45 - shit. Luton 6.57 - shit. Now let’s do the rest:

west ham away - 6.45 - shit

Wolves home - 7.03- average 

Man city away - 6.12 - so shit.

Brentford home - 6.45 - shit

Chelsea home - 5.38 - embarrassingly shit

Brighton away - 6.45 - shit

Liverpool home - 6.09 embarrassingly shit

Palace away - 5.70 - embarrassingly shit

olympiakos home - 0.00 - worst performance ever seen by a Villa player in  a semi final. 

Add on to that that during this run of poor form that Luiz was supposed to be a senior player which makes his MIA act especially poor. 

You’re entitled to your opinion but I’m extremely confident that come the end of next season we’ll be very happy with this deal and his replacement when he comes in. 

Just as a gentle counterpoint to that argument, it's worth noting that WhoScored ratings are a complete load of wank

• Like 1

Â