Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend.

You have been the one, you have been the one for me.

Nice one PMcG.

Thanks for playing with a smile on your face Douglas, and gracing Villa Park with your silky skills. You leave us in a stronger and happier place than you found us. It has been a pleasure to count you as one of us.

All the best for your future success, health and happiness.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Goodbye Douglas.

A class player with a high ceiling who had 2 great seasons, 2 mixed ones, 1 poor one overall.

It's a shame the way it's turned out. We wouldn't sell unless we had to, but he obviously wants to leave.

Can't honestly say that I understand wanting to leave a 4th placed Premier League team for a 3rd placed Serie A team, an inferior league by far. 

Farewell.

Which one was the poor season?

It says it all about how good a footballer is (and how bad a manager is), that him taking a corner is our best opportunity to score directly.

Has a fairly unique skillset that will be missed and difficult to replicate, but I think easier to replace with something different, versus losing Watkins/Emi and trying to replace them. 

Enjoy the good life Dougie and feel free to come back if Italy doesn't work out. You'll be remembered fondly and get a very warm reception if our paths cross in the champions league. 

Edited by MrBlack

The way I look at it is that he will be a big loss.

But so was Mings. And we did ok.

So was Buendia. And we did ok.

So was JJ. And we managed to get a replacement in his role. 

It's not the end of the world - I am sure we will be fine without him. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

The way I look at it is that he will be a big loss.

But so was Mings. And we did ok.

So was Buendia. And we did ok.

So was JJ. And we managed to get a replacement in his role. 

It's not the end of the world - I am sure we will be fine without him. 

Good point, well made with solid use of examples. 

1 house point. 

Romano on Facebook:

🚨 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆: Juventus and Aston Villa signed all docs for Douglas Luiz swap deal! 🔁 📑

Medical tests completed for Douglas Luiz as Juventus player in Brazil’s camp, contract until June 2029 ⚪⚫

Samuel Iling Jr and Enzo Barrenechea completed tests as Aston Villa players from Juventus + €28m fee 🟣🔵

Ian Maatsen has also signed for Aston Villa in the last 48h on six year contract from Chelsea for £37.5m 🇳🇱

𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧. "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Romano on Facebook:

🚨 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆: Juventus and Aston Villa signed all docs for Douglas Luiz swap deal! 🔁 📑

Medical tests completed for Douglas Luiz as Juventus player in Brazil’s camp, contract until June 2029 ⚪⚫

Samuel Iling Jr and Enzo Barrenechea completed tests as Aston Villa players from Juventus + €28m fee 🟣🔵

Ian Maatsen has also signed for Aston Villa in the last 48h on six year contract from Chelsea for £37.5m 🇳🇱

𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧. "

Cue more debating on the comments section on the facebook post arguing over who is better Ronaldo or Messi....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

He was one of our best players until Kamara was injured and then quite frankly he became a liability.

Good luck to him but I don’t think we’ll be sat here in 12 months missing him.

What a load of nonsense. Sure he made a mistake and the ball got kicked into his arm for a penalty. Apart from that he was one of our most important players like always. 

Love you Dougie. You'll always be welcome back, even as a visiting player! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nigel said:

The silver lining is the fact we won't have to hear commentators embarrassing themselves massacring his name!

But they will continue to butcher Emi Martinez and Kamara’s names.

Sorry to see him go, he’s been a key component of our success under Unai, and at times under Smith, certainly for that period after lockdown. I know his form dropped somewhat in the last third of last season but he was still having an impact and he’d been immense before that. He’s a likeable player, silky skills, a lovely range of passing, a cool penalty taker, and he was a bit feisty as well as being good fun. 

I’m glad he’s not going to another prem team, and I wish him well in Italy and I’m sure he’ll be a key player for them too. He’s been a great signing for just £15m, now is his peak and probably the best time to cash in. I’m sure we can fill the gap in our midfield with the funds we’ll have available. I would have been worried under the last bloke, but in Emery we trust, he will get it right. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

You’re talking absolute rubbish. His form went off a cliff the second Kamara was out. He was the worst player in the XI for the rest of the season after that and that was by a clear distance. 

Ok Slater GIF

• Like 2

Easily one of our best bits of business in recent years. Considering the number of £5-20m sales City make and they go on to do nothing, Luiz has been a welcome exception. Nobody could have foreseen that in 5 years he'd triple/quadruple in value and be an integral part of the team which helped get us established in the prem and back into the top European competition. His individual contribution has been enormous so a huge thank you & good luck!

He leaves a better more complete player and us in a far better position.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Â