Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

I imagine it’s all signed. It’s just a case of completing medicals, doing PR stuff and getting clearance. Will be done before 30 June. 

Doug going there was all agreed before the 14th ,it was just the incoming contracts that have prolonged things

Im sure I read this morning somewhere that Barrenechea was finishing the second part of his medical in England today (which has been reported as successful) and Dougie was having his medical today in Brazil, so given the time difference he won’t have started his yet.  I guess contracts will then be signed tonight/tomo with announcements shortly afterwards.

34 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I know it's not, but this feels like the most protracted deal ever.

Everyone knows it's happening, medicals these days are a complete formality, FFS just announce it already. 

I guess it cuts down the amortisation each day they get closer to June 30th.  Every little helps and all that.

Enjoy the thread while it’s still here. Been a great 5 years with Luiz in our club. A lot of progress for him and the team. Wanted him to play CL with us, but atleast had a European experience. 
As much as I wanted him to stay, I’m so excited about the movements that are happening now and looking forward for more.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Enjoy another tweet from Fabrizio and I.

Surprised they forgot to start preparing the documents before now.  It’s like getting to completion day when you move house.  Whoops, we forgot to sign the Transfer and book the removal van. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

Goodbye Douglas.

A class player with a high ceiling who had 2 great seasons, 2 mixed ones, 1 poor one overall.

It's a shame the way it's turned out. We wouldn't sell unless we had to, but he obviously wants to leave.

Can't honestly say that I understand wanting to leave a 4th placed Premier League team for a 3rd placed Serie A team, an inferior league by far. 

Farewell.

Thanks for the goals and pens Doug. So much talent even when you could be frustrating at times. A key part of our rise from promoted to Champions League. Wish you and Alisha happiness and success in Turin. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

Â