Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Article from Manchester Evening News from last year saying there is no sell on clause. I assume it's just part of our negotiation to only value him at £42m as long as the other two were £9m each which is a low fee for them. 

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

How have we only sold him for €50m/£42m seems very very low fee. Same for the two players we're bringing in €22m/£18.4m

Is this because we want to minimise the sell on clause? I really don't get this. Without doubt Luiz is worth more than £42m

I can see 3 possible benefits of this:

1. Lowers sell on fee to City

2. Lowers amortisation for the 2 new players 

3. Lowers agent fees perhaps?

Massive downside is lower profit on player sale, which might have forced our hand to sell Kellyman and Tim before end of June.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I can see 3 possible benefits of this:

1. Lowers sell on fee to City

2. Lowers amortisation for the 2 new players 

3. Lowers agent fees perhaps?

Massive downside is lower profit on player sale, which might have forced our hand to sell Kellyman and Tim before end of June.

#2 seems like the biggest reason to me considering the accounts for next year will supposedly be a challenge. Having only small amortization costs for Enzo & SIJ will likely be very helpful

21 hours ago, CVByrne said:

How have we only sold him for €50m/£42m seems very very low fee. Same for the two players we're bringing in €22m/£18.4m

Is this because we want to minimise the sell on clause? I really don't get this. Without doubt Luiz is worth more than £42m

They purchased Luiz for £60.4m and we used £18.4 of that to get Iling Jr and Barranchea.

That’s essentially the deal but it has been tweaked to look different for accounting porpoises.

Thats my guess.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

They purchased Luiz for £60.4m and we used £18.4 of that to get Iling Jr and Barranchea.

That’s essentially the deal but it has been tweaked to look different for accounting porpoises.

Thats my guess.

I echo this conclusion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Thats my guess.

You are close, but not quite. 

They paid a world record €228 for Doug, and we paid €100 each for Enzo and Iling

but no one got time for that hype and it made Doug uncomfortable being the most expensive player ever, Doug didn’t want to upset Neymar’s fragile ego. So, Villa and Juve agreed to keep the difference in value and reduced the reported fee to the lowest that they could get away with. Now Neymar is happily doing creepy things with his sister, totally unaware that Doug took a massive one for him. Doug’s sacrifice also gave Villa and Juve low amortisation numbers for the books. What both clubs accounts love.  

everyone wins 

Doug for being a total stand up guy and  the most expensive player in the world 

Enzo and Iling for finally having a Sutton Coldfield postcode and upgrading their clubs 

Juve and Villa for essentially declaring 10 quid a month on the books for the 3 of worlds most expensive transfer deals ever

and.. Neymar for having a solid friend like Doug

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Thats my guess.

What on earth does that mean. Tweaked to look different for accounting purposes? 

Luiz has a value he's sold at in our accounts. There is no magic that can be done it has to be registered and approved and has a price 

That price is reported as €50m 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tubby said:

It has been widely reported as:

• €50m for Doug
  • €22m for Iling Jr and Barrenechea

So that's roughly £43m for Doug vs. a book value of about £3m, which equates to an accounting profit of £40m. 

The transactions for the incoming players are treated separately so their value can be amortised over the duration of the contract at ~£1.9m each per year.

As separate transactions, they do not impact the Doug transaction other than assisting Juve's cash flow; €50 out, €22m in = net €28m movement.

The fee for Doug might be artificially low, but so might the fees for incoming players. The benefits of a reduced fee for Doug are; a) future years amortisation is lower for Juve; b) we pay a reduced sell-on fee to Man Citeh; c) capital gains Tax is lower.

napoleon-dynamite.gif

I’m genuinely in love with after that lot. That’s the clearest explanation of anything FFP related I’ve ever seen. Thank you 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

napoleon-dynamite.gif

I’m genuinely in love with after that lot. That’s the clearest explanation of anything FFP related I’ve ever seen. Thank you 

Blushing Snl GIF - Blushing Snl Flattered GIFs

• Like 1

Nicolo Zaniolo believes Douglas Luiz is ‘a great signing’ for Juventus, explaining the qualities of the Aston Villa midfielder, and confirmed his desire to return to Serie A this summer.

https://football-italia.net/zaniolo-talks-douglas-luiz-juventus/

Bit of Dougie love from Zaniolo and he comes across as a nice guy who enjoyed his time with us. Hopefully he gets the move he wants 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

What on earth does that mean. Tweaked to look different for accounting purposes? 

Luiz has a value he's sold at in our accounts. There is no magic that can be done it has to be registered and approved and has a price 

That price is reported as €50m 

Whale I don’t know. But I can tail you @Tubby hit the nail on the head about the PSR implications part of it. 

I was trying to say something separate from the PSR part but my brain failed me. Tis irrelevant now.

On 23/06/2024 at 19:08, Demitri_C said:

I dont know why but i have a feeling dougie wont like it much in italy and i bet he is back in england in a couple years

Back to Villa Park I hope, to eventually play for us in the CL and to hopefully win it. :cheers: 

23 hours ago, Tubby said:

It has been widely reported as:

• €50m for Doug
  • €22m for Iling Jr and Barrenechea

So that's roughly £43m for Doug vs. a book value of about £3m, which equates to an accounting profit of £40m. 

The transactions for the incoming players are treated separately so their value can be amortised over the duration of the contract at ~£1.9m each per year.

As separate transactions, they do not impact the Doug transaction other than assisting Juve's cash flow; €50 out, €22m in = net €28m movement.

The fee for Doug might be artificially low, but so might the fees for incoming players. The benefits of a reduced fee for Doug are; a) future years amortisation is lower for Juve; b) we pay a reduced sell-on fee to Man Citeh; c) capital gains Tax is lower.

Monchi and the legal/Tax team doing their fancy footwork. Contrary to the impression given, these exchange deals seem to have significant commercial merit, maybe havent seen the end of this this window.

Â