Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He's got two years left? Tbh I'd expect with 12 months left we'd get near 40m for him. That's Mount and Gallagher that are being touted for 55m with year left.

We've got the other 2 players so cheap, in reality we have got more like £50-£55m for Dougie. It's just cooking thr books. The quoted figures are arbitrary. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont know why but i have a feeling dougie wont like it much in italy and i bet he is back in england in a couple years

Depends on if they find him a shade light enough to avoid monkey chants etc i guess.

• Sad 1

Shows how little sentiment there is in football, because I just don't see why he'd want to leave.

Been here for years and a part of something special building us up from relegation fodder to Champions League and then doing one just as we achieve it.  Why would you not want to play at least one season with us in the Champions League.?  Juventus, while a massive club are **** gross too.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 2

I’ll be sad when these moves to other football which is likely in the next few days.  Disappointing that he’s leaving for whatever reason, thought he could help us kick on even further.  Just hope we replace him well.

How have we only sold him for €50m/£42m seems very very low fee. Same for the two players we're bringing in €22m/£18.4m

Is this because we want to minimise the sell on clause? I really don't get this. Without doubt Luiz is worth more than £42m

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

That said, I wish they'd hurry up and confirm this deal now

Same but i guess due to complex nature of this deal its taking longer.

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

How have we only sold him for €50m/£42m seems very very low fee. Same for the two players we're bringing in €22m/£18.4m

Is this because we want to minimise the sell on clause? I really don't get this. Without doubt Luiz is worth more than £42m

Its going to be hard to know the exact fee due to valuation of the other two players coming here i would imagine

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Depends on if they find him a shade light enough to avoid monkey chants etc i guess.

I thought club med countries reserved their racist abuse for players of African heritage? 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Same but i guess due to complex nature of this deal its taking longer.

Its going to be hard to know the exact fee due to valuation of the other two players coming here i would imagine

I think that's the point. Makes sense for all parties 

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think you’ve answered your own question. I’m guessing they agreed the money difference between them getting Luiz and is getting those two players and then adjusted the “fees” to reduce the sell on as much as possible because I’m guessing Iling-Jnr and Barrenechea are worth more than what they are valuing them in this deal.

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

I thought club med countries reserved their racist abuse for players of African heritage? 

A lot of Brazilians are of African heritage  due to the Portuguese colonies. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

My guess is it’s a case if we needed to sell quickly and maybe we didn’t want to sell to another PL club, there’s no way there wouldn’t have been PL interest at £42m (or more) so it must have been a conscious decision to sell him abroad. 

The two players coming in for €22m / £18m there’s an argument if they do well in the PL their value will grow to much more than that, £9m roughly for each is not much these days so maybe we have agreed a low fee for the incoming players to offset the relatively low value for Luiz. Perhaps this has been calculated as the best PSR trade off for immediate profit vs future amortisation commitments - we probably could have structured the deal the value all 3 players more highly if they really wanted to

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sad but true, very polarised here. Like, go to Parma and mention Faustino Asprilla and there's just massive love for him. Then poss some of the same people might be perfectly happy to do the monkey shit at Balotelli that same afternoon. Quite often it's who you would least expect as well. I spose Spain Is the same with the unmentioned civil war, here there's some prison guards I've worked with who openly treat April 25th (liberation from fascism) as a defeat.

That said, with Alisha being so close to home, if he digs the mountains he'll love it up there in Turin. Plus short flights for some amazing islands and stuf...

• Like 1

Â