Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I am not sure how much Luiz forced the move in any case. He renewed when we were in a much weaker position and could easily have had the pick of big clubs in the summer with a year remaining on his deal. 

It is well known that we had to sell a major player for PSR and the club obviously decided on him. I suspect also that Emery wants to tactically restructure the team and that starts in midfield. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

That's a lot of speculations going on there. The guy from the beaches of Rio had his head set on moving to the place the 2006 winter Olympic were held due to lifestyle reasons rather than football reasons? 

Watch him do an Unsworth and leave after 6 days when he finds they have no beaches in Turin

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Turin is a 4/5 hour drive from Alisha's hometown in Switzerland. Hence why she's also moving (allegedly).

And let’s all discuss the elephant in the room…..Dougie is whipped hard. 
Alisha wears the pants. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Fair enough if you think that was the driving reason in this transfer. I do not.

I don’t think it was the only reason, but how easy it escalated and she was also transferred to the same club, suggests it was part of the reason. 

3 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Alisha wears the pants. 

Could be worse.  He could be Peter Enkleman and she could be wearing something else. 

• Haha 1

The fee does seem low but then so does the combined fee of the 2 players coming in.

£43m into the accounts, whilst roughly spending £3.7m per season for 2 very promising players who will only go up in value over the next few years. 

I imagine their combined wages will be around what Dougie earned alone.

I trust the club to know what they're doing.

the overall fees are oddly low, but I just think it’s a clever way to cook the books in a different way

the deal could of been €65m for Doug and €37m for Enzo and Iling Jr and still got the same outcome. Yet, then both clubs would have high amortisation and less profit when the players are sold.

the deal we have gives us a low amortisation and a pretty much guarantee that we going to make nice profit when we come to sell Enzo and Iling and juve selling Doug

just a different way of kicking the book money down the line. We get less book money now, but we have some more later on when we sell the players. As long as we are in the black now, then it’s not a bad idea. 

PSR accountancy really makes money an abstract thing. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

You are thinking of Steffan Postma!

Oh shit, yeah of course! 

• Like 1

Dougie was inconsistent but what I'll always appreciate like Watkins was his availability to play every game (bar suspension). It shows as an athlete he's professional, he looks after himself well and he always wanted to turn up for the team.

It's very rare to have that these days, I don't think we appreciated that given how the majority of players at least pick up little niggles here and there. 

• Like 1

Juve seem to be the only team willing to buy him, overall the figures aren't as relevant as the they might be in an non PSR driven sale.

We will move on again as a team and we have some of the best ownership, management and coaching structure in world football, which in itself is incredible.

Not worried about Dougie leaving, I'd expect at the end of the window we will have a significantly stronger squad than last season.

He generally had a fantastic five years for us.

I thank him for his contribution and he could've easily left earlier than he did.

Could well see him back at VP next season so will get a very good reception I'm sure.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Dougie was inconsistent but what I'll always appreciate like Watkins was his availability to play every game (bar suspension). It shows as an athlete he's professional, he looks after himself well and he always wanted to turn up for the team.

It's very rare to have that these days, I don't think we appreciated that given how the majority of players at least pick up little niggles here and there. 

This is one of main reasons I am against his move. He has missed 15 games in 5 seasons and dont think has ever been injured maybe had Covid once. He is as durable as Ollie

It will be near impossible to get that consistency

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Probably best to wait until the window is closed to analyse the squad, I’d imagine there are a lot more transfers (ins and outs) to come yet.

Agreed. Its all a bit manic at the minute and must admit I am feeling a bit deflated with whats going on, but thats because I like our existing players and I like to see good academy players breaking through. I realise that may make me a dinosaur in the modern football game! I attach no blame to Monchi/Emery, they're trying to work the PSR system the best they can for us. I guess its a case of hating the game, not the player.

I'm sure by the end of the window, i'll be feeling more positive. I have a feeling the bigger incomings will be post June 30th. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CroVillan said:

Alisha wears the pants. 

Or they could be both grown adults and discuss things and mutually come to the agreement it's something they'd like to do.

• Like 1

As others have said, his girlfriend being thrown into the deal was just a bonus. I highly doubt he would have pulled out of the deal or made an issue of it if they had declined to include her. 

1 minute ago, Isa said:

As others have said, his girlfriend being thrown into the deal was just a bonus. I highly doubt he would have pulled out of the deal or made an issue of it if they had declined to include her. 

Things that piss you off that shouldn't - Page 4492 - Off Topic - VillaTalk

• Haha 2

Â