Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

21 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Monchi knows what he's doing. 

It's a bit shit tbf but for me it suggests just how desperate we are, and not a mark on the staff at the club trying their best to ease the pressure.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

It's a bit shit tbf but for me it suggests just how desperate we are, and not a mark on the staff at the club trying their best to ease the pressure.

IF he didn't sign a new contract, then how is this desperate

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

IF he didn't sign a new contract, then how is this desperate

He's got two years left? Tbh I'd expect with 12 months left we'd get near 40m for him. That's Mount and Gallagher that are being touted for 55m with year left.

• Like 1

PL hardened. 200 odd appearances for the club. Entering his prime years. Brazilian international. Making way for someone who's played at an average level and is unproven and we are (atm) relying on Tielemans which is very worrying (love him as a squad player)

There was talk of I'd "sell him if we got 100m" a few months ago so I'm not going to view selling Luiz who's got better year in year out and helped us secure top 4 for 40m quid as a good thing. It's not.

As for the signing new deal thing, he signed a new deal when we were at our lowest ebb, we've always given players who peformened well for us wage rises. This is worrying.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

PL hardened. 200 odd appearances for the club. Entering his prime years. Brazilian international. Making way for someone who's played at an average level and is unproven and we are (atm) relying on Tielemans which is very worrying (love him as a squad player)

There was talk of I'd "sell him if we got 100m" a few months ago so I'm not going to view selling Luiz who's got better year in year out and helped us secure top 4 for 40m quid as a good thing. It's not.

As for the signing new deal thing, he signed a new deal when we were at our lowest ebb, we've always given players who peformened well for us wage rises. This is worrying.

There's nothing worrying about it. 

We've also just signed one of the hottest prospect as our LB with more to come. 

Let them build the squad 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's got two years left? Tbh I'd expect with 12 months left we'd get near 40m for him. That's Mount and Gallagher that are being touted for 55m with year left.

I mean you can expect it, but with 12 months left the club run a very possible risk they get nothing for him. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

There's nothing worrying about it. 

We've also just signed one of the hottest prospect as our LB with more to come. 

Let them build the squad 

I will and it's a long way to go but I think we are going to have to spend some to replace Luiz next season and almost our season hangs on getting that player in.

31 minutes ago, sne said:

Fantastic bit of business for Juventus, well done to them I guess.

their reckless overspending in that period they were trying to keep up with the Spanish giants in search of that elusive next European crown has turned the old lady into the old vulture. Not a complaint either, you gotta do what you gotta do and Id sooner see Dougie lining up in Serie A than in a gooner shirt. He did the club a solid by signing a new deal when he did. There was a time I worried we might be losing him for zilch, but he’s always been class and probably wanted to give us insurance on bringing money back in for him. Always says how the club have always been great with him etc.

No doubt about it though off the back of that first 12 months or so under Unai, his peak value at that time would have been £80m? Its a good deal all around, especially for Juve, only parting with as little €€ as they are; and especially if the 2 lads that come in perform instantly under Unai, we all have another successful season and they triple in value. 

It's been a while since we've sold our best players(jack aside) and especially for not crazy fees. I'm not used to it and I don't like it but I guess we'll have to get used to it as we continue to progress.

I understand some fans think the club has been fleeced on this deal, however it’s apparent that Luiz wasn’t going to sign a new contract and he wanted to move for lifestyle reasons.

That left the club with a very small target to get the best deal for his transfer. The club could have been belligerent and looked for more money, but reading between the lines, Luiz was pretty specific about what move he wanted and most likely included his partner.

It’s rare that a player is wanting a move for life choice, but I can see it happening more with this generation of players.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I understand some fans think the club has been fleeced on this deal, however it’s apparent that Luiz wasn’t going to sign a new contract and he wanted to move for lifestyle reasons.

That left the club with a very small target to get the best deal for his transfer. The club could have been belligerent and looked for more money, but reading between the lines, Luiz was pretty specific about what move he wanted and most likely included his partner.

It’s rare that a player is wanting a move for life choice, but I can see it happening more with this generation of players.

Life choice? Unless he is a big skiing fan am not sure Turin is a lifestyle change

He is moving to sadly a bigger club to play Champions League under a highly rated young Brazilian manager who plays attacking football

6 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

That's a lot of speculations going on there. The guy from the beaches of Rio had his head set on moving to the place the 2006 winter Olympic were held due to lifestyle reasons rather than football reasons? 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Life choice? Unless he is a big skiing fan am not sure Turin is a lifestyle change

He is moving to sadly a bigger club to play Champions League under a highly rated young Brazilian manager who plays attacking football

There’s been strong rumours that Alisha wanted to be closer to home in Switzerland hence the deal for her also. It’s quite obvious the destination played a big role in this deal and why there was no competition for his signature.

Just now, sne said:

That's a lot of speculations going on there. The guy from the beaches of Rio had his head set on moving to the place the 2006 winter Olympic were held due to lifestyle reasons rather than football reasons? 

Turin is a 4/5 hour drive from Alisha's hometown in Switzerland. Hence why she's also moving (allegedly).

1 minute ago, sne said:

Not really, there’s been enough information in the media and online forums suggesting his girlfriend wanted to be closer to home.

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Turin is a 4/5 hour drive from Alisha's hometown in Switzerland. Hence why she's also moving (allegedly).

And even shorter by private jet I imagine.

Edit: Honestly doubt they'd do the 10 h commute back and home from Switzerland many time a year when they can just hop on a private jet and be there and back again in just a few hours. If it's lifestyle that's the pull I'd say it's the 1.5 h drive to Milan that's more appealing. 

Edited by sne

Just now, QldVilla said:

Not really, there’s been enough information in the media and online forums suggesting his girlfriend wanted to be closer to home.

Fair enough if you think that was the driving reason in this transfer. I do not.

Â