Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

9 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I don’t think many (if any) are suggesting we would sell those two ahead of Luiz.

But we could have got £60m for them no?  So Dougie was the option selected.  

I would enjoy players while they are here, but as you go up, some struggle to achieve the next level.  

1 hour ago, chappy said:

Grown men probably shouldn’t have a favourite player but I need to find a new one now. Go well Dougie!

My fave too, but now Rogers.

He’s been here since we’ve gone back to PL, I don’t think he missed any game for injury. Only good memories. Hope him the best. He wrote his name in our club history. Now we move on and see how we progress, we don’t have time to even feel bad on this deal, it was our only way to not go into some trouble.

• Like 1

I’d love the idea that, they transferred the price of each player to each other “to not make it look like a swap” 

“here’s 50m Villa”

”here’s 22m juve”

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, macandally said:

But we could have got £60m for them no?  So Dougie was the option selected.  

I would enjoy players while they are here, but as you go up, some struggle to achieve the next level.  

I think we would get more for them.

I don’t think Emery wants to sell them.

I don’t believe Emery particularly wants to sell Luiz. The likely reason he’s being sold is for the points that have been suggested a hundred times before. 

In terms of being a valuable player but also being a player we could operate without, Luiz is probably number one. 

We could probably operate without, say, Diaby. But we probably wouldn’t receive as much and Emery likely thinks the best is yet to come from him. I think managers are generally less likely to sell the players they themselves brought in.

That, along with the two years left on his contract, the sense that maybe he (and Lehmann) wants a change, we have a financial issue that needs resolving…

There are seemingly several factors involved in the decision, some factual, some supposition.

15 minutes ago, macandally said:

I think your twisting words now, please state where that rubbish was said (apart from in your own head!)?

As for this. Please note the word “acting”. As in the tone that Luiz has been this weight that’s needed shifting. I can only infer from your post that you haven’t seen any of @striker’s thoughts on the matter.

I’ll give you a hint…they’re not a fan.

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’d love the idea that, they transferred the price of each player to each other “to not make it look like a swap” 

“here’s 50m Villa”

”here’s 22m juve”

And on different days as well…

Heres 50m Villa at 11.59pm on Monday. 

Then on Tuesday at 00.01, here’s 22m Juve. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ender4 said:

And on different days as well…

Heres 50m Villa at 11.59pm on Monday. 

Then on Tuesday at 00.01, here’s 22m Juve. 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe9150mkwe2uaikajffer0

smart thinking, they’ll never guess!!!

• Haha 1

Good deal in the end we book €50m-ish and spend €22m over 5 year contracts on two high potential players that join our squad.

I really like Dougie, top player and seems like a decent fella too, but very replaceable and this with the other deals should free us up to spend big on 2/3 first team players to add to:

Maatsen

Illing-Junior

Enzo

Barkley

Who all should strengthen our depth.

Buendia, Mings and Ramsay also come back in to strengthen the squad.

We've lost Luiz, Zaniolo and Lenglet from the squad the got us 4th place.

I'd expect Digne, Duran, Dendoncker and others will leave too.

15 minutes ago, jim said:

Having our pants well and truly pulled down here. 

I look forward to you moaning about it in every match thread when it looks like it may not be going our way next season Jim 💪🏽

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Are we really value Luiz the same as Duran?

Do you value Iling and Enzo the same as Dobbin?

It’s accounting hocus pocus. If we needed it Dougie would have cost 60 mil. But then so would the players coming to us be more expensive and have higher amortisation.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jim said:

Having our pants well and truly pulled down here. 

I’m not thrilled at the amount but, slightly frustratingly, I’m going to reserve judgement on the deal until a year or two of with the players joining us in return.

If they do well on the pitch and their value at that point is say £50m combined, then we’ve done well. 

4 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Are we really value Luiz the same as Duran?

I assume this is partly down to just the two years left on his contract and us receiving two young prospects for relatively low fees. Plus not selling to a premier league club.

I don’t really get all this financial trickery. I assumed everyone wanted the values to be high to get around things, but obviously not. Amortisation maybe. 

21 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m not thrilled at the amount

I actually think the amount is less relevant than ever before, ironically, considering it’s financially motivated. Right now sales/transfers in football will be way less about what a player is ‘worth’ and about what a club needs on a particular timeline. I’m very sad he’s left because I really rate him (Juve have him at a bargain price for sure) but IF we are selling him as part of our wheeler-dealing then whether that’s for £30m or £60m doesn’t matter as long as it lets us skate past PSR for last season and sign whoever our targets are this summer. Obviously more is better, but this is just about moving numbers around on a spreadsheet now.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I look forward to you moaning about it in every match thread when it looks like it may not be going our way next season Jim 💪🏽

But he was always the first to defend Gerrard 🤔

• Haha 1

Â