Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

22 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

* FIRST person that can bring 60+ mil, tbh.

Yeah people who are acting like Unai has been itching to get rid since day one seem to be forgetting that he’s overseen three transfer windows without showing him the door.

Can’t have been that desperate to cash in on a player who’s apparently oh so surplus to requirements.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

£15m and two potential bench warmers😍

I’d have loved £70 million cash too, but £28 million and a stronger squad is what we’ve got. Still better than £20 million to a competitor and watching him boss every week as a direct competitor. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Still think this is a dreadful deal as we need a big replacement for him. The two guys coming in don't add to the core of the team and the money isn't enough to replace.

Also can't stress how reliable he was, hardly ever injured and he managed 204 games in 5 seasons for us.

What's your alternative?

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Presumably about £75m upfront that we could use as we please.

Which obviously wasn't on offer, as Monchi / Emery / AVFC would have preferred that also.

I'll ask again, what the alternative?

Nobody is ever paying £75m for Dougie. Let's be real. It doesn't diminish his qualities, but realistically, he's not that level of player that only a very small handful of clubs could afford to spend upfront.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chappy said:

Grown men probably shouldn’t have a favourite player but I need to find a new one now. Go well Dougie!

Oh we very much should 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

What's your alternative?

Well straight cash at a more reasonable price of 50-60m is ideal, it's gone down as a bit below that on paper now but we've had to spend half of what Juve paid in order to make this deal happen.

Looks like we have been forced into a lower sale so we can get things done before end of June, no idea how much we need to raise but it seems a lot with the sales we are trying to do.

The issue I have is that we are insanely light in CM and stacked on that left side, this is just making that situation worse. While I think this deal is very poor overall, let's see where we are at come the end of the window. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Well straight cash at a more reasonable price of 50-60m is ideal, it's gone down as a bit below that on paper now but we've had to spend half of what Juve paid in order to make this deal happen.

Looks like we have been forced into a lower sale so we can get things done before end of June, no idea how much we need to raise but it seems a lot with the sales we are trying to do.

The issue I have is that we are insanely light in CM and stacked on that left side, this is just making that situation worse. While I think this deal is very poor overall, let's see where we are at come the end of the window. 

Yeah. £50,000,000-£60,000,000 isn't an alternative as it's not on offer. What we're accepting is clearly the best we can do with what has been offered to us before the 30th June deadline.

As for squad depth, there are still two months of the window to go. I don't understand the issues with this; do you not think Emery et al also recognise we lack depth? They will obviously rectify it.

If we're selling Luiz on 31st August, I'm concerned with you. June 22nd, not so much.

• Like 1

Â