Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

17 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Well no, but I think he prefers it to seventh best. Let’s see if the summer’s dealings get us close to the former not the latter!

Luiz is going as Emery thinks he can find better.  If he felt he was essential to this squad, he would be ring fenced like Watkins, Martinez etc.

Have we learnt nothing over last 2 years, we are only looking better and upwards 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

Luiz is going as Emery thinks he can find better.  If he felt he was essential to this squad, he would be ring fenced like Watkins, Martinez etc.

Have we learnt nothing over last 2 years, we are only looking better and upwards 

Sorry but… I don’t know how/why anyone can make such definitive statements as this, as though they are accurate or true. Cannot know unless we talk to or hear from Unai.

Cant really ignore the PSR factor too. If that wasn’t a thing, I feel like Unai would not even think of moving Dougie on.

Or the contract rumour…

Oh well, to each their own…

6 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Thanks for everything Dougie! Leaving on a high after securing champions league for us. By all rights he should have left during the Gerrard debacle, but he signed a new contract against the odds and was a big part of the upswing under Unai,  so I feel like we have had a good innings from him. He will be a monster in Italy where he will get an extra second on the ball at all times, which will suit his style. 

Yep… we shouldn’t really ignore or fail to appreciate how critical he has been in what we’ve manage to achieve. One of the biggest contributors…

A shame how a few seem to have turned on him or become extra critical because of a drop off in form (despite the reasons why) or just because he is leaving….

he WAS that good… 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Corleone said:

do we still need to generate another £30+m before the end of June to meet the FFP requirements or does this deal cover it?

the deal will go down on paper as a full 55/60/65m or whatever Luiz's total cost was, i would think?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sorry but… I don’t know how/why anyone can make such definitive statements as this, as though they are accurate or true. Cannot know unless we talk to or hear from Unai.

Cant really ignore the PSR factor too. If that wasn’t a thing, I feel like Unai would not even think of moving Dougie on.

Or the contract rumour…

Oh well, to each their own…

We will never know, but Unai is fundamentally running the playing side of the business.  Strange how the FIRST person he looks to move on is Dougie?

1 minute ago, macandally said:

We will never know, but Unai is fundamentally running the playing side of the business.  Strange how the FIRST person he looks to move on is Dougie?

* FIRST person that can bring 60+ mil, tbh.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, macandally said:

Great, that sounds lovely and I hope you’re right! 

35 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's a much much easier league. The problem he'll have is he's not a great self-motivator IMO.

He does slip into coasting does the Doug.

Honestly you don’t get to the level of playing Champions League football and for Brazil if that’s the case, especially with his background. I know what you mean but if I’d grown up in the favela I’m 90% sure I’d still be in the favela. Suggesting a lack of self motivation doesn’t really add up with the last two decades of his life. (Absolutely get of course that there’s a point when players can take their eye off the ball and start to just love the life)

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, macandally said:

We’re all entitled to our views mate…

Personally, I don’t think it’s as simple or straightforward as that.

To me, at least, it was obvious that he was relied on (top 3 for most minutes played too) and highly valued by Unai. A key player for sure - he called him “the light of our side”… always spoke positively about him.  

Short on options regarding bringing big fees/deals in and battling PSR… might’ve been the most willing to leave out of those few players too. Ollie and Leon recently committed to new deals, Emi is clearly “all in” (what a guy).

7 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Can only wish him well. Top player for us. We could have lost him to Arsenal for £20 million 18 months ago. This is much better. 

£15m and two potential bench warmers😍

I've got no problem with him going, obviously would have preferred him to stay but at least I won't need to listen to that dick head commentator constantly call him Dooglash Louise

Â